Sweden Family Trip - Alexander Wennberg (Requested)

You had been dating Alexander Wennberg for almost a year now, and you had yet to meet his family. It wasn't that you didn't want to meet his family, but it wasn't exactly an easy task. His family still lives in Sweden, and since you're living in the states with Alex, it's hard. Now that the season was over, the opportunity finally came up so that you could meet his family. You'd be lying if you said you weren't nervous about this, but you were also excited. You could tell that Alex was excited too, because he couldn't stop humming while you both finished packing.

Alex hummed away as he packed his last bag. He hadn't noticed that you were watching him until you let a giggle escape your lips. He looked over to you and smiled. "What?" he asked softly.

"Nothing." You smiled. "It's just cute hearing you humming away."

He smiled and nodded. "I'm just happy. I get to go home and see my family, and it's even better this time because I get to bring you." he smiled.

You smiled back and nodded. "Well I'm happy too." You added. "Let's finish packing so we can get dinner before bed."

"Okay, babe." He said and continued packing.

After the two of you ate dinner, you both went to bed, snuggled close together as you slept. The next morning, Alex got a shower and got dressed before making you your favorite coffee. He brought your mug up and set it on the table next to the bed. He woke you up gently and got you your coffee before loading the bags into the cab. After you got a shower and got dressed, you walked to the cab with Alex and headed to the airport. When you both boarded the plane, you held his hand gently and took a deep breath.

"What's wrong?" he asked you softly.

"I'm just nervous." You admitted. "I thought the nerves weren't as bad, but now that we're on the plane they're back." You said.

He kissed the back of your hand gently and smiled softly. "You have absolutely nothing to be worried about, love. They are going to love you to bits and probably crush you with hugs." He smiled.

You smiled and nodded, kissing his cheek gently. "Okay." You said softly. "Thank you."

"That's what boyfriends are for." He smiled. "Now sit back and relax." He said and kissed you.

You kissed him back and snuggled up next to him as the plane took off.

After a long flight, you and Alex finally landed in Sweden. You both got your bags and got into the rental car that Alex had arranged for the two of you. You went to the hotel to change clothes and get freshened up before heading to his family's house for dinner. As you got ready, Alex kept reminding you that you were going to be okay, and kept reassuring you that they would love you. How great of a boyfriend is he?

When the two of you got to his parents' house, you could feel the knots in your stomach starting up again, but they went away when Alex held your waist, kissing your temple. You took a deep breath and walked up to the door with him. The house was gorgeous on the outside, and you couldn't wait to see what was on the inside. After Alex knocked, the door opened almost immediately. His mom was standing there, a wide grin on her face.

"Alexander!" she said excitedly. She gave him a big hug and then smiled over at you. "You must be Y/N! It's so nice to finally meet you." she said and hugged you tightly.

You hugged her back and smiled, feeling very welcome. "It's nice to meet you too, Mrs. Wennberg."

"Come on in, dinner is almost ready. Your father is in the kitchen." she said to Alex in Swedish.

Alex nodded and led you inside. He looked over to you and smiled, translating what his mom had said. When he finished, he saw his dad walking into the room. "Dad!" he smiled.

His dad walked over and gave him a big hug, saying something to him in Swedish, which you assumed was 'I missed you'. "Who is this young lady?" he asked, looking over to you.

"Dad, this is my wonderful girlfriend, Y/N." Alex said proudly.

"It's so nice to meet you, sir." You said and held your hand out.

"We do hugs here." His dad smiled and hugged you, almost tighter than his wife. "Welcome to Sweden, and welcome to our home, Y/N." he smiled down at you.

"Thank you so much." You said, and stood next to Alex.

"Dinner is almost done, make yourself at home." His dad said before disappearing into the kitchen again.

Alex wrapped an arm around your shoulders and smiled down at you. "I told you they would love you." he winked.

"I know you did." You smiled and kissed his cheek.

Dinner went by much better than you hoped, and you found yourself feeling less and less nervous as time went on. After dinner, you got a chance to talk to Alex's mom more while he and his dad caught up. She was a warm, accepting woman who made you feel like you were home. It was late when you and Alex finally decided to head back to the hotel. You both said your goodbyes to his parents and then went back to the hotel to get some sleep. When you got your pajamas on, you sat on the bed next to Alex and smiled down at him.

"What's on your mind, love?" he asked you, holding his arm out for you.

You laid next to him, head on his shoulder and arm around his waist. "I know it's weird, but I miss your family." You admitted.

Alex smiled and kissed your forehead. "We'll see them again tomorrow." He said. "I'm glad you like them as much as they like you." he said softly.

"I'm glad too." You smiled up at him. "I love you." you said and kissed him gently.

"I love you too." He said and kissed you.

The two of you fell asleep in each other's arms, exhausted from the flight and the day. Not that you were complaining, though.