Christmas Eve - Dylan Larkin (Requested)

For as long as you can remember, every Christmas Eve, you and your family would spend the night at your friend Dylan's house. Your families were both so close, so it made sense to spend Christmas together. This year was different, and not because you weren't friends with Dylan, it was just because your families couldn't get together this year because everyone was all split up. Your parents were visiting family in Minnesota, and Dylan's parents decided to spend Christmas in the Keys. Christmas was your favorite holiday, and not being able to spend it with your family bummed you out. Sure, you all did a present exchange before your parents left, but it wasn't the same. Dylan knew how much Christmas meant to you, so he decided to surprise you with a little bit of nostalgia.

You were watching Christmas movies on Christmas Eve Day, when you heard a knock on your door. You weren't expecting anyone, so you furrowed your brow as you walked over to answer it. When you opened the door, you smiled at the familiar face on your porch. "Dylan? What are you doing here?" you asked.

Dylan smiled and hugged you tight. "I wanted to surprise you for Christmas." He said. "Can I come in?" he asked.

"Of course, come on in." you smiled and let him inside. "So what surprise did you have in mind?" you asked.

"Well, I know that it's just us this year, but that doesn't mean we can't have Christmas like we used to." He smiled.

You smiled and looked at him. "Okay, and how will we do that?" you asked him.

"My parents are on vacation, so the house is empty. I thought that you and I could spend Christmas Eve over there, like the old days." He smiled.

"Dylan." You smiled. "That's really sweet of you." you said.

"Well I know how much Christmas means to you, so I wanted to make it special." He smiled. "So what do you say?"

You smiled. "Of course, I say yes." You said and hugged him. "I'll go get packed."

You went upstairs and got an overnight bag packed before coming downstairs again. Dylan smiled and took you out to his car then drove the two of you to his parents' house. When he pulled up, you got out of the car with him and went inside. Dylan turned the lights on revealing a fully decorated Christmas tree, stocking hanging over the fireplace, and a stack of Christmas movies on the coffee table.

You smiled and looked around. "Did you do all of this?" you asked softly.

"Guilty." He smiled. "I left the star for you to do." He said.

You smiled and looked over at him. "So what if I had said no?" you asked, smirking.

"You can't resist me." He smiled over at you. "Come on." He said and took your bags upstairs before he brought you the star.

"Thank you, sir." You smiled and stood on your tip-toes, but still couldn't reach.

"Here." He said and wrapped his arms around your legs, lifting you up.

You smiled and put the star on top of the tree, then got down with Dylan's help. "Now it's finished." You smiled.

"Yes it is." He smiled. "How about dinner?"

"That sounds great." You smiled.

You helped Dylan make the dinner that you always had, but you made the portions a bit smaller since it was just the two of you. After dinner, you helped Dylan with the cleanup and then sat down in the living room with him.

"I have something for you." he said and went into the other room, coming back out with a present.

"What's this? We already did out present exchange." You smiled.

"I know. Open it." He smiled, sitting next to you and handing you the box.

You opened the box and saw a brand new pair of skates, in your favorite color. You smiled and looked over at him. "Dylan, these are great." You said. "Thank you." you said and hugged him.

"You're welcome." He smiled. "Maybe we can try them out tonight?"

"Tonight?" you asked.

"The ponds out back." He smiled. "I just so happened to bring my skates too." He winked.

You smiled and shook your head. "You are incredible, Dylan."

"I know." He smiled.

You both got bundled up and carried your skates out to the ponds behind his house. He helped you lace yours up and then got his on as well. He helped you onto the ice and the two of you skated around for a while. You talked with him about old memories and about how things have changed, then you talked about life in general. The whole time you skated, he held your hand to make sure you were safe. After skating for a bit more, Dylan stood in front of you and skated backwards, spinning you gently, a smirk on his face.

"What are you doing?" you asked him, holding onto his hands.

"Spinning." He smiled.

"How do I get you to stop?" you asked, smiling.

"Kiss me." He said, pulling you closer to him.

The comment caught you off guard, so you put your hands on his shoulders gently, trying to keep your balance. "What?" you said softly.

Dylan smiled and wrapped his arms around your waist. "Kiss me." He repeated.

You smiled and felt your heartbeat picking up. "Okay." You said and leaned up.

He reached one hand up to hold your chin gently, and pressed his lips against yours.

You had dreamt of this moment since you were kids, and now that it was finally happening, you could barely stay on your feet. As you deepened the kiss, light snowflakes began to fall from the sky.

Dylan pulled away gently and smiled down at you. "We just made it snow." He joked.

You smiled up at him and nodded. "We did." You said and rubbed his cheek gently. "I've wanted this for a long time." You admitted.

Dylan smiled down at you and nodded. "I have too. Lucky for us, our first kiss was magical." He winked.

You smiled and nodded. "Christmas is pretty magical." You said.

"Merry Christmas, Y/N." he said softly.

"Merry Christmas, Dylan." You said back.

The two of you skated a little bit more, and when the snow started to pick up, you both headed back to the house. After some hot chocolate by the fire, you both fell asleep curled up on the couch together. You couldn't ask for a better Christmas present.