Emotions - Connor McDavid (Requested)

Connor McDavid was your favorite hockey player. Okay, you might be a little biased; he is your boyfriend of almost a year. Even if he wasn't your boyfriend, you would probably pick him as your favorite. You loved watching him play, and you loved how skilled he was at his age. You had met him at a signing and the two of you hit it off almost instantly. The two of you talked every day since you met him, and started dating about two months after talking. You had gone to every game that you possibly could, and tonight was no exception.

You made sure that Connor got his good luck kiss, and watched him skate out onto the ice. You sat with the other team wives and girlfriends, and watched the first period of the game. You cheered Connor and his team on the entire period, and when the intermission started, you got up to head to the locker room to see Connor. When you got there, he was in the hallway waiting for you, a smile on his face when he saw you.

"Hey beautiful." He smiled, holding his arms out.

You walked over and hugged him, smiling. "Hey you're doing great out there." You told him.

"Well I've got my cheerleader here." He teased, kissing you gently.

You returned the kiss and smiled up at him. "No, it's not me bud, you're the great hockey player."

"Maybe, but your cheers certainly help me out." He said, rubbing your back. "You give me the confidence to play my hardest." He admitted to you.

You couldn't help but blush at his comment. "Connor, you're a better player than you give yourself credit for."

"I know." He smiled, and rubbed your cheek. "I gotta get back in there, but I'll see you after the game okay?"

"Alright, you're gonna kill it out there." You told him.

Connor gave you a quick kiss and headed back into the locker room. You grabbed some nachos and headed back to your seat to watch the rest of the game. You cheered him on, and whenever he got a goal or an assist, you were up on your feet screaming for him. The Oilers ended up winning the game and Connor was credited with two goals and two assists. You were absolutely ecstatic for him, and you couldn't get to the locker room fast enough. You stood in the locker room's hallway waiting impatiently for Connor to come out.

After the rest of the team came out, you noticed that Connor hadn't exited yet. You asked one of the other players if he had scene Connor, but he said no. You walked into the locker room and didn't see him sitting by his cubby. You furrowed your brow as you walked through the locker room and out the hallway to the team bench. Connor was sitting on the bench watching the janitors cleaning the stands and watching the Zamboni slide across the ice. You walked over to bench and sat next to him.

"Hey super star." You smiled, nudging his arm gently.

He looked over at you and had a smile on his face, but his eyes were pink and watery. "Hey." He said, his voice cracking slightly.

Your smile dropped as you noticed that he had been crying. "Babe, hey what's wrong?" you asked him.

"Nothing, I'm just...taking it all in." he said, wiping his eyes quick. "I've never done this much in a game, and hearing everyone telling me how amazing I've done is just surreal." He said.

You smiled softly and pushed his hair back off of his forehead. "Connor you deserve every bit of praise that you get. Everyone is so proud of you, especially me. I can't even put it into words how incredibly proud I am. You're showing everyone what you're capable of and you're kicking butt, babe." You told him. "I'm proud to say that you're mine and that I'm in love with an amazing hockey player." You told him, trying to get a smile from him.

He turned to look at you, a smile creeping onto his face. "You love me?" he asked softly.

You blushed as you realized what you had just said. Even though the two of you had been dating for almost a year, neither of you had said the 'L' word yet. Apparently you were going to be the first to say it, even if you weren't planning to do it this way. "Well, yeah Connor. I love you to pieces." You smiled.

His smile grew wider as he placed a gentle but loving kiss on your lips. "I love you too, Y/N." he said softly.

"I'm so proud of you, babe you have no idea." You said as you pulled him into a hug.

"Thank you. It means the world to me." He said, hugging you tight.

After the two of you broke the hug, you went into the locker room to help him get out of his gear. You had been through this routine a few times, but tonight was different. You both officially took that little step in your relationship, and not only that, but Connor was the star of the game. This was certainly your favorite game by far.