Boat Woes - Connor Murphy (Requested)

For the past four months, you have been living with your boyfriend of eight months, Connor Murphy. The two of you met at a sports bar after one of his hockey games and you two kept in touch every day after that. Before Connor, you could have never imagined that your next relationship would move as quickly as it has been, but something about Connor made things okay. He made you feel complete and you made him feel like a total king. He truly was the love of your life, and you wouldn't trade him for anything.

One of your favorite things to do with Connor was to go out on his boat. Since he had this weekend off, the two of you decided to go on the boat. He had been pretty busy with hockey, so you hadn't been on the boat in some time. You were excited to get some sun and to get out on the water again. After breakfast on Saturday morning, you cleaned up and then walked over to Connor who was finishing his coffee.

"I'm going to run to the store quick to grab some sunscreen and a few other things. Do you want anything?" you asked him, rubbing his back gently.

"Um, just the sunscreen unless you think we need bug spray." He said.

"We could get some just in case. Any specific snacks you want or anything?" you asked as you grabbed your purse.

"Maybe some chips or something, I'll make up some sandwiches to take with us." Connor said and cleaned his mug.

"Okay babe. I'll be back in a little while." You smiled and kissed him gently.

"Bye babe."

You headed to the store and got sunscreen, bug spray, snacks, and some other things you thought you might need along the way. You decided to buy a couple of waterproof disposable cameras just for the heck of it. You got everything paid for and grabbed Connor one of his favorite candy bars because you liked doing that kind of stuff. You got the car loaded up and drove home. You got the bags inside so you could sort through everything and get your boat bags packed. As you set the bags on the table, you heard a noise coming from the upstairs bathroom. It sounded like an aerosol can of some sort, so you thought it was some hairspray. Why would Connor be using hairspray if you were just going out onto the boat?

You decided just to shrug it off and get the sandwiches made since Connor hadn't done so yet. You made turkey sandwiches and put them in Ziploc baggies so they could go in the cooler. After that, you put some chip bags into the food bags for the boat and got the cameras into your other bag. Since you hadn't heard from Connor, you figured you would go check on him. You still heard the spray noises followed by some muttered profanities. You headed upstairs and looked around.

"Connor?" you asked.

"I'll be out in a minute babe." He said from the bathroom that was connected to your bedroom.

You walked in since the door was open and weren't quite sure how to process what you were looking at.

Connor looked over at you and his cheeks were bright red. "Babe..." he said. He had a can of spray tan in one hand, and a crumpled rag in the other. There were streaks of darker skin all over his chest and stomach.

"What in the world are you doing?" you asked him, smiling softly.

He bit his bottom lip. "Promise not to laugh?" he asked.

"I swear." You said, holding up your right hand, and then putting both of your hands on your hips.

"Okay." He said and took a deep breath. "Yesterday when I got out of the shower, I noticed how pale I looked. Last night I ran to the store and saw this stuff and figured it would be useful. I didn't want you to be embarrassed by my fish belly color." He said.

You smiled and walked over to him, taking the rag and can out of his hands, setting them on the counter. "Connor, I would never and will never be embarrassed by you. I'm probably just as pale, but we'll be out on the boat and we'll get some color." You smiled and touched his cheek gently. "I love you just the way you are, Connor and I'm not bothered by tans or lack of tans."

Connor smiled softly and kissed you gently. "I love you, Y/N. I'm sorry about this I just got worried. Some of the other guys are bronzed and tan and then there's me."

"You are fine, babe." You smiled. "Now get this stuff washed off so we can go on the boat, okay?"

Connor nodded and kissed you gently. "Thank you for not laughing." He said.

"I'd never laugh at you." you smiled.

"You laughed when I crashed into Shane at the family skate." He pointed out, smirking.

You smiled and giggled remembering the fall. "It was funny though."

Connor smiled and nodded. "I'll let you pass because you're cute."

You smiled and nodded, walking into the bedroom.

The two of you got your swimsuits on and got the bags into the car. You both spent almost all day on the boat and you guys had a blast. You spent a lot of the time making sure that Connor knew that he was perfect for you, and he did the same for you. It was an amazing day out on the water with your love.