It's A Date - Mikey McLeod (Requested)

Your friend Y/F/N invited you to go to a little get together at her boyfriend's house. Normally you weren't really the party type, but you thought it might be nice to have a change of scenery. You didn't know much about the get together other than the fact that there would most likely be hockey players there. Y/F/N was dating a hockey player on the Mississauga Steelheads and he was the one throwing the party. You weren't going to the party to meet a guy yourself, you were going to try and get out of the house. Most Friday nights were spent at home for you. It took some convincing from your friend, but you finally decided to give in and go.

After you took a shower you decided on what to wear. You knew it wasn't a formal event, but you still wanted to look nice. You decided on a black pleated skirt that went just above your knees, and an off the shoulder blue, long-sleeved top. You put on your favorite booties and got your jacket on. As you were getting your keys, your phone started ringing.

"Hello?" you said, not checking to see who was calling.

"Hey are you on your way?" Y/FN's voice came onto the line.

"I'm almost out the door." You smiled. "Why what's up?" you asked her.

"I was just telling some of the bachelors here that my very beautiful friend is going to be here soon." She joked.

You rolled your eyes as a smile crept across your face. "I told you I'm not going to find a boyfriend, I'm just going to have some fun." You reminded her, heading to your car.

"Well, we'll see when you get here. You can just come in if you want, no one is really knocking." She told you.

"Alright well I'll be there in a few minutes I'm leaving now." You told her, getting into your car.

"Okay see you soon." Y/F/N told you before hanging up.

You put your phone down and drove to the address that your friend gave you. When you got there you had to park a few houses down since there were quite a few cars there. You walked down the sidewalk to the house and went to open the door. Just as you reached for the doorknob, the door opened and there was a blonde young man looking at you.

"Oh, sorry." He said.

You looked up at him and gave him a polite smile. "That's okay, we just have good timing." You joked.

"I was just headed to my car to grab my phone charger." He told you, smiling the whole time.

You smiled and nodded. "Okay well don't get lost." You said, mentally slapping yourself.

"Sure." He said, smiling. He walked past you towards his car.

You walked inside and looked for Y/F/N and her boyfriend. When you found them, you hugged your friend and waved to her boyfriend.

"Hey I'm glad you made it." She said.

"Yeah, not even here five minutes and I already embarrassed myself in front of some blonde guy." You said.

Y/F/N smiled. "I'm sure it wasn't that bad. Who was it?" she asked.

"I didn't get his name. He had kind of spiky hair, dirty blonde hair actually, he was wearing a grey sweater." You said.

Y/F/N's boyfriend smiled. "Oh that's Mikey. He's a sweet guy, I can introduce you guys." He offered.

You blushed and bit your bottom lip. He was cute, but you weren't sure that you were ready to actually meet a guy. "Oh, I don't know." You said softly.

Y/F/N smiled and waved to someone behind you. "Too late." She said to you.

Mikey walked over to the three of you and smiled. "Hey how are you guys?" he asked.

Y/F/N's boyfriend smiled. "We were just talking about introducing you and Y/N." he said.

You looked up at Mikey and smiled. "Hey, we met earlier by the door." You told him shyly.

"Yeah we did. I'm Mikey." He said holding his hand out.

You shook his hand gently and smiled. "I'm Y/N. It's nice to officially meet you." you told him.

"You too." He smiled. "Can I get you something to drink?" he asked you.

"That would be great, thank you." you said.

He walked you to the kitchen to get you a drink. The two of you started talking about different things and decided to go downstairs where it was a little quieter. You talked about your interests and plans for the future, and really hit it off. The two of you ended up spending the rest of the night together just talking and getting to know each other. When it came time for the party to wind down, you said goodbye to Y/F/N and her boyfriend. Mikey offered to walk you to your car since it was dark out and he wanted you to be safe. The two of you walked outside and headed for your car.

"I had a really nice time tonight. I'm glad you came out." He said.

You smiled, feeling your cheeks turning pink. "I'm glad I did too. It was a really nice party and I had a lot of fun talking with you." you told him.

"I did too, it was definitely better than a regular party." He said. "You're a really cool girl." He said.

You smiled more and nodded. "Well thank you. You're a really cool guy." You told him.

When you got to your car, Mikey stood in front of you smiling. "Here we are m'lady."

"Thank you for walking me and keeping me safe." You smiled.

"It was my pleasure." He said. "So can I maybe see you again?" he asked shyly.

"I'm sure we'll see each other sometime." You said.

He smiled and ran his tongue over his bottom lip. "I mean can we go somewhere sometime? Like a date?" he said shyly.

You smiled and bit your bottom lip. "You know what, I'd really like that." You told him.

His face lit up and he smiled. "Really? Great. Well you've got my number so we can figure out a time and place. I'll take you to dinner and we can do something fun afterwards." He smiled.

You nodded and smiled up at him. "That sounds great." You said.

Mikey smiled and opened your door for you, and when you were inside he shut the door for you as well. "Goodnight Y/N." he said.

You smiled up at him through the open window. "Goodnight Mikey."

He leaned in and kissed your cheek gently before pulling away, his cheeks pink. "I'll see you soon."

You felt butterflies when his lips touched your skin, and you smiled. "I'll see you. Bye." You smiled, waving to him as you pulled away.

While you weren't exactly the party girl, you were definitely glad that you decided to come to this party.