Baby Meets the Team - Brandon Saad (Requested)

You had just gotten off the phone with your fiancé Brandon. He was just starting practice at the arena with the rest of his hockey team. You hadn't been to a practice or a game since before your daughter Emma Lynn was born eight weeks ago. You used to go to at least two practices a week, and tried to make it to every game. You had been dating Brandon Saad of the Chicago Blackhawks for two years, and he proposed to you the day before you found out you were pregnant. Brandon went into father mode the minute you told him that he was going to be a dad. From the minute she was born, Brandon wanted to show Emma off to the world. He showed pictures all the time to the team, and talked about her nonstop. Today you decided to surprise Brandon at practice with Emma, letting the team meet your pride and joy.

You got Emma into her carrier and got her wrapped up and warm, then headed to the car. You picked up Brandon's favorite drink from Starbucks and drove to the arena. You walked inside with the carrier, and fed Emma before you brought her to the ice. You heard the coach's whistle and knew it was almost time for them to be done. You got Emma's coat off and put her little Blackhawks hat on before the team came into the locker room where you were waiting.

You heard the door open and saw Coach Q walk in before the team. His eyes darted to Emma and a rare smile came across his face. He walked over to you and sat next to you, meeting the baby. He let you know that the team was finishing a few laps around the ice and then they would be inside. After a few minutes with Emma and you, Coach Q went out and made sure to have Brandon come in last so he was extra surprised.

The first person into the locker room was Corey Crawford who was in all of his goalie gear. He got his helmet off and saw you holding Emma. He smiled big and got his pads off before he headed over to you.

"This must be baby Saad." He said softly, not wanting to startle her.

"Yes this is Emma. She's fed and napped so she should be ready to meet everyone." You said, smiling.

Corey waved to Emma with his first two fingers and smiled. "Hi Emma, I'm Crow." He smiled. "If you want to, you can wait in the workout room for everyone to get changed. That way we might not scare her as much." He suggested. "I'll keep everyone in here."

You nodded and carried Emma and her diaper bag out the door and waited in the weight room next door.

After you gave everyone enough time to get their padding and jerseys off, you came over to the door and waved to Corey. He stood up and smiled, opening the door to let you two in. You walked in holding Emma and all of the players immediately smiled, looking over at Brandon's baby. When Brandon heard Emma cooing, he immediately looked over, a big bright smile coming across his face. He rushed over to you and Emma, and kissed her head gently before giving you a quick peck.

"What are you doing here? I didn't know you guys were coming out here." He said.

You smiled, rocking Emma gently. "Well I know you wanted Emma to meet the guys, and I figured it was a good day to do so. Plus we wanted to surprise daddy."

Brandon smiled and took Emma carefully, cradling her against his chest. "Well daddy is very surprised. Ready to meet the team, Em?"

You smiled and put your hands on your hips, watching Brandon bring your daughter over to the team's captain, Jonathan Toews. He was sweet with her, and held her gently, making sure that she was secure.

Jonathan took Emma around to meet everyone, and let some of the players have turns holding her, making sure they were careful with the "baby Blackhawk" as he called her. Emma made her rounds, and ended up in the arms of Andrew Shaw who was making funny faces at her to make her giggle. He walked her back over to you and smiled.

"She's definitely got Brandon's smile." He said sweetly. He handed her to you gently and waved at her. "Thanks for coming to visit us, Emma." He said in his best baby voice.

You smiled at him and held her hand, making her wave to everyone. "She's gonna be a big cheerleader for daddy and his team right?" you asked, looking down at her.

Brandon smiled and came over, glowing with pride. "She will. We'll get her a jersey when she's big enough and she'll sit right behind the bench." He said.

You smiled and kissed his cheek gently. "Why don't you go get changed and we can go get some lunch?" you suggested.

Brandon nodded and kissed Emma's head gently. "I'll see you girls in a few minutes okay?"

You walked out with Emma, and let Coach Q hold her and have some time with her. She couldn't help but grab at his gray and white mustache. After a few minutes, Brandon came jogging over to you with his bag. He smiled, seeing Coach Q moving his mouth to make Emma giggle.

"Hey baby and baby." He smiled and kissed you. "Ready to go?" he asked.

You nodded and got Emma bundled up and into her carrier. "It was good to see you again, Mr. Quenneville." You said to him.

Brandon carried the carrier to the car and got Emma buckled in. He hopped into the driver's seat and drove you both to your favorite café for lunch, and then took you home. The whole time he kept talking about how glad he was that the team was able to meet his baby girl. You were happy to see Brandon beaming and smiling bright. You fell in love with Brandon the goofball, but you definitely kept falling for Brandon the doting father.