Pool Party - Andrew Shaw (Requested)

Your family and the Quenneville family have been friends since you were born. Joel was practically like a brother to your dad and an uncle to you. When Joel moved to Chicago to coach the Blackhawks, it bummed your dad out. He ended up getting a job in the city of Chicago, which meant moving the family to the windy city. You had been living in Illinois for seven years, and you loved every part of it. One of the many advantages of knowing Joel was that you got to go to Hawks games and sometimes hangout with the team. You had become very close with the players and they were like a second family to you.

This weekend was Joel's annual end-of-season pool party, and you and your parents were invited. You were a little nervous because you knew that you were going to be surrounded by handsome hockey players, including one who had a special hold on you; Andrew Shaw. When you first met Andrew, the two of you would bicker back and forth like an old married couple. As you got to know each other, you realized how great he really was. Your bickering got progressively flirtier, and pretty much everyone knew that you liked one another.

As you got ready for the party, you could feel butterflies in your stomach, just like any other time you got to see Andrew. You put on your red two piece and got denim shorts on over the bottoms, and a black tank top over the top. You put your hair in two French braids and slid on your white sandals. You rode to Joel's house with your parents and walked up to the door with them. Joel opened the door and let you all in, chatting with your dad. Your mom headed into the kitchen to talk to Joel's wife, leaving you in the living room. Most of the players were already there, so you walked over to Teuvo Teravainen.

"Hey turbo." You smiled.

"Hey, how are you?" he asked and hugged you.

You returned the hug and smiled. "I'm good. How are you?"

"I'm fine." He smiled. "Your boyfriend is downstairs playing Mario with Tazer and Kane." He said, winking.

You smiled and shook your head. "He's not my boyfriend." You said, heading downstairs.

"Not yet." He called after you.

You walked downstairs and saw Jonathan, Andrew and Patrick sitting on the couch, controllers in hand. There was some smack talk going on between everyone, so you waited until the level was over. When it finished, Jonathan claimed victory and threw his hand up.

"That's how it's done!" he smiled.

"Oh shut up, we let you win." Patrick joked. He looked over and saw you standing there. "Hey, Y/N." he smiled.

Andrew whipped his head around and smiled up at you. "Y/N! It's about time you got here." He joked and got up to hug you.

You hugged back and smiled. "I know, it's like you haven't seen me in weeks." You teased.

"It feels like it." He pouted.

"It's been two days." Patrick chimed in. "Are you going another round?" he asked.

Andrew shook his head. "Nah, I'll catch a game later." He said and looked at you. "Want a drink? Hjalmarsson made some really great strawberry lemonade chillers." He said.

You smiled and nodded. "That sounds delicious." You said.

"Come on." He smiled and took your hand, leading you back upstairs.

He got you a glass and got himself one, then walked with you into the dining room. He pulled out a chair for you and then sat in the chair next to you.

"Cheers." He smiled and clinked his glass with yours.

"Cheers." You smiled and took a sip. "Wow this is amazing." You said.

"Isn't it?" he smiled and took a sip of his. "So did you bring your suit?" he asked.

You nodded. "I'm not turning down a chance to swim in a pool like that." You joked.

"I was waiting for you to get here before I swam." He said, finishing his drink.

"Well I'm here now." You smiled and nudged his arm gently.

"You are. Let's go swimming, right now." He smirked.

"Okay let's go." You smiled.

You both put your cups away and headed out to the backyard by the pool. The only people swimming were Brent and his family, so there was plenty of room. Andrew pulled his shirt over his head and tossed it onto a pool chair. You tried your hardest not to stare, but it was near impossible. You slid your shorts down and got the tank top off, putting them on the chair next to Andrew's. Before the clothes even hit the chair, Andrew grabbed your waist, pulling you into the water with him. You didn't even have time to scream, and when you both surfaced, you splashed him, laughing.

"Hey, not cool." He smiled, pushing his hair back.

"Oh and dragging me into the pool was?" you joked.

"It was very cool." He smiled.

You shook your head smirking. "If you say so." You said.

The two of you swam around and goofed off for quite a while. It started to get dark out, so everyone headed inside; everyone except you and Andrew, who were sitting on the side of the pool. It was quiet outside since the party moved inside, and you couldn't help but feel relaxed. The rare silence was interrupted by Andrew.

"Would you ever date a friend?" he asked, looking at the water.

You looked at him and smiled softly. "Yeah." You said.

He looked over at you and smiled. "You would?"

"Yeah." You smiled.

"Would you ever date a friend who plays hockey?" he asked, smirking.

You smiled and nudged his arm gently. "Just ask me out, Shawzy." You teased.

He smiled and his cheeks turned pink. "Alright." He said and got into the water, standing in front of you with his hands on your hips. "Y/N, will you go out with me? Not just once, but many times?" he smiled.

You giggled and nodded, moving your legs to his sides so he could get closer to you. "Yes." You said.

Andrew smiled and wrapped his arms around your waist, standing between your legs. "Fuck yeah." He said.

You laughed and shook your head. "So classy, Shaw." You joked.

He smiled and rubbed your cheek. "Would you change a thing?" he asked.

"Not one." You smiled. "Well maybe one thing."

His smile dropped. "What?"

"How long it's taking you to kiss me." You smirked.

His smile returned and he shook his head. He leaned into you and kissed you gently.

You wrapped your arms around his neck and returned the kiss which was gentle, but so full of love and passion.

When he pulled away, he rested his forehead against yours and smiled. "Better?"

"Better." You smiled.

The two of you grabbed some towels and dried off before you got your clothes back on. When you went inside, Andrew couldn't wipe the smile off of his face, and you couldn't either. The two of you were official now, and you couldn't imagine a better day. You spent the rest of the night attached at the hip, and almost everyone made comments about how it was about time for the two of you to start dating. Maybe this was why you had butterflies.