Role Reversal - Brendan Gallagher (Requested)

Most people knew Brendan Gallagher as a hockey player on the Montreal Canadiens. You knew him as your best friend of ten years, and your boyfriend for about seven months. Brendan got the courage to ask you to officially be his girlfriend at the last family skate, and you of course said yes. One of the many things that the two of you had in common was that you both played hockey. You weren't in the NHL or anything, but you did play for your college's team in your hometown. With his game schedule and yours, it had been impossible for him to get to one of your games. He wanted to see one, but so far he hadn't been able to get to one. One day, you were having lunch with Brendan at your favorite local café and talking about your upcoming games.

"So you have a game on Friday?" Brendan asked as he ate a couple of fries.

"Yeah we're at home." You said. "It should be an easy game to win." You smiled.

He smiled and nodded. "You're going to do great." He smiled. "Especially since I'll be in the stands." He smirked.

You looked up at him. "Wait, really?" you asked him and smiled. "That's awesome. You finally get to see me play."

"I do. You're gonna kick ass too." He winked.

You smiled and kissed him gently. "I will."

Later that week, you were getting your gear on in the locker room. As you laced up your skates, Brendan came into the room to wish you luck.

"Hey all-star." He smiled.

"Hey." You smiled up at him. "What are you doing in here?" you asked.

He came over and hugged you gently. "I came to wish you good luck." He smiled.

"Well thank you." you said and hugged him back. "Thank you for coming today."

"I wouldn't miss it." He smiled. "I love you." he said and kissed you gently.

"Love you too." You smiled.

Brendan gave you another quick kiss before heading to his spot on the family bench. You got your jersey on and headed out to the players' bench. You blew a kiss to Brendan and got ready for the game to start. When it did start, you went out onto the ice and the game began. You played your hardest, knowing that Brendan was in the stands and watching you. In the first period, you scored the team's first goal which had Brendan on his feet cheering for you. During the first period break, you went into the locker room and sent a text to Brendan.

'How did you like that? Maybe you're my good luck charm. ; )'

Brendan replied smiling. 'I think I am. Kill it out there next period, Y/N.'

You smiled and got ready for the next period. When you walked out to sit on the bench, Brendan blew a kiss to you again which you returned. You went out on the ice and continued the game. As you were skating down to the other end of the ice, one of the opposing players stuck her stick out in front of you causing you to trip. You fell onto the ice and slid into the boards pretty hard. You felt a horrible pain in your wrist and you couldn't help but yelp in pain. There were plenty of boos from the audience as the whistle blew and some of your teammates rushed to your side. The team's medical personnel skated out to you, helping you up. You winced as they held your arm and skated slowly, feeling some tenderness in your ankle. As you skated off the ice, you saw Brendan trying to get to you. The officials took you to the medical room and helped you onto the bed that was there.

"My wrist hurts really badly. I can't bend it or move it." You told them.

The paramedic they had on hand nodded and took your glove off carefully. "Yeah it's pretty swollen. It's most likely a break." He said.

"A break?" you asked, hearing Brendan's voice.

"No, she's my girlfriend I want to see her." He said and walked into the room. "Baby how're you holding up?" he asked walking to your side, holding your good hand.

"I'm alright, just sore. I think I'm in shock." You told him, putting a smile on.

He nodded and kissed your forehead. "I'm here babe." He smiled softly.

The paramedic looked at your wrist and nodded. "We're going to have to get you to the hospital to get this looked at. Are you okay to walk if we get you an ambulance?" he asked.

"I can walk to the car. Brendan can take me over there." You told him.

Brendan nodded. "Can we get a splint on her arm?" he asked.

The paramedic nodded and put a temporary splint on your wrist so it wouldn't bend and hurt you. "Get her there as soon as you can. She can change if she wants, but get her there quickly."

Brendan nodded and helped you to the locker room. He helped you sit down and got your gear off, then helped you change into your jeans and sweater. He helped you walk to his car and got you buckled in before driving you to the emergency room. He got you in and they gave you a wheelchair to sit in while you waited. They got you into a room fairly quickly and got you x-rayed and checked out. The verdict was a broken wrist and a twisted ankle. They gave you a temporary cast on your wrist and put an ace bandage on your ankle. While you waited to be discharged, you looked over at Brendan who held your good hand the entire time.

"I'm sorry you had to see all of this." You told him.

"Don't be sorry baby. I'm glad I was there to take care of you." he smiled softly. He kissed your head gently and smiled. "I love you so much, Y/N."

"I love you too." You said. "It sucks that I'm going to be out for the rest of the season." You said softly.

"I know babe." He said and pushed your hair back. "I'm still so proud of you though. You're an amazing player and next season you're going to be just as amazing." He said softly. "I love you."

You smiled and nodded, kissing his hand. "I love you too."

When the doctor discharged you, Brendan took you home and got you comfortable. He made sure your leg was up and made sure that your wrist wasn't in pain. The next day you went in to get your permanent cast on. You got a red one to support Brendan's team and let him be the first person to sign it. Sure, you were out for the remainder of the season, but you were glad that Brendan got to see one of your games. Not only that, he got to see you get the first goal of the game.