Selfies and DM's - Tyler Seguin (Requested)

It all started when you won the "Seguin Selfie" contest at the game on your birthday. You went with your mom and sister to the Dallas game and entered to win a selfie with Tyler Seguin. When you got the text that you were the winner, you almost jumped over your chair with excitement. Tyler was incredibly sweet with you and seemed a little shyer than you were. When you got home that night, you were checking your Instagram when you noticed that Tyler had liked your picture, and followed you. You were ecstatic, and it only got better when he sent you a direct message.

'Hey, Y/N. I know this is probably kind of weird, but I was wondering if you were free tomorrow. I would love to take you to lunch and maybe get to know you better.' He sent.

You shot up in bed and looked at your phone, staring at the message. Tyler Seguin, your favorite player, had just asked you to lunch. You composed yourself before you replied. 'Hi Tyler. I am completely free tomorrow and would love to go to lunch.' You sent.

Almost instantly, he replied. 'Great! My number is xxx-xxx-xxxx. I figure it'll be easier to talk through texts.'

You stared at his number for a good three minutes before punching it into your phone. You took a breath and sent a text. 'Hey, this is Y/N. Now you've got my number too.'

'Thank you! So how does a picnic sound?' Tyler replied.

'That sounds perfect.' You sent.

He sent you the name of a park where the two of you could meet for your picnic. You both confirmed the plans before you fell asleep. The next morning, you woke up and took a shower before deciding on what to wear. It was a perfect seventy-eight degree day outside so you decided on a pair of denim shorts and a cute short-sleeved flannel shirt. You put your hair in a French braid and put on a light layer of makeup. You got on some gray lace-up Vans and waited a few minutes before driving to the park that Tyler told you to meet him at. When you parked your car, your stomach began doing flips, and you took a few deep breaths to try and calm down. Once you were calm, you got out of your car and looked around at the park. As you scanned the area, you felt your phone buzzing.

You opened your messages and saw a text from Tyler. 'Look in front of you.' it said.

You smiled and looked up, seeing Tyler standing by a bench, basket in hand. He waved at you and smiled. You walked over to him and pushed a stray wisp of hair back, nervously.

"Hello." Tyler smiled.

"Hi." You said softly.

"You look absolutely beautiful." He said smiling.

"Thank you." you smiled. "You're not so bad yourself." You said.

He smiled and nodded. "Thanks." He said. "So I have the perfect spot for our picnic." He said.

"Well lead the way." You smiled.

Tyler held his arm out for you and let you link yours in his. When you did so, he walked you through the park and down a path into a wooded area. He asked about you and your hobbies while you walked to his picnic spot. After a short walk, you both came upon a grassy area right next to a crystal clear stream. The sun was blocked by a large tree that stood next to the grassy area. Tyler looked over at you and smiled, getting a blanket out of the basket and laying it down.

"Tyler this is beautiful." You said, admiring the area.

"It really is." He smiled. "I found this place when I was walking my dogs and I kept coming here to think or just have a break." He said, setting the picnic basket down.

You smiled and nodded. "Well it's a great spot." You said and sat with him on the blanket.

"I hope you like peanut butter and jelly. I was going to bring some fancy steak or something, but I didn't want to scare you off." Tyler smiled.

You blushed and nodded. "Well I love peanut butter and jelly." You smiled.

"Good." He smiled.

He got the plates ready and handed you yours. He had sandwiches, watermelon, and some baked Lay's chips on each plate. He got out two bottles of lemonade and handed one to you for a drink. The two of you ate your lunch and talked, getting to know more about each other. The more the two of you talked, the more you both fell for the other. When you both finished eating, Tyler cleaned up the mess, putting everything back into the basket.

"That was a really nice lunch, Tyler." You smiled.

"Thank you." he smiled and looked at the stream. He smirked to himself and then looked at you. "Come on." He said and stood up.

You looked up at him and stood with him. "Where?" you asked.

"Just come on." He smiled and held your hand. He walked you to the stream and sat on the ground next to it. He took his shoes off and then his socks, setting them behind him.

"What are you doing?" you asked, smiling.

"Relaxing." He smiled and scooted forward, putting his feet into the water. "I promise there's no fish in here that will bite you." he said.

You smiled and sat next to him, taking your shoes and socks off and setting them behind you. You put your feet into the cool water and smiled. "This is nice." You said.

Tyler nodded and smiled. "It really is." He said looking at you. "So for a first date, how was this?" he asked, almost timidly.

You smiled at him. "Tyler, it was great. Probably the best first date I've been on." You admitted.

He smiled and nodded. "Good, I'm glad." He said. "Is there anything that would make it better?" he asked.

You felt your cheeks turning pink and you smiled. "Maybe one thing." You said.

"Yeah?" he smirked. "Tell me." He said and nudged your arm gently.

You smiled and shrugged. "I don't know, I don't want to make things weird." You said shyly.

"Can I guess?" he asked.

"Sure." You smiled.

Without warning, Tyler leaned in and kissed your lips gently. He let the kiss go on for a minute before pulling away gently and smiling at you. "Was that it?" he asked softly.

You smiled and nodded. "That was it." You said.

He smiled and nodded. "I liked it." He said.

"I did too." You said.

The two of you sat and watched the water for a little while longer before you both got your shoes back on and walked back towards your car. Tyler stopped at his car and put the basket in the trunk before he walked you to your car. When you got there, Tyler stood in front of you and smiled.

"I had a lot of fun today, Y/N." he said.

"I did too. Thank you for asking me to lunch with you." you smiled.

"Thank you for saying yes." He smiled. "So when is our second date?" he asked.

You smiled and thought for a moment. "How about we go to dinner after the game tomorrow?" you asked. "As long as you're not too tired." You added.

"I'll never be too tired for you, babe." He smiled.

"Well thank you." you smiled. "I'll see you tomorrow." You said.

"Yes you will." He smiled back at you.

You smiled and turned to get into your car, but stopped when Tyler's hand held your chin.

He held your chin gently and kissed you softly. "Bye, Y/N." he smiled.

You kissed back and smiled. "Bye." You said.

Tyler watched you as you pulled away, and then got into his car. You drove home and immediately called your best friend to tell her about your date. You couldn't wait for tomorrow.