Down South - Connor McDavid (Requested)

Connor drove the rental car from the airport to your hotel an hour after you landed. You reached over and held his hand gently as he drove which caused him to smile over at you quickly before watching the road again.

"Are you nervous?" you asked him.

"I'm only nervous about your dad." He said smiling some. "What if hates my guts for not asking permission to ask his daughter out?" he asked.

You smiled and shook your head. "Look, my dad is southern, but he's not that southern. He's going to love you just like I love you. Now my brother on the other hand..." you started.

Connor shot you a panicked glance which made you chuckle.

"I'm kidding." You smiled. "It'll be just fine, I promise you. They're all going to love you."

Connor nodded and took a deep breath.

When you got to the hotel, you both took a nap and then each took a shower before you got dressed. While Connor got dressed, you called your mom to let her know that you were heading over there.

"Hello?" your mom answered.

"Hi mom!" you smiled.

"Hi baby! Please tell me you're already here." She said.

"We landed at nine this morning but we were beat so we took a nap. We're heading over there in about a half an hour or so." You said.

"Oh I'm so glad we finally get to meet your boyfriend. He seems like such a nice young man from all of the stories you tell us." Your mom gushed.

You smiled and nodded. "He's great mom. I'll see you in a little while okay?"

"Okay baby. Love you." she said.

"Love you too."

Connor walked out of the bathroom in khaki shorts and a white polo with his hair done nicely. You smiled up at him and stood up to give him a gentle kiss. He returned the gesture and smiled down at you.

"Was that your mom?" he asked.

"Yes and she is dying to meet you." you smiled. "Let's go."

You took his hand and walked with him to the car. You decided to drive since Connor had no idea where he was going. You drove to your mom's house and told Connor who he was meeting that day, trying to keep him occupied. When you pulled up to the house, you leaned over and gave Connor a kiss on the cheek.

"They're going to love you." you reminded him.

"I hope so." He smiled.

You got out of the car and walked to the door with him. Before you could knock, the door flew open and your mom was standing in the doorway with a big smile on her face.

"There they are!" she said excitedly. "Come give me a hug!" she said and hugged you tightly.

"Hi mom." You smiled and hugged her back.

"Oh I missed you so much, Y/N." she said and kissed your cheek as she pulled away. "This must be Connor." She smiled.

"Yes ma'am, it's a pleasure to meet you." Connor smiled and held his hand out.

"You are so polite, Connor. I'm not a hand-shaker, I'm a hugger." Your mom smiled and pulled Connor in for a hug.

Connor hugged her back and smiled.

"Well come on in, your dad's in the back grilling and your brother and his fiancé should be here any minute." Your mom said, letting you both in.

You smiled and held Connor's hand, walking him inside. "Do you want the tour first or do you want to meet my dad?" you asked him.

"How about he meets your dad?" you heard your dad's voice from the kitchen. He walked over and smiled, having a towel over his shoulder. "There's my princess." He smiled.

You walked over and gave him a hug, smiling. "I missed you dad." You smiled.

"I missed you too sweetheart." He said and rubbed your back, pulling back to look at Connor. "You must be McDavid." He said.

Connor stiffened up a little and nodded. "Yes sir. I'm Connor McDavid." He said and held his hand out.

Your dad shook his hand firmly. "Nice to meet you Connor, I'm Y/D/N." he said. "Now I know you won't hurt or mistreat my little girl." He said sternly.

You bit your lip and looked at Connor.

"No sir, your daughter is the most important person to me." Connor said.

Your dad stared at him for a moment before cracking a smile. "I'm just kidding with the stern dad stuff." He said. "Y/N has told me all about you and you seem like a decent guy." He said.

Connor let out a sigh of relief and smiled up at your dad. "Thank you sir." He said.

"You don't have to call me sir, you can just call me Y/D/N." your dad smiled.

You smiled and held Connor's hand in yours. "How about the tour?" you asked.

"Sure." He smiled.

You showed Connor around the house and showed him your old bedroom which had been left the way you had it. You sat with him on the bed and rubbed his hand gently, sensing that he was still a little nervous.

"Connor?" you asked.

"Yeah?" he said and looked at you.

"Are you okay?" you asked.

He nodded. "Yeah, I am now." He smiled. "I'm just glad your dad likes me." He said.

"I told you he would." You smiled, nudging his arm gently. "They know that you treat me right and they know how happy you make me."

Connor smiled and nodded. "Well you make me happy too." He said. "I love you, Y/N."

You smiled and kissed him gently. "I love you too." You said. You heard the front door open downstairs followed by your brother's voice. "Two more people to meet and then we can eat." You smiled, standing up.

Connor nodded and stood up with you. "Hey." He said softly and held your hands.

"Yeah?" you asked.

"Thank you for keeping me calm and dealing with my nerves." He smiled.

"Hey that's what I'm for." You smiled. "Let's go." You said.

You and Connor walked downstairs and you introduced him to your brother and his fiancé. After that, you all sat down for dinner and talked about where everyone was in life and what they were doing. Everyone was interested in Connor's hockey and you could tell that it calmed him more when he talked about hockey. You looked over at your mom who was looking at your dad and nodding. You smiled to yourself, knowing that this meant they knew Connor was a keeper; just like you told Connor.