Breaking and Making Up - Michael Latta (Requested)

When you started dating Michael, you thought that you would be able to handle everything. The late games, the travelling, the fans, the stress, none of it bothered you. What did bother you was the fact that you were seeing Michael less and less. The games weren't keeping him away from home, it was this new group of friends he had. He was always going out and always coming home late, and you were getting tired of it. It wouldn't be so bad if his new friends could tolerate you, but every time you went with Michael to hang out with them, his friends made you feel like you were an outcast. Tonight wasn't any different, and Michael was out late after a game with his friends. You waited for him at home, having a bag packed and sitting on the couch next to you. When he finally walked in the door, it was almost two in the morning and you were ready to go off on him. You took a deep breath, and composed yourself before you spoke.

"How was the bar?" you asked him.

"It was fun." He said. "Why are you still awake, I told you not to wait up for me?"

You sighed and stood up, grabbing the handle of your bag. "I'm leaving Michael." You told him bluntly.

"What?" he asked you clearly caught off guard.

"I love you, I do, but I can't do this anymore. You barely see me and when you do, you're on the phone with these new friends of yours. I handled it for as long as I could, but it's just getting worse." You said.

"Babe why didn't you just talk to me about it?" he asked you.

"I've tried talking to you several times, but you're either out or you're too tired to deal with it." You said. "I'm going to stay at a hotel tonight and I'll come and get my stuff tomorrow." You said and got your jacket on.

"Y/N, please don't do this. Give me another chance." Michael pleaded.

"I've given you too many chances, Michael. I'm done getting taken for granted." You said. "Goodnight." You said and walked out of the house and to your car. You put the bag in the back seat and got into the driver's seat.

Michael followed you out and knocked on the window. "Baby please don't do this, I can't be without you." he said through the glass.

You shook your head and wiped away the tears that were starting to fall. "Goodbye, Michael." You said and pulled out of the driveway, heading to the hotel.

By the time you got checked into your room, you had eighteen missed called from Michael and twenty-two texts. You turned your phone off and lay in bed to get some sleep. It was hard to leave him, but you knew that it had to be done.

The next day, you called Michael's friend and teammate Tom to come over and help you get your stuff. You didn't have a lot of stuff at Michael's, but you wanted someone there to keep Michael from trying to sucker you into staying. Tom picked you up at the hotel and drove you to Michael's house. When he pulled into the driveway, you felt an uneasy feeling in your stomach. You took a breath and then looked over at Tom.

"You can do this. I'll be right there." Tom said, knowing that you were reconsidering this.

You nodded and got unbuckled.

The two of you walked to the door and Tom knocked. After a few minutes, Michael opened the door and looked at you both. His eyes were red and puffy, his hair was a mess, and he was still in the same clothes from the night before.

"We're here to get Y/N's stuff." Tom said.

"Sure." Michael said softly, his voice scratchy, and let you both in.

You walked inside with Tom and headed upstairs to gather your clothes. As you got your clothes together and in suitcases, you heard footsteps coming into the room. You assumed it was Tom, so you turned to ask him something but saw Michael there instead.

"I'm almost done." You told him and went back to packing.

"I cut them off." Michael said.

"What?" you asked, looking over to him.

"Those friends...I cut them off totally. I told them I didn't want to be around them anymore. You're way more important to me than some fake friends." He said.

You looked at him and crossed your arms. "Michael, what happens when you're back hanging out with them in a week?"

"I won't." he said. "I promise on everything I have that I'm not going back to those people. I learned my lesson, and I saw what just a few hours without you was like, and I hated it." He said and held your face gently. "Please, baby, just come home. I'll prove to you that I can do better for you and for us."

You looked up at him and something in his eyes told you that he was telling the truth. "Michael..." you said softly.

"Please." He pleaded with you. "I can't live without you, Y/N." he choked out.

You wrapped your arms around his neck and pulled him into a hug. "It's going to take some time for me to trust you..." you said.

"I'll wait as long as I need to, just come home." He begged, looking at you.

You wiped the tears from his eyes and kissed his chin gently. "One more shot." You said softly.

"Thank you so much." He said and wrapped his arms around you in a tight hug.

You hugged him back and rubbed his back to calm him down. Once he was calmed down, you explained things to Tom and got your stuff out of his car. You brought it inside and unpacked. It was going to take some time, but you wanted to make this work. You loved Michael, and you knew that Michael loved you.