Daddy Day Care - Patrick Sharp (Request)

You got your bag together as you got ready to go to an interview for a job. The interview was downtown Chicago, so it was only about ten minutes away from the home you shared with your fiancé, Patrick Sharp, and your newborn daughter Emma Rose. Emma was only eight weeks old, but she had completely stolen Patrick's heart. You had been home for the last couple of months and you decided that you wanted to get back to work after Emma was born. Patrick helped you get a job at the Blackhawks Store on the Mag Mile, and your interview was today. You weren't nervous for the interview, but you were a little nervous about leaving Patrick alone with Emma for the first time. You knew that he would be alright, but his nerves were making you nervous.

"You'll only be gone a couple of hours right?" Patrick asked, laying Emma in her crib.

You smiled and nodded. "Yes and as soon as it's done, I'll drive right back home to you both." You said. "You're going to do just fine babe. I have my phone with me and they know I've got a newborn at home."

He nodded. "I know you have tons of confidence in me but what if she loses her mind when you're gone?" he asked, holding your waist from behind you.

"Then you console her and let her know that daddy is here for her." You said and turned around to face him. "Then she'll take one look at you and know that she's safe." You told him. "I promise."

Patrick smiled and nodded, kissing your forehead gently. "What would I do without you?" he asked softly.

You smiled. "Probably lose your mind." She joked. "I have to go or I'll be late." You told him and gave him a quick peck on the lips. You walked over to Emma's crib and picked her up gently. "Hi baby. Momma's gonna be gone for a little while, but daddy is going to take care of everything, okay?" you kissed her head gently and smiled. "I love you." she said and laid her in the crib again.

Patrick got your bag for you and carried it downstairs for you. When you put your jacket on, he wrapped his arms around you in a big hug. "I love you." he said.

"I love you too, Patrick. I'll be home as soon as I can and if anything happens, call me." You said and kissed him gently.

"I will." He kissed you back. "Good luck." He smiled.

"Thank you." you smiled back.

You kissed him gently and walked out to your car. You drove to the store downtown and went inside to start the paperwork for the interview. As you were filling some of them out, your phone started ringing; Patrick.

"Hello?" you smiled.

"Baby, I have a problem." Patrick said.

"Okay, what's up?" you asked, figuring he was overreacting.

"I fed Emma her bottle and she won't drink the whole thing. Is her stomach sick or something?" he asked.

You smirked and rubbed your head some. "Patrick, take a deep breath. Nothing is wrong with Emma, she's probably just full. Put the bottle down and try and burp her; if she wants more, then give it to her. Sometimes she doesn't finish a whole bottle, and that's fine. If she doesn't want any more, just put it in the fridge." You told him.

"Okay. I'm sorry babe I just got freaked out she wasn't eating after half of the bottle." Patrick said.

"It's fine, don't worry about it. I have to go. Give Emma a kiss for me okay?"

"I will. Y/N, you are an angel, do you know that?" Patrick smiled.

"Yeah I've heard it a few times." You teased. "I love you."

"Love you too."

You went back to filling out papers and went through the interview process. You ended up getting through the whole interview without a call from Patrick. When you finished the interview, you went to the car and sent him a text to let him know that you were on your way home. You turned your car on and drove home, excited to see your family. When you pulled in, you walked up and opened the door slowly and quietly just in case Emma was asleep. You set your bag down and took your coat off, and before you could wonder where Patrick was, you hear Emma crying. You headed upstairs slowly and saw Patrick sitting on the end of your bed holding Emma. You stood in the doorway and watched as he spoke to her.

"Please don't cry baby." Patrick said softly. He held her close and rocked her gently. "Daddy's here, Emma. Don't cry sweetheart." He whispered, kissing her head gently. He scooted back slowly and carefully, leaning back on the pillows. He laid Emma on his chest and rubbed her back. "Shhh. I'm right here, and I'm not going to let anything hurt you." he said softly.

You smiled as you watched him. Emma started to calm down a little bit which made the slight fear in Patrick's eyes fade.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine." Patrick began to sing softly. He always told people he didn't sing, but he really had a decent voice. "You make me happy when skies are gray. You'll never know dear, how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away." He sang softly, kissing her head. He hummed the same verse to her softly and Emma slowly dozed off on his chest. He let her sleep for a moment and then carefully moved her to the crib.

You watched him kiss her head gently and cover her up, then turn around and smile at you. You waved to him and walked downstairs carefully so you didn't wake Emma.

Patrick came down after you with the baby monitor in his hand. He smiled at you and hugged you tight.

You hugged him back and smiled. "Hey." You said softly.

"Hey." He smiled and kissed your head. "So how did it go?" he asked as he sat with you on the couch.

"It went really well." You said and leaned into him, putting your cheek on his chest, looking at the baby monitor at your sleeping baby daughter.

"Good." He said. "I knew you could do it, Y/N." he said. He set the monitor screen on the coffee table and then leaned back, putting his arm around you.

"I knew you could too." You smiled and looked up at him. "You're an amazing daddy." You said.

Patrick smiled and kissed you gently. "I love you, Y/N. You're an amazing mother and you're going to be an amazing wife." He said softly.

You smiled kissing him back. "I love you too and I can't wait to be Y/N Sharp." You smiled.

"Me either." He kissed you gently and rubbed your back gently.

The two of you sat there on the couch enjoying the quiet and the calmness of Emma's nap. Patrick was proud of how he did on his first solo parenting job, and you were proud of how the interview went. You knew Patrick could do it, but he hated to hear "I told you so."