Good News - Pekka Rinne (Requested)

You stared down at the test and the plus sign that appeared in blue. You took a deep breath and took another test. After a bit, your phone timer went off and you looked at the second test. Another plus sign showed up, and you felt butterflies in your stomach. You were pregnant, and you had yet to tell your boyfriend, Pekka Rinne, that you were even suspicious. You threw the tests out and the evidence of the tests, and lay on the bed you shared. How were you going to tell him? Was he going to be upset with you? Was he even ready for a child right now?

Your questions were interrupted when you heard the front door close. You heard a light thud as Pekka dropped his gear bag on the floor, and heard him kick off his shoes.

"Babe? Are you home?" he asked, calling up the stairs.

Your stomach dropped as you heard his voice. "I'm upstairs." You said, sitting up and pushing your hair back.

After a moment, Pekka appeared in the doorway, smiling down at you. "There's my girl." He winked, walking over to you.

You smiled and stood up, hugging him tight. "I missed you." you said into his chest.

His arms wrapped around you and he kissed the top of your head. "Missed you too, Y/N. What have you been up to today?" he asked rubbing your back gently.

"I was just hanging around, taking it easy." You answered him. "Hey, why don't you go out with the guys tonight? You haven't done that in forever. I've got some errands to run anyway, so you'd probably be pretty bored." You said, formulating a plan in your head.

Pekka gave you a confused look. "Alright." He said and looked at you for a minute. "Are you sure you're okay?" he asked you, rubbing your cheek gently.

You gave him a smile and nodded. "I'm fine, babe. I just have some things to pick up. You deserve a night out on the town." You gave him a quick peck on the lips and got a jacket on. "I'll see you later okay?" you said and kissed him again, heading downstairs to get your keys.

Pekka followed you downstairs and kissed you lovingly. "I love you. Be careful." He said, pushing your hair behind your ear.

"I love you too babe." You said and got your keys, going outside.

You drove downtown to the hospital to see if you could get an emergency appointment. You walked into the waiting room and talked to the receptionist. They informed you that if you wanted a walk-in, you would have to wait and see if someone cancelled. You sat in the waiting room for an hour before the doctor could squeeze you in. You had him perform another pregnancy test just to be sure, and got the news; you were officially pregnant. You got some paperwork from him, some pamphlets, and a few cards for doctors, and you drove home. You spent the rest of the evening figuring out how to tell Pekka that he was going to be a father. You decided to just come out and say it. You didn't want to wait any longer, and you had no clever ideas coming to mind. You decided on just telling him. Now you had to wait for him to come home.

Pekka came home around nine, which was earlier than you thought. You were sitting on the couch watching some comedies to try and keep your mind busy. When he walked through the door, you got up and hugged him tight.

"Hey...what's this for? I wasn't gone that long was I?" he asked.

"No, I just missed you." you said, kissing him gently.

"I missed you too, love. Come talk to me, what's going on?" he asked and walked to the couch.

You sat next to him on the couch and stared at your hands. "Pekka, you know that I love you and I understand that hockey will always come first for you." you blurted out.

He looked at you and touched your hand gently. "Y/N, hockey is very important to me, but you are always my top priority. Is that what this is about?" he asked, concerned that he wasn't spending enough time with you.

"No, no that's not it at all." You assured him and held his hand, intertwining your fingers with his. "Pekka, I've got some news to tell you and I don't want you to freak out on me." You said softly.

"Why would I freak out on you? Are you breaking up with me?" he asked, his eyes filled with concern.

"Babe, no never." You said and turned on the couch to face him. You held his hands in yours and took a deep breath. "Pekka, I'm pregnant." You finally said.

He held your hands, staring at you as the words fell out of your mouth. "Pregnant?" he asked.

You nodded and rubbed his hands with your thumbs. "You're gonna be a daddy." You said softly.

After a moment of silence, a wide grin spread across his face. "I'm going to be a dad?" he asked. "You're really pregnant?" he asked, his smile getting bigger.

"I really am." You said and smiled, seeing that he wasn't totally freaking out.

"This is great!" he said, wrapping his arms around your waist, pulling you into a tight hug. "We're going to have a baby." He said softly, almost as if he was thinking out loud.

"We are." You said, kissing his cheek. "I'm so glad you're not mad."

Pekka pulled back to look at you. "Why would I be mad at you? This is the best news I've heard since you said that you loved me back." He smiled. "I'm so thrilled."

You smiled, feeling tears welling up your eyes. "I'm so glad to hear that. I love you so much, Pekka."

His thumbs wiped your tears away and he kissed you gently. "I love you too, Y/N. I love you and our little baby." He smiled.

"We love you too." You smiled and hugged him tight.

Overall, telling Pekka that you were expecting your first child went far better than you expected. Your family was coming together just fine.