Fleury Furniture - Haydn Fleury (Requested)

The boxes were all unpacked, everything was moved in, and everything was just about perfect in your new apartment that you shared with your boyfriend Haydn. Okay, there were a few minor things still amiss, like the table and the couch weren't put together. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but the two of you were hosting the Team Canada reunion party at your apartment the next day. Haydn stood in your living room staring at the two large boxes. You both decided to get a futon for the living room because you had guests on most weekends. The mattress for the futon was currently lying on the floor where the couch was supposed to be, and the box for the frame was behind it leaning against the wall. The box containing the parts for your kitchen table was lying on the kitchen floor where the table would eventually be. You walked over and smiled seeing Haydn staring the boxes down.

"Are you trying to intimidate the boxes?" you asked him, smiling.

He looked at you and nodded. "I keep hoping that maybe they'll just put themselves together." He said.

You smiled and kissed him gently. "Well I'll order us some dinner while you keep hoping." You teased.

"Yeah, yeah." He joked.

You called the local pizza place and told them you would pick up the food. Haydn got the tools he needed and got the couch frame's box open. You got Haydn's jacket on and kissed him goodbye before leaving to go and pick up the food. When you got back, you couldn't help but smile. Haydn was sitting in the middle of the room arguing with the frame of the couch. You smirked and set the food down on the coffee table.

"Babe?" you said.

He looked up and sighed, looking like he just got told that his dog ran away. "This isn't working at all." He said.

You smiled and got the jacket off. "Why don't we take a break to eat, and then you can figure out the frame?"

"Where are we supposed to eat, the table is in pieces?" Haydn responded.

You smiled and tipped the mattress onto the floor. "We'll just eat on a gigantic pillow." You said. "Come on, I got your favorite." You said.

Haydn got some plates and two pops from the fridge. He sat across from you on the futon mattress and ate with you.

You ate your pizza and talked with him, trying to keep his mind off of things.

After the two of you were done with dinner, you cleaned up and Haydn got back to putting the couch together. You helped him where you could and the futon was finally finished around midnight. Haydn stood up and smiled, putting his arms up.

"It's finished!" he said smiling. "Let's test it out." He said.

You smiled and sat with him on the futon. "This is really comfortable. You did good, babe." You winked.

He put his arm around you and smiled, kissing your head. "It's even more comfortable with you here."

"Such a charming guy." You teased.

The two of you sat cuddled on the couch for a little while before Haydn spoke up. "I still have to do the table." He said.

You kissed his cheek gently. "Why don't we just get up a little early tomorrow and do it then?"

He looked down at you and smiled, kissing you gently. "You're the best, you know that?" he asked.

You smiled and nodded. "I know." You winked.

The two of you cleaned up the boxes and plastic from the frame, and you both headed down the hall to your bedroom. You both got pajamas on and fell asleep almost immediately after your heads hit the pillows.

The next day, you woke up and snuggled up to Haydn's chest. He slept for a few more minutes before waking up and rubbing your back gently. You listened to his heartbeat while the two of you just laid in bed, holding each other. After a little while, Haydn spoke.

"Good morning." He smiled.

You smiled and kissed his chest gently. "Morning." You said. "How did you sleep?" you asked him.

"I slept like a baby." He said and smiled down at you. "What time is it?" he asked.

You looked over at your phone and bit your bottom lip. "Eleven." You said.

Haydn shot up like he just got hit with ice cubes. "What? I need to get that table together we're nowhere near ready. I still need to get decorations ready." He said, starting to talk fast.

"Babe, take a breath. I'll go get some decorations, you set up the table and we'll be set. People aren't going to be here until three, that's plenty of time."

He looked at you and took a breath, nodding. "You're right. Sorry I just want things to be ready." He said.

"I know, and they will be. I'll see you later okay?" you kissed him and got up to get dressed.

Haydn got dressed and started to put the table together. You got dressed and headed to the store to get some small decorations. You were gone about an hour and when you got home, you carried all the bags inside.

"Babe? I'm home." You said.

Haydn came out of the kitchen and smiled. "Hey let me carry those." He said, walking over and took the bags from your hands. "You know where I'm going to set them?" he asked.

You smiled before answering. "Where?"

"On our brand new kitchen table." He said and set the bags down. "Look at that. It's all together and perfect." He smiled.

You smiled and rubbed his back. "I'm proud of you." you said.

He looked down at you and smiled. "Thank you baby." He said and kissed you gently. "Let's decorate." He said.

The two of you started decorating and setting out the food for everyone. People started showing up around three and you and Haydn greeted everyone. You gave everyone the tour of the apartment while Haydn caught up with everyone. The party was going great, and you noticed Haydn in the kitchen, leaning against the counter. He had a glass of pop in his hand and was smiling at the table of food.

"Admiring your handy work?" you teased, wrapping your arms around his waist.

Haydn wrapped his arm around your shoulders and smiled. "Guilty." He said.

"Well you deserve it. You did a great job babe." You said sincerely.

"Thank you." he smiled down at you. "I love you." he said.

You leaned up and kissed him gently. "I love you too."

The two of you enjoyed the rest of the party in your new apartment. That night, the two of you decided to sleep on the futon to make sure it was put together okay, or at least that's the reason Haydn gave.