Apartment Hunting - Jake Virtanen (Requested)

It had been a month since you made the big move to Vancouver to be with your boyfriend Jake Virtanen. The two of you had been staying in his parents' lake house until you found a place of your own. You had been watching movies one day, and Jake suddenly nudged your arm.

"What's up, love?" you asked him.

"Well I was thinking about us and our living situation." He started.

"Okay and what about our living situation?" you asked turning on the couch to face him.

"Well I know that it's not the ideal thing, but maybe you and I could finally go apartment hunting. I'd much rather have a nice house for us, but we can't stay here when my parents come up for the spring. Plus there are some nice apartments that are pretty close to the arena." He said.

You smiled and kissed his cheek gently. "Jake, any place where I'm living with you is the ideal thing. Let's start hunting tomorrow, and we'll see what we can find." You said and smiled.

"Sounds like the perfect day." He said and kissed you gently.

You finished watching your movies, and spending most of the day just relaxing.

The next morning, Jake took you to breakfast at your favorite local spot, and then drove towards the Canucks home arena to look for apartments for rent nearby. You had looked at a few that were alright, but none of them really stood out to you. After a few hours of searching, you both decided to get some lunch. As you were eating, you looked at an apartment hunting app on your phone.

"So maybe in the next couple weeks some more apartments will open up." Jake said, taking a bite of his sandwich.

"Most people don't want to move in the winter months." You said to him. You found an opening and smiled. "Babe look at this one." You said and turned your phone towards him.

He looked at the listing and smiled. "This sounds perfect. Where's it at?" he asked.

"It's only five minutes from the ice. They've got a pool, a fitness center, and an indoor skating rink." You said, knowing that the last amenity would catch his eye.

He raised an eyebrow at you and smiled. "Well let's head over there." He said.

As you drove over, Jake called the apartment's management office to set up an appointment. You got there and parked in the guest lot, then walked up to the office to meet the landlord. The man walked you to the buildings which looked closer to a hotel than an apartment building. He took you to the elevators and to the fourth floor. He took you down to the end of the hall to apartment 400. The minute the landlord let you and Jake in, you both fell in love with the place. It was a large apartment with plenty of natural lighting from the large windows. The bedroom was huge and included its own bathroom with a Jacuzzi bath. The landlord gave you two a general tour, and then let you both explore on your own while he took a phone call in the hallway.

"Jake, this place is amazing." You said to him. "Look the balcony looks out onto the city." You noted.

Jake looked around and held your hand. He walked behind you and held your waist close, resting his chin on your shoulder. "This would be the perfect spot to watch the stars at night. We could come out here with a blanket and some wine." He said smiling.

You smiled and kissed his cheek gently. "The bedroom is bigger than ours at your parents'." You said.

Jake nodded and walked around the apartment with you, still holding you hand. "The kitchen is the perfect place to host parties in. There's two bathrooms so we'll have room for all of our hair care products." He winked, joking.

You laughed softly and nodded, kissing his cheek. "I love this place. It's perfect for us." You noted.

Jake nodded and wrapped his arm around your shoulders. "There's also enough room for maybe one more person." He said.

You furrowed your brow and looked up at him. "One more person?" you asked him.

He smiled and bit his bottom lip. "Well maybe if we decide to have a little Virtanen running around..." he started.

You looked up at him and smiled. "You want a family with me?" you asked him.

"Of course baby. I wouldn't want one with anyone else." He said and pushed your hair back gently.

You smiled more and kissed him, rubbing his cheek gently. "I love you, Jake."

"I love you too, Y/N." he said and kissed you again.

The landlord came back in, and Jake told him that you were both interested in the place. After a background check on the both of you and an hour of paperwork, the apartment was yours. You both went back to the lake house to pack. You were finally getting a place for you and your boyfriend, and maybe someday, your little boy or girl.