Lucky Night - Dylan Larkin (Requested)

"So your friend just doesn't want to go anymore?" you asked your best friend, Y/F/N.

"She said she had something else come up." Y/F/N said.

"So she's blowing off a Red Wings game for something else? Is she crazy?" you asked with a smile on your face.

"I think so. Anyway, are you interested?" she asked.

"Duh! I'm not turning down a Red Wings ticket." You said.

"Great, well we have to leave here in about an hour." Your friend said.

"I'll go get changed." You said and went upstairs to your room.

What luck you had! Your best friend had stopped by your house to pick up her phone charger from the night before when she came over to watch The Walking Dead. While she was there, her friend Allie called her and told her that she couldn't make it to tonight's Red Wings game. Y/F/N didn't want the ticket to go to waste and knew how much of a hockey fan you were, so she invited you to go. You didn't have much time to prepare so you just threw your hair into a low fishtail braid. You got your red sweater on over a white tank top and slid on some black jeans. You went downstairs to rejoin your friend and to get your shoes on. The two of you chatted for a little while before you headed to the arena.

You had seats in the third row behind the goalie which weren't bad at all. When you both sat down, the teams came out onto the ice to warmup. You watched the players and took a few pictures on your phone. You set your phone in your lap and watched the players skate around when you caught the eyes of Dylan Larkin. You knew who he was because all of your friends had crushes on him.

You smiled at him and felt your stomach flutter as he skated over towards you.

Dylan smiled at you and tossed a puck over the glass, making sure it was you who caught it.

You caught it and smiled over at him, mouthing a thank you.

He nodded and winked at you before skating away with his team.

Y/F/N looked at Dylan and then at you. "Did that just happen?" she asked.

You smiled and shrugged. "I guess so." You said.

You watched the game with Y/F/N, puck in hand, and cheered for the Red Wings. They ended up winning which made the night even better. When the game ended, you walked towards the exit with your friend, talking about the game. You came to a stop when a large hand touched your arm gently.

"Excuse me miss?" a deep voice said.

You turned to see a rather large security guard smiling down at you. "Yes?"

"You need to come with me." He said.

"She didn't do anything." Y/F/N said.

"Mr. Larkin requested to see her." The guard said.

You felt your stomach drop as you looked at your friend. She gave you the go ahead and you walked with the guard.

He led you down a series of hallways and an elevator before walking you down a hallway towards the dressing rooms. Your stomach began doing flips as you saw Dylan standing in the hallway in just the bottom part of his uniform. The guard led you to him and then walked back down the hall.

"I'm glad he found you." Dylan smiled.

You looked at him and smiled shyly. "You were looking for me?" you asked.

He nodded. "I know this sounds really cliché, but when I saw you in the stands, I knew I had to get to know you." he said.

You smiled and bit your bottom lip nervously. "Well here I am." You said.

Dylan smiled at you, noticing your nervous demeanor. "Listen, this is probably a little intimidating, so would you like to go get a bite to eat with me?" he asked.

"Sure." You said and smiled. "I'll wait here for you." you said.

"Okay, great." He smiled and went into the dressing room.

After a few minutes, Dylan walked back out and held his arm out for you. You held his arm gently and followed him down the hallway and out a back door. Dylan took you to his car and opened the passenger door for you. When you got in, he shut the door and walked around to get into the driver's side.

"First of all, I'm Dylan Larkin, it's nice to meet you." he smiled, holding his hand out.

"Right, I guess we didn't really do introductions. I'm Y/N, and it's nice to meet you too." You said and shook his hand, smiling. "I'm sorry, I'm just a little shocked. Stuff like this never happens to me."

Dylan smiled and nodded. "I get it." He said. "What are you hungry for, Y/N?"

"How about pizza?" you suggested.

"That sounds great." He smiled.

Dylan drove the two of you to a local pizza place that stayed open late. The whole drive there, you both talked about yourselves to get to know each other a bit more. During your late dinner, you and Dylan learned even more about each other, and ended up really hitting it off. After you finished eating, Dylan paid for the meal and drove you to your house. He pulled into the driveway and walked you up to the door, holding your hand gently as you both continued the conversation you had started in the car.

"Well this is my stop." You said, stopping in front of your door and turning to face Dylan.

"I had a really nice time, Y/N. I'm really glad you got to go to the game tonight." He smiled.

"I am too." You smiled back at him. "Maybe we could do it again sometime." You said shyly.

"Maybe tomorrow?" he suggested.

"I'd like that." You smiled. The two of you exchanged numbers at the restaurant, so you knew you could plan something whenever. "Thank you so much for tonight, Dylan."

"Well thank you for coming with me." He smiled. "I'll see you soon, okay?" he said and leaned down to kiss your cheek gently.

You smiled up at him and nodded. "Really soon." You said. "Goodnight, Dylan."

"Goodnight." He smiled and made sure you got inside okay.

You barely got the door closed before you were texting Y/F/N about what happened. Fate was definitely on your side tonight.