Sweet Sixteen - Connor McDavid (Requested)

You sat on the deck of your summer home with your boyfriend Connor. The two of you were spending two weeks away while Connor was on his off season from hockey. You looked over at him and smiled, reaching your hand out. Connor smiled back at you and held your hand gently, lacing your fingers in his.

"Do you remember when we first met?" he asked you.

You smiled and nodded. "Yes I do. I also remember when you told me how you felt for the first time." You noted.

Connor smiled and nodded. "Tell me about that day." He teased.

"Well, it all started three years ago..." you started.

Flashback

You were sixteen years old and living with your parents and fraternal twin brother. The two of you got along better than most sisters and brothers did, and that definitely came in handy when your brother started bringing his friend Connor around when you were twelve. You always had a little crush on Connor, but you never told anyone except your diary. Your brother would try to hang out with just Connor, but he was always the one to tell your brother to let you play with them. The two of you would exchange smiles and snickers and he would even tease you here and there. He never really said anything until one day when he got to your house before your brother did. You were sixteen years old.

It was a Friday afternoon, and you had just finished your homework when you heard the front door open. You came out of the kitchen and smiled when you saw Connor standing there with his roller blades and a hockey stick. He was in jeans and a thick hoodie that was a bit baggy on him. He looked up at you and smiled seeing you there in your jeans and blue sweater.

"Hey, Y/N." he said trying and failing to hide his excitement. "Is your brother home?" he asked.

You shook your head. "No, he had to stay a little late at school, something about a project." You said, cleaning up your schoolwork. "He should be back in a little while, If you want to hang out."

Connor smiled and nodded. "Sure." He said setting his skates and stick by the door. He walked over to you and helped you clean up your papers. "So how has your week been?"

"Same boring stuff." You smirked. "How about you?" you asked him, zipping your backpack up.

"Same for me too." He said, smiling.

You put your backpack on the bottom stair and went to the refrigerator to get a bottle of water. "Do you want a drink?" you asked politely.

Connor looked over to you and smiled. "Water is fine thank you."

You grabbed a water bottle and walked it to him. "So are you guys playing street hockey?" you asked, walking into the living room and sitting on the couch.

He nodded and plopped down next to you. "I was hoping so." He said and took a sip of his water. "It's supposed to get a lot colder soon so we can start going to rinks." He said.

"I'll have to come cheer for you guys." You joked.

Connor smiled and nodded. "I'd like that." He said and leaned back on the couch, his knee resting against yours.

You looked at your knees and then leaned back next to him. "You're gonna make it big one day, I just know it." You told him.

He smiled and his cheeks blushed slightly. "I don't know about that." He said shyly.

"Connor you're an amazing hockey player, I've seen you out there. Someday, I'm gonna be standing in a big arena watching you play with the big guys." You smiled. "I'm sure of it." You said, patting his leg gently.

He smiled and bit his bottom lip. "You're too sweet to me." He said and put his hand on yours. He hesitated for a moment, and when you didn't pull your hand away, he laced your fingers together slowly.

You looked at your hands and then up at him and smiled. "Your girlfriend might get mad at you holding my hand." You said softly.

Connor smirked and shrugged. "She might, if I had one." He said and looked at you. "I'm sort of saving myself for a certain someone. She's got a pretty big hold on my heart." He said softly.

Goosebumps started rising all over your body and you smiled over to him. "She does?" you asked him.

He nodded and moved closer to you. "You do." He said.

You smiled and leaned in towards him slowly.

Connor closed his eyes and pressed his lips against yours gently. When you returned the kiss, he moved his hand to touch your cheek gently.

Butterflies fluttered in your stomach as you kissed Connor. You had liked him for a long time and now this was finally happening.

"Dude!" you heard your brother's voice coming from the door.

Connor looked over at him and smiled innocently. "Um, I can explain." He started.

"No man I knew it was bound to happen. Just don't kiss in front of me. It's nasty." Your brother said, grabbing his skates.

You smiled and looked over at Connor. "Good luck out there." You told him.

"Thank you." he smiled and kissed you gently. "We'll continue this when I get back." He winked.

End flashback.

"That's how it all started." You finished the story. You looked over at Connor and smiled when you saw the big grin on his face.

"Now look at us; three years later and we've been together ever since." He said, kissing the back of your hand gently. "I love you, Y/N."

You smiled over at him. "I love you too, Connor."