Cousin Hockey - Sidney Crosby (Requested)

You pulled up to your aunt's house with your boyfriend Sidney. You turned the car off and looked over at him smiling. You knew that he was fairly nervous to be meeting your family. He had already met your parents, but he had yet to meet anyone else. The two of you had been dating for almost a year now, so you figured it was an appropriate time. Plus, Sidney had the weekend off, so it worked out perfectly. You put a hand on his arm gently and smiled.

"They're going to love you." you reminded him.

Sidney looked at you and smiled softly. "I hope they do." He said.

"They will, trust me. Oh and my little cousin Eric loves hockey and will probably be your shadow for the entire day." You warned him.

He seemed to perk up at the mention of hockey. Even if it was a crazy sport, it seemed to calm Sidney down. "Oh, yeah?"

You nodded and smiled. "Let's get in there." You said.

The two of you got out of the car and Sidney came around the front of the car to hold your hand gently. You both walked up to the door and you opened it, walking in. As soon as you walked in, your younger cousin Allie came running down the hall and hugged you.

"Y/N! We were waiting forever!" said the seven year old.

"Forever? Is that why you look so tall?" you teased, smiling down at her.

"I'm just kidding." She said. "Come see the table I set up."

You smiled and took your shoes off. "I will in just a second I want to introduce everyone to Sidney." You said.

Sidney got his shoes off and smiled. "Hi." He said.

Allie smiled at him. "Hi, Sidney. I can show him to everyone." She said.

You looked at Sidney and smiled. "Would you like Allie to show you around?" you teased.

He smiled and nodded, trying to stay as comfortable as possible.

Allie smiled and took his hand. "Let's go." She said.

You watched as Allie took Sidney around to your aunt, uncle, brother, sister, and your parents. She even introduced him to the two family dogs in the backyard. You said hello to everyone and stood in the kitchen talking to your family. Eric, the nine year old, came downstairs and gave you a big hug.

"Hey, buddy, where were you hiding?" you smiled.

"I was upstairs. Where's Sidney?" he asked.

"Right here." Sidney said, coming up behind you, Allie still holding his hand.

You smiled at him. "Sidney, this is Eric, he's the hockey guy." You said.

Eric smiled up at Sidney and nodded while Allie went off to play. "I love hockey and I watch all of your games with my dad, unless they're on too long then I have to go to bed."

Sidney smiled down at Eric. "Well bedtime is important when you're growing up. Who's your favorite player?" he asked cheekily.

"You are. I used to like Bennett, but now you're my favorite." Eric said.

"Bennett's pretty cool too." Sidney smiled.

Your aunt stepped over and smiled. "Sorry to interrupt, but we're all ready to eat." She said.

Sidney smiled and nodded, putting his arm around your waist.

Eric looked up at him. "After dinner, can I show you my hockey stuff?" he asked.

"Sure, bud. Maybe we can play some street hockey." He said.

Eric's eyes lit up and he smiled, nodding fast.

You all went to the table to sit down and eat. While you were eating, Sidney held your hand underneath the table, and talked with everyone. They all seemed to love him just like you told him. After dinner, you helped your aunt clean up the table while Eric ran upstairs to get his hockey gear. Sidney came up behind you and poked your sides.

"Need any help?" he asked.

"No, we're just about done." You smiled back at him.

Allie walked over and tugged on Sidney's sleeve. "I want to play too but I don't know how to play hockey." She said with her bottom lip out.

Sidney smiled and knelt down to be at her level. "Well every good team needs cheerleaders." He said.

"I don't like dresses though." Allie replied. "Can I yell goal?" she asked excitedly.

Sidney smiled and looked up at you before nodding to Allie. "Of course. Go get your coat on okay?"

"Okay!" Allie smiled and ran to get bundled.

You smiled and got your coat on to go out and watch Sidney play hockey. Eric came downstairs and got the nets all set up in the street. Your aunt lived on a dead end street, so no one would be driving down the street. You sat on the curb with Allie next to you and watched as Eric handed a stick and ball to Sidney, telling him how he liked to play. Sidney smiled and set the ball down.

"Alright ready?" he asked.

Eric nodded, getting into position.

Sidney smiled and counted down and the two boys started playing. You and Allie watched and she would scream "Goal!" every time one of the boys scored. They played until the sun went down and then Sidney carried the nets into the house. Eric came inside bragging about how he beat a Penguins player. Allie went into the kitchen to get a drink while you helped Sidney get the nets back upstairs.

"Thank you for your help." He smiled.

"You are very welcome. The kids really love you." you told him.

"Well do you love me too?" he winked, holding your waist.

You smiled and nodded kissing him gently. "I do."

"I love you too." He said, kissing back.

"Ready to head out?" you asked.

"Yeah." He smiled.

The two of you went downstairs and said your goodbyes. Sidney signed Eric's stick and puck, and even signed Allie's puck. The two of you gave hugs and started driving back home.

"So was it okay?" you asked.

He smiled and nodded. "It was great. I can't wait for the next one." He smiled, kissing your hand.

"Me either." You smiled.