Perfect Timing - Jonathan Toews/Olivia (Contest)

Olivia had been dating Jonathan Toews for just over a year. They met at Brent Seabrook's charity bowl where Olivia had been bartending. Jonathan kept sending her drinks and notes on napkins until she came over and talked to him. The two had been attached at the hip ever since. She never missed a game and even on the road, she was always at Jonathan's side. At first she was a little nervous about being in the way, but Jonathan insisted and the team loved her like family. When Olivia got a new job working with youth hockey teams, it got a little harder to go on the road. She still got to go on the road, but since the tournaments were coming up, she knew she had to stay behind. It was a five game trip that would be a week and a half long, so Jonathan was bummed that she couldn't come with. She assured him that they would talk on skype every day and talk on the phone as much as they could. Jonathan took that offer up and every day they would skype at the same time, no matter what the time difference was.

It had been a long day at work with the tournaments and when Olivia got home, all she wanted to do was go to bed. She got her pajamas on and curled up under the blankets with her laptop waiting for Jonathan to call. When the skype ringtone started, she answered and smiled seeing him on the other end.

"Hey beautiful." He said smiling. "How was your day today?"

Olivia smiled at him. "It was long and tiring." She said. "What about yours?" she asked. "Melissa said you guys won."

"Yeah we did." He said. "Why was your day long?" he asked.

"Just a lot going on." She said. "I'm glad I get to see you though." She smiled.

"Well you know I wouldn't miss out on our skype date, baby." Jonathan said. "You know if I was there, I would order you to take a bubble bath and give you one of my world famous massages." He smirked.

"World famous, huh?" Olivia smiled.

"Oh yeah." He winked.

"Who said I would take orders from you anyway, Toews?" she teased.

"Well I am the captain." He smiled.

Olivia nodded and smiled. "You are. So when are you guys coming back?" she asked.

"They decided to send us home on Sunday morning. He said. "I'll be ready for a big Olivia hug when I get in." he smiled.

"I'll have plenty." She said. "I better get to bed, I'm beat. I get to do it all over again tomorrow too." She said.

"Alright well get some rest babe. I hate seeing you worn out. You need a break." He said.

"I'll get one after tomorrow. One more day to get through, right?" she smiled softly.

"Right." He smiled. "Sweet dreams. I love you to the moon and back, babe." He said.

"I love you too, Jonathan. Night." She said and blew him a kiss which he "caught".

They both closed their computers and went to bed. The next morning, Olivia got up and went to the tournaments. Normally she would have heard from Jonathan, but she hadn't yet. She figured he was probably busy with press so she brushed it off. She worked all day and hadn't heard from him. She sent a text just saying hello and then got back to work.

'Sorry babe, so busy today. I love you. xo' Jonathan replied.

She let out a sigh and got back to work. When she got off of and headed home it was around seven-thirty. She walked inside and noticed that the door was unlocked. She could have sworn that she locked it, but it was an early morning, so maybe she forgot. She walked in and set her purse on the couch and shrugged out of her jacket. She heard her phone go off so she checked it. There was a message from Jonathan in her inbox.

'You look beautiful, even when you've had a rough day.'

'Thank you, but how do you know?' she sent.

She set her phone down and almost dropped it on the ground when she heard a familiar voice coming from behind her.

"Because you're always beautiful." Jonathan said.

Olivia turned around and stared at him for a moment. "Are you really here?" she asked softly.

Jonathan smiled and nodded. "Yes I am. Get over here." He said.

Olivia ran over to him and hugged him tight. "I thought you weren't coming home for another day."

He smiled and rubbed her back gently, hugging her back. "I kind of told a white lie. I asked Coach to send me home early because I knew you were stressed. Plus I missed you too much." He said looking down at her.

Olivia looked up at him and smiled. "I love you so much." She said and kissed him.

He kissed back and rubbed her cheek. "I love you too." He smiled. "Why don't you go take a hot shower and I'll get dinner going, okay?"

"Can we order?" Olivia asked. "It's faster." She smiled.

"Anything for you." Jonathan smiled.

Olivia kissed him gently and went upstairs to shower. She got pajamas on and came downstairs seeing Jonathan on the couch. She was glad to have him home, especially after the week she had had. She walked over to him and sat next to him, wrapping her arms around his waist.

"Dinner is on the way." He smiled and kissed her head gently.

"Good." She said and held him. "I missed you so much." She said.

"I missed you too, Olivia." He said and kissed her forehead. "Next time you're coming with." He smirked.

"Definitely." She said.

The food came and they both ate together while talking about their week. After they were done, Jonathan cleaned the mess up and put the leftovers away. He walked Olivia up to the bedroom and got her situated in bed before putting his pajamas on. He came out in some Blackhawks pajama pants and nothing else. Even though Olivia had been with him for a year, she still got butterflies when she saw him like this. Jonathan crawled onto the bed and got under the blankets with her.

"How about a movie?" he asked, putting his arm around her shoulders.

"Sounds like a plan to me." Olivia said, resting her head on his chest.

Jonathan put on her favorite and kissed her head gently. He reached over and turned the lights off, snuggling into Olivia. They both watched the movie and started to get tired halfway through. Jonathan saw Olivia nodding off so he turned the T.V off and nuzzled into her hair, pulling her close to him.

"I love you." he said softly and kissed her cheek.

"Love you too." Olivia said softly, snuggling into Jonathan's chest.

The two of them fell asleep together, cuddled up in each other's arms. Even after this crazy week, Olivia felt like this was the best day she had in a long time. Jonathan always had perfect timing.