The Question - Teuvo Teravainen (Requested)

Your friend Teuvo invited you to go with him to his teammate Jonathan's party this coming weekend. You had liked Teuvo for a while now, but you never told him because you were afraid of losing him. You had come to the conclusion that you were happier having him as a friend than having him as nothing. You got on some dark jeans and a nice blouse with a black jacket and some boots. You got your purse and headed to your car.

When you got there, Jonathan let you in and said hello to you, giving you a big hug. You smiled and followed him to the kitchen to get a drink. He gave you a water bottle and went to greet the next people who walked in.

"Y/N." you heard Teuvo's voice from behind you.

You turned and smiled at him holding your arms out to hug him. "Hey Turbo. I was just gonna come looking for you." you said.

He hugged you warmly and smiled. "I'm glad you came. Did you come alone?" he asked you.

"Yeah, I was going to see if I could get someone to go with me but I decided I've got all the company I need here." You winked.

He smiled and nodded. "So I was thinking about something." He said leaning against the counter by you.

"Okay, what is it?" you asked him smiling.

He looked at you and then took a deep breath. "Um...do you want something to eat?" he asked you.

You smiled and nodded. "Sure." You said and gave a confused stare as you watched him walk to the dining area where there were appetizers.

You talked with some of the other players and some of their wives and girlfriends. They discussed the games and some of the things they had planned for the coming weeks. After a little while, you found yourself talking to Brent Seabrook. The two of you talked about the party and what you were both planning for the rest of the weekend. Teuvo walked up to the two of you and smiled.

"Hey." He said. "Brent." He said and nodded.

Brent looked over to him and smiled. "Hey what's up?" he asked.

You noticed that Teuvo didn't have a plate of food, so he was probably just making an excuse.

Teuvo nodded to Brent and cleared his throat.

Brent looked at him for a moment and then raised his eyebrows. "Oh! Alright well I should go and see where my wife went off to." He said and waved to you, walking away.

You looked at him and then at Teuvo. "Okay is there something going on here that I'm missing?" you asked him.

Teuvo smiled and shook his head. "Can we go somewhere a little quieter?" he asked.

You nodded and followed him down the hall to the guest room. It was empty except for the pile of jackets on the bed. You smiled over at Teuvo and felt yourself getting butterflies as he shut the door behind the two of you. He walked over to you and smiled.

"Um so I was wondering..." he started and rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "This is harder than I thought it was going to be." He said softly.

You looked at him a bit nervously. "Teuvo you can talk to me. Just ask, I'm not that scary." You joked.

He smiled and bit his bottom lip. "Would you maybe want to go out with me?" he asked softly.

Your cheeks turned pink and you smiled wide. "Like a date?" you asked.

"To start, yes; then we can see where things go." He said.

You nodded right away. "I would love to, yes." You smiled.

He smiled and nodded. "Great. We can plan something later." He said excitedly.

"Sure." You said.

The two of you spent the rest of the party glued to each other's sides. You were excited to see where this next road in life was going to take you.