Time Management - Jamie Benn (Requested)

Jamie had just come home after a game earlier, and then a night out with some of the guys. You were sitting on the couch watching TV, not saying a word to him. You were a bit irritated at the fact that you were off for winter break, yet had barely seen your boyfriend the whole time. Jamie leaned over the couch and kissed your head gently.

"Hey baby. Sorry I didn't come home right after the game, some of the guys wanted to go out for a few beers to relax." He said.

You didn't say anything to him, just nodded. You continued watching your show, not getting up to hug him or give him a proper kiss. You wanted him to get the fact that you were upset with him, and you hoped he would do it soon.

"What did you do all night?" he asked you, sitting next to you on the couch with a water bottle.

You shrugged and continued to watch your show.

After a moment of silence, Jamie spoke up. "Okay, did I do something wrong?" he asked you.

"Nothing that I'm not already used to." You said and leaned back into the couch.

He looked at you confused. "What are you talking about babe?" he asked you.

"Nothing, Jamie just drop it okay? I'm tired." You said and got up, turning the TV off.

You grabbed your blanket and headed upstairs to the bedroom. You shut the door behind you and got pajamas on. After a few minutes, you heard some footsteps up the stairs, and then the door opened. Jamie got some sweats on and came out of the bathroom.

"Are you going to tell me what I did wrong?" he asked.

You sighed and rubbed your forehead. "Jamie, I can't do this." You said.

He looked at you with sad eyes. "Do what? Us? Babe, we're doing just fine." He said sitting by you.

"No, it's not working out. You work and you're busy, I get that, but then you spend all of your free time with the team too. Where do I fit in with all of that?" you finally asked him.

"I see you every day at home, Y/N." he said.

"So? You see them every day too for hours on end, and then spend more time with them. On my whole winter break, how many dates have we had Jamie?" you challenged him.

"We've done dinner a few times." He said.

"Yeah and two of them were with the other teammates. Jamie, I know that you're busy and I don't care about that, I care about the fact that you choose the guys over me all the time. You promised me that if I gave this a chance that you would be able to manage everything." You said.

"I spend time with you babe, I just get caught up and after games we just wanna go out with the guys and chill." He said.

"Well then I won't get in the way of that." You said and got up, grabbing your pillow and blanket. "I'm sleeping on the couch tonight, and I'll stay at my parents for the rest of my break." You said.

Jamie stood up. "Y/N, don't be dramatic." He said.

"Dramatic? Jamie I'm not being dramatic, I'm being real, this is how I feel." You said to him.

"You're telling me you're going to leave me." He said.

"Yeah I am because I'm serious. This isn't working out anymore. I knew it wouldn't work out, but you assured me that you could handle it and you can't." you said.

"Just give me a shot babe." He pleaded.

"I've given you plenty Jamie." You said and went downstairs.

Jamie stayed in the bedroom and laid down staring at the ceiling. You laid on the couch and covered up, staring at the black TV. You let your tears flow, since you figured Jamie wasn't coming down. You let yourself cry for a few minutes, and didn't hear Jamie come down. You saw him walk over and kneel in front of the couch in front of you.

You wiped your eyes fast. "What?" you said.

He wiped your cheeks gently and kissed your hand. "I'm so sorry baby. I've been horrible and you deserve so much better." He said softly.

You sniffled and held his hand. "I just want you, Jamie."

He nodded and kissed your knuckles. "I want you too, Y/N. Let me make it up to you, please. I'm off this weekend, and I already text everyone that I was busy, so it's just you and me."

You kissed his hand and nodded. "We can start there." You said.

He smiled softly and kissed you gently. "Let's get to bed." He said.

You kissed back and nodded.

Jamie carried you up to bed and the two of you fell asleep in each other's arms. That weekend you spent the entire time alone with Jamie, just what you needed.