Draft Day - Dylan Larkin (Requested)

The day that Dylan Larkin got drafted to the Detroit Red Wings was the best day of your life, and not for the reason you would think. Even though it was almost two years ago, you still remember it like it happened yesterday. You met Dylan during your freshman year of high school, and the two of you hit it off almost immediately. You could tell him anything, and he could do the same with you. You knew that hockey was the most important thing to him, and you promised him that you would be with him every step of the way. Dylan asked you to come with him to Draft Day and of course, you said yes. That whole day was pretty crazy, but it was also an amazing day.

You walked into the large arena with Dylan and his family. You looked around at all of the other young hockey players and the NHL teams' representatives. It was all a lot to take in, and you could tell that Dylan was nervous. When his parents went to find their seats, you walked around the arena with Dylan.

You nudged his arm gently and smiled. "How are you feeling?" you asked him.

Dylan looked at you and smiled softly. "I'm alright I think." He said. "It's just a lot to take in, you know?"

You nodded. "Yeah it is. Once they call your name, you're going to feel a lot better." You smiled.

Dylan nodded. "What if they don't?" he asked.

You looked up at him and bit your bottom lip. You took his hand gently and walked him outside of the auditorium and into the lobby. You held both of his hands and stood in front of him, facing him. "Dylan James Larkin, listen to me." You started.

Dylan looked at you and nodded.

"You are an outstanding hockey player, and an even more outstanding guy. People are going to see that, and some people already have. You are going to do just fine out there, and they're going to call your name." you said.

"Y/N, what if they don't?" he asked softly.

"It's a tiny chance that they won't, Dylan. If they don't, then you'll come back here next year and they'll call it then." You rubbed his hands gently. "I guarantee that they'll call it and you're gonna look at me while I say I told you so." You smiled softly.

Dylan smiled and nodded. "Alright, alright." He said softly. "Come here." He said and held his arms out.

You hugged him tight and smiled, feeling at home in his embrace. "You're going to get it." You said softly.

Dylan held you close and smiled. "Thank you for all of this." He said softly.

"Anytime. Now let's go get our seats." You smiled.

The two of you went to your seats next to his parents, and sat down. While they went through the opening speeches and the other teams' picks, you noticed Dylan getting nervous. You reached over and held his hand gently, intertwining your fingers with his. He looked over at you and smiled, giving your hand a gentle squeeze. As they began to call names for the Detroit Red Wings, you felt Dylan's grip on your hand get tighter. After they called thirteen names, the general manager of the Red Wings spoke into the microphone.

"For our fourteenth pick, on behalf of the Detroit Red Wings, we would like to pick Dylan Larkin." He spoke.

Dylan's jaw dropped and he looked over at his parents and then at you.

You smiled and nudged his arm gently. "Go up there." You smiled.

Dylan walked up with a smile on his face and received his jersey. After all of the interviews and press he had to do, Dylan walked out and met you and his family in the lobby. He jogged over and hugged each of you tightly, a giant smile on his face. When he got to you, his parents went to the parking lot to pull the car around.

Dylan smiled and hugged you tightly, rubbing your back gently. "I did it." He said softly.

You smiled and hugged him back. "You did it." You said. "I told you they'd call you." you winked as you pulled away.

He smiled and nodded. "I know you did." He said. "You were right." He said.

"I'm always right, Larkin." You teased, smirking.

"You are." He smiled. "Listen I have something for you." he said.

"You don't have to give me anything." You said softly.

"I know, but I want to." He said. He took your face in his hands gently and kissed you softly.

At first you were a little surprised, but you'd be lying if you said you hadn't wanted this since you met him. You kissed back gently and put your arms around his waist gently.

After a few minutes, Dylan pulled back gently and smiled down at you. "Sorry if that wasn't something you were..."

You interrupted him by pressing your lips against his again in a quick peck. You smiled up at him and rubbed his side gently. "It's something I was hoping for." You said.

Dylan smiled and rubbed your cheek. "I'm glad because I was too."

"We better get out to the car." You smiled.

The two of you walked out to the parking lot and climbed into the car. Dylan's family took Dylan and you out to lunch in celebration of his draft. Throughout the entire lunch, Dylan would hold your hand under the table, and he would tease you a little more than usual. When his parents dropped you off, he walked you up to your door and smiled at you, holding your hands gently.

"Well thank you so much for everything, Y/N." he said.

You smiled and nodded. "No problem whatsoever." You said. "Just promise not to forget about us little people when you're in the big leagues." You teased.

Dylan got a serious look on his face. "Y/N, I would never forget about you. You've been my best friend for years. I'm taking you on this journey with me, I promise you that." He said and rubbed your cheek gently.

"I was just kidding." You said softly.

Dylan leaned down and kissed you gently. "You're stuck with me, babe." He smiled.

You smiled and nodded. "Sounds like a plan." You said. "I'll see you soon, okay?"

He nodded and smiled. "Yes you will." He said. "Thank you again." He said.

"You're welcome." You smiled. "Bye, Dylan." You kissed his cheek and went inside.

"Bye." He said and smiled.

When he got in the car and rode off down the street, you couldn't help but let out an excited screech. You immediately sent a text to your other best friend about the day, and not just about the draft.