Sidelined - Connor McDavid (Requested)

The game had barely gotten started and one of the opposing teammates had plowed into your boyfriend Connor. He went down pretty quickly, and was holding onto his ankle, wincing with a pained expression on his face. You watched nervously as some of Connor's teammates helped him off of the ice. They took him to get looked at and after a few moments, the announcers let the audience know that Connor had gotten a pretty bad sprain and would be out for the rest of the game.

You got up out of your seat and headed to the locker room. You saw one of the trainers come out and meet you halfway. "Connor is asking for you." he said.

"Okay thank you." you said and walked down the hallway.

Connor was sitting on a gurney getting his ankle wrapped. He had a smile on his face when he saw you walking in. You walked over to him and kissed his head gently. He wrapped his arm around your waist and kissed your chin.

"They said I can't play the rest of the game, but I can go sit on the bench. Will you sit with me?" he asked you, giving his best puppy dog eyes.

You smiled and kissed him gently. "Are you sure you're okay? We should take you to the hospital babe."

"No it's okay we can go later." He assured you.

You weren't in the mood to try and fight with him so you nodded and helped him to the bench. The medics they had on hand brought him a crutch to help him get to the bench. You held his waist and helped him sit down at the end of the bench, and then sat next to him. The cameras pointed right at him and the announcers commended him for staying to cheer on his team. Connor waved to the cameras and the fans and then held your hand gently.

"You scared the hell out of me out there, McDavid." You said to him.

"I'm sorry babe. I really am okay, just a little sore." He said and kissed your hand.

You nodded and laced your hands together, resting them in your lap.

The two of you watched the game and you couldn't help but smile as Connor squirmed in his seat, wanting so badly to be a part of the game. If he could skate on just one leg, he would.

During the break between the second and third period, you got some food for Connor. "Here you go babe, one burger and some fries with a large red slurpee."

Connor took the tray of food from you and smiled. "You are the best, you know that?" he said.

"I know." You joked and kissed his head gently.

The two of you ate and when you were done, you threw the garbage out from both of your meals. The third period was intense, but Connor's team ended up taking the win. Connor started to stand up to cheer, but you reached over and grabbed his knee gently.

"Babe, ankle." You reminded him.

He sighed and leaned his head back. "I want to cheer them on." He whined.

You stood up and helped him stand so he could give his teammates a proper congratulating.

You kissed his cheek and helped him back to the locker room to change.

When he was done, you helped him walk to the car and got him in and buckled. Against your wishes, the two of you headed home instead of going to the E.R. As you helped Connor into bed, he pulled you into a gentle but loving kiss.

"Thank you for being there for me, Y/N." he said sweetly.

"Anything for you babe." You winked smiling.