Exceptions - Patrick Sharp

When your best friend Patrick was traded to Dallas from the Blackhawks, you were definitely upset. The two of you spent almost every day together and when you found out that he had to pick up and move to Texas, it took a toll on you. Things turned out to be easier than you had imagined, though. The two of you always talked on skype and when you couldn't do that, you'd text or call each other. When you found out that Dallas was going to be playing Chicago at the United Center, you and Patrick agreed to hang out as much as you could while he wasn't on the ice. When the team landed in Chicago, Patrick called you as soon as he got on the bus.

"Hello?" you answered smiling.

"Hey gorgeous, how are you?" he asked.

"I'm great. Are you here yet?" you asked.

"We just landed. We're going straight to the hotel if you want to come over and have some lunch together." Patrick smiled.

"I'll meet you over there." You smiled.

"Great." He said.

You went to the hotel and got a text from Patrick with his room number. You rode the elevator up to the seventh floor and went down to his room. You took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

Before your arm was all the way down at your side, the door opened. "Hey." You smiled.

Patrick smiled and wrapped his arms around you pulling you into a bear hug. "I've missed you so much." He said into your shoulder.

"I missed you too." You said, holding onto him tightly.

"Come on in." he smiled and let you inside.

The two of you had lunch together and caught up on the last few weeks without each other. After you hung out for a while, Patrick invited you to their practice the next day. You agreed and headed home to get some sleep.

The next morning, you got up and got your jeans on along with a red t-shirt. You got your shoes and a jacket on and headed to the arena. Even though you had seen Patrick the night before, you still had butterflies in your stomach. When you got to the team entrance, one of the security guards named Alec let you in. He had known you since you first met Patrick, so he knew to let you inside. You walked down the hallway and saw the last few Hawks leaving the ice. Patrick Kane saw you and smiled, waving to you.

"Hey Y/N, are you here to see your man?" he teased.

You walked over and smiled, hoping the blush on your cheeks wasn't obvious. "Oh definitely. How was practice?" you asked.

"It was great. We're ready to take them down." He smirked. "I think they're heading out to the ice in about five or ten minutes so you can probably just wait on the team bench."

"Okay, thank you. Good luck tonight." You smiled.

Patrick went into the dressing room with the rest of the team and you walked out and sat on the team bench. As you waited, you watched the Zamboni glide across the ice to smooth it over for the next team. When you were watching it, you felt two strong arms wrap around your shoulders from behind.

"Boo." Patrick's voice spoke behind you.

You smiled and held his arms gently. "Hey you." you smiled.

He walked around the bench and sat next to you, holding his helmet in his lap. "Now you get to meet my new team." He said and nudged your arm gently.

You nodded and smiled. "Well hopefully they're alright with meeting a diehard Blackhawks fan." You teased him.

"They'll make an exception for you." he winked.

The two of you talked while the rest of his team began trickling out of the dressing room. As the other players walked out, Patrick introduced you to everyone. They were all very kind to you and a few of them teased you about being a Hawks fan, which you knew was coming and served the teasing right back. Patrick stood up to go out onto the ice and looked at the tunnel entrance.