Unexpected Meeting - Andre Burakovsky (Requested)

Your eight year old nephew Nicky held your hand and dragged you towards the hockey section of your local sporting goods store. You had promised him that you would take him shopping for some hockey gear for his birthday. He was starting in a kid's league at the township, so you told him you would buy him some new gear. When you got to the aisle, Nicky let go of your hand and immediately started checking out the sticks and the gloves.

"Okay buddy why don't we find someone to help us get the best stuff." You said to him, not know the difference between the sticks and gloves.

"How about him?" Nicky asked and ran over to a brunette man who looked like he was in his twenties.

"Nicky wait!" you said.

Nicky ran up to the man and tugged on his hoodie. "Excuse me sir. Do you work here? I need help with hockey gear."

The man looked down at him and smiled politely. "Well I don't work here, but I definitely know a thing or two about hockey." He said.

You caught up to Nicky and sighed softly. "I'm so sorry, he normally practices stranger danger." You said and looked up at the man and recognized him as Andre Burakovsky.

"It's not a problem. My name's Andre." He said and held his hand out.

You shook his hand gently. "I know." You said and then blushed. "I'm sorry, I meant that I recognize you." you said.

Andre smiled and nodded, shaking your hand. "It's nice to meet you." he said.

"Y/N. I'm Y/N and this is my nephew Nicky." You said.

Andre shook Nicky's hand and smiled. "Well now I'm not a stranger right?" he asked.

Nicky smiled and nodded. "Can you help me pick out some gear?" he asked.

"Sure, bud." He said sweetly and helped Nicky pick out some gloves, a couple sticks, a helmet, and padding.

You watched him and smiled, thinking he was the sweetest athlete you've ever met. "Andre, thank you so much for this."

He stood up and smiled. "No problem at all. Listen, I don't really have much to do, so why don't I take you and Nicky out to lunch?" he suggested.

Nicky carried his new items to the counter to pay.

You followed Nicky, letting Andre follow. "I would like that a lot. I'm sure Nicky won't mind either, you guys can bond over hockey." You teased and got your wallet out.

Andre put his hand on yours gently and smiled. "I got it." He said.

You opened your mouth to protest him paying and he simply winked at you, paying for everything.

You got Nicky into the car and followed Andre's car to a local diner to eat. You all went inside, and Nicky slid into the booth and smiled innocently up at you, making you sit next to Andre. You all ate together and talked about hockey and other things as well. Andre picked up the tab and walked you and Nicky out to your car. He said bye to Nicky and shut the door, turning to you and smiling.

"Thank you so much for everything, Andre. Nicky definitely appreciates it and I can't thank you enough." You said to him.

"Well there's one way that you could thank me." Andre said smiling.

"Name it." You said quickly.

"How about dinner and a movie? I can pick you up around five tomorrow night?" he asked.

You smiled and heard Nicky yelling at you to say yes which made your cheeks blush. "I would love to." You said.

Andre put his number into your phone, and let you put yours into his phone. "I'll call you tonight." He said smiling.

"Great. Thank you again." You said.

Andre placed a gentle kiss on your cheek and smiled. "See you tomorrow." He winked.

You got in the car and drove off, smiling. Nicky kept making kiss noises in the backseat, and making up songs about how you and Andre were going to get married. You only expected to spend the day with Nicky, but you were definitely okay with the surprise lunch date with Andre Burakovsky.