Old School Date - Nate Schmidt (Requested)

For you and your boyfriend Nate, picking date ideas definitely wasn't your favorite thing. You both had some good ideas, but when it came time to pick an idea, you were both totally clueless. You tried picking ideas out of a hat, but that never worked because neither of you would want to do the date you picked for whatever reason. Today was no different, and there you sat on the couch with Nate, deciding what to do for your date night.

"What about bowling?" Nate suggested.

"I don't think so. What about a movie?" you asked.

"We saw a movie last time." He said.

"True." You said.

You both thought for a few minutes and then Nate grabbed his phone to look up some ideas. After a few minutes of looking, Nate smiled.

"What about mini golf?" he asked.

You looked over and smiled. "We've never done that." You said. "Afterward we can get some dinner." You added.

"Sounds like a date to me." He smiled.

The two of you got dressed and headed to the local mini golf course. Nate paid for eighteen holes for the both of you. He got the putters for the two of you and picked out a red ball for himself. You picked out a Y/F/C ball and headed to the first hole with him.

"How about a friendly wager?" you smiled.

"Alright what's the wager?" he asked.

"Loser buys dinner? Winner gets whatever dessert they want." You smiled.

"You're on." He winked and kissed you gently.

You kissed him back and played the rounds with him. Along the way you both teased each other and had some friendly banter between the two of you. At the last hole, you and Nate added up your points to see who won.

"Let's see who won." Nate smiled and handed you his card.

You looked at them both and smiled. "Looks like you're buying." You said.

Nate stared at you for a moment. "I got more points than you did though." He said.

"To win, you want the least amount of points." You smiled.

He smirked and rubbed his face. "Duh." He mumbled. "Alright fair enough, let's go." He smiled and put his arm around your shoulder.

The two of you agreed on a place to go eat dinner at, and Nate drove you there. You walked in and got a booth where you both sat next to each other. Nate wrapped an arm around you again while you both looked at the menus. The waiter took your orders and took your menus away.

"Today was fun." Nate smiled.

"I agree, even if it was kind of old school." You smiled.

"Well sometimes the classics are the best." He winked.

"Like you?" you joked.

"Hey." He smiled.

The two of you laughed and ate your appetizer when it got to your table. You both ate your dinner and Nate paid for the meal. You both walked to the car and got in, holding Nate's hand. When he started the car, he looked over at you.

"Alright where are we going for dessert?" he asked.

You smiled and put a hand on your stomach. "I don't think I can eat anymore." You said.

Nate smiled and nodded. "How about a dessert rain check?" he offered.

"That sounds like a deal." You said.

Nate drove you both home and walked inside with you. You both got pajamas on and got in bed since it was pretty late. Nate wrapped his arms around you and kissed the side of your head.

"I love you, Y/N." he smiled.

"I love you too, Nate." You said and kissed him gently. "Night."

"Night." He smiled.

He reached over you and turned the light off, then pulled you close against him. The two of you dozed off holding each other, worn out from your date.