Green Eyed Schmidt - Nate Schmidt (Requested)

Ever since you started dating Nate a year ago, the two of you always designated Friday nights as date nights. Sometimes there were games on Fridays, so you would always make up the next day. This Friday was no exception, and since there were no games all weekend, the two of you decided to have Friday date night as usual. You both decided to go to a local bar and grill for dinner and some dancing. You got on a cute black dress and some navy blue heels. You curled your hair and came downstairs seeing Nate already in his dark jeans and white button-up shirt. He smiled up at you and held his arms out.

"You look absolutely stunning." He said.

You smiled and walked over to him, holding his waist. "You don't think it's too much?" you asked him.

"Not at all." He said and kissed you gently. "You're probably going to want to get a jacket; it's supposed to be a little chilly tonight."

"Okay babe." You smiled.

You both grabbed your coats and headed to the car. Nate drove you both to the bar and held your waist as you walked in. You both got a seat at a high table and sat down to order. The two of you talked while you ate and laughed a lot like you always did. Nate had a knack for being able to make you laugh, even if you didn't want to. The two of you talked and had a nice time eating. When you were waiting for the bill to come, Nate put his arm around your shoulders.

"What's up, stud?" you asked, smiling.

He smiled and kissed your forehead gently. "I love you." he said.

You smiled back at him and nodded. "I love you too."

"How much?" he asked, winking.

"So much that it hurts. You hurt me, Nate." You joked.

He laughed and shook his head. "Sure I do." He teased back. The tab came and Nate paid for both of you. "Should we grab a drink and dance our way around?" he asked.

You smiled and nodded.

The two of you each got a glass of your favorite drinks and wandered the dance floor. It was hard to dance and drink at the same time, but somehow, you guys managed. After a little while of dancing and hanging out, the two of you walked to the bar to get refills.

"Can you wait here for the drinks while I go use the restroom?" Nate asked.

"Sure." You smiled.

You sat on the barstool and waited for your drinks to come out while Nate maneuvered through the crowds towards the bathrooms. As you waited for the drinks to come out, you noticed a young man watching you out of the corner of your eye. You looked over and smiled at him, trying to be polite. When your drinks came out, you thanked the bartender and heard a voice next to you.

"Two drinks for one girl?" he asked teasing.

You looked over to see the guy who was watching you. You smiled and shook your head. "No, one's for my boyfriend." You said. "He just ran to the bathroom."

He nodded and smiled. "Well it's a shame you're taken. I would have swept you off your feet." He said. "I'm Rob." He said, holding out his hand.

"I'm Y/N." you said and shook his hand. "Are you here by yourself?" you asked him, trying to make conversation.

"I was with a few friends, but they all drank a little too much so they left." He smiled.

"I'm sorry about that." You said. You noticed he was a bit closer to you than you would have liked. Just as you were about to say something, you felt a hand on your back.

"Hey baby, sorry the line was long. Are our drinks ready?" Nate asked, putting his arm around you.

Rob looked up at him and smirked. "This must be your boyfriend." He said.

You nodded and stood up, handing Nate his drink. "Let's go dance." You said.

Nate held you and nodded. "Why don't you go hit on someone else, bud." He said to Rob.

Rob made a face and held a business card out to you. "Call me sometime if things get stale." He smirked.

Nate grabbed the card, ripped it up and put it in Rob's drink. "You're a real piece of work."

You put a hand on Nate's chest. "Babe, let's go okay? Please?" you said softly.

Nate put his arm around you and walked out with you, leaving the drinks on the bar. The two of you walked to your car and Nate didn't say a word. When you got to the car, you touched his arm.

"Babe?" you said softly.

"That guy was a total asshole, he had no right to talk to you like that and he certainly didn't have the right to try and get you to pick him over me, while I was standing there." Nate hissed.

"Hey..." you said softly and held his face in your hands. "I'm with you. I wouldn't even consider leaving you, especially with that guy. You can trust me babe."

He looked at you and nodded. "I'm sorry, I just don't like seeing other guys hitting on my girl." He said.

You smiled and kissed him gently. "I don't either." You said. "You know, you're pretty cute when you're pretty cute when you're jealous though." You teased.

Nate smiled and shook his head. "Let's get home." He said and rubbed your back. "I love you, Y/N."

"I love you too." You smiled.

The two of you got in the car and drove home. Nate held your hand in his lap the entire drive, and you rubbed the back of his hand with your thumb gently. It was nice for him to get jealous over you, but you wanted him to know that you were his and you weren't going anywhere. You figured that deep down, he knew that, but you still wanted him to know. You gave his hand a gently kiss and smiled over at him, silently letting him know that you loved him. He smiled over at you and winked, signaling that he got the message.