Nervous News - Jamie Benn/Hannah (Contest)

If someone told Hannah that she was going to be married to her favorite hockey player, Jamie Benn, she would have told them they were crazy. Little did she know, that was going to turn out to be true. Hannah and Jamie dated for almost two years before Jamie proposed to her at the rink where they first met. They had a beautiful ceremony and an even better honeymoon. They had been back from their honeymoon for a month, and Hannah was feeling a little under the weather. She had been sick this morning, and she decided that since this was the fourth day of being sick in the morning, she would go to the doctor.

"Do you want me to skip practice today? I can run you to the doctor and make sure you're okay." Jamie asked.

Hannah smiled softly and shook her head. "Jamie, I can handle it. It's probably just a stomach bug or something. I'll let you know what's going on when I know okay?"

Jamie held her waist and nodded, kissing her gently. "As long as you let me know as soon as you know." He smiled.

"I will. Promise." She smiled and kissed him gently. "I'll see you later."

"I love you Mrs. Benn." Jamie smiled.

"I love you too, Mr. Benn." Hannah smiled and went to the doctor.

There wasn't too much of a wait, which was always a sign of a good day ahead. When she got into the actual room, the nurse asked her some questions and took her vitals. The nurse made a face at some of her results and walked out to talk to the doctor. Hannah thought that was a little strange, but she shrugged it off. Maybe one of the machines was reading funny. The doctor came in and shook her hand, introducing himself.

"So how are you doin' today, Mrs. Benn?" the doctor asked.

"Just a little sick to my stomach, and a little tired." She said.

"How long has that been going on?" the doctor asked.

Hannah thought for a moment. "Four days including today. Usually I feel better as the day goes on." She said.

"So the nausea goes away after the morning?" he asked.

She nodded. "Yeah I think so." She said.

The doctor nodded. "Well is there any possibility that you could be pregnant?" he asked.

Hannah thought for a moment. "Oh my God." She said softly.

When Jamie got home from practice, Hannah was already home, sitting on the couch. He smiled and walked over to her, placing a gentle kiss on her lips. She gave him a kiss back and smiled up at him.

"How was the doctor?" he asked.

"It was fine." She said. "How was practice?" she asked.

"It was fine." He said and looked at her, setting his bag down. "Did you find out what's wrong?" he asked.

Hannah nodded and bit her bottom lip. "Jamie, we need to have a little talk." She said.

"Why what's wrong?" he asked, sitting next to her on the couch. "Just tell me babe, I can take it." He said, holding her hands.

She took a deep breath and squeezed his hands gently. "Jamie, I'm pregnant." She said softly.

He stared at her for a minute before he spoke. "Pregnant?" he said softly. "As in we're having a baby?"

Hannah nodded. "That would be correct." She said softly.

"Oh wow." He said and looked at her. "We're having a baby." He said softly before he stood up and rubbed the back of his neck, pacing the living room floor.

"Babe I'm sorry, I know we weren't really trying." Hannah said softly.

"I haven't got a clue about parenting, Hannah. I'm always on the road and I get stressed out easily." Jamie said. "I don't know if I can do this, babe. What if I'm a horrible father? What if I do something wrong?"

Hannah had never seen Jamie act like this. Being the captain of a hockey team meant he was the cool and calm one. Seeing him this nervous and upset put her in the position to be the rock. "Baby." She said softly and walked over to him, holding his face in her hands. "You are going to be an amazing father. We can still have a baby around your schedule, a lot of people do. I know that it's new and it's a scary thought, but we're going to do just fine." She said softly.

Jamie looked down at her and smiled softly. "How is it that you always know the right things to say to calm me down?" he asked.

"Because I'm your wife." Hanna smiled. "We're going to get through this together, and there's going to be days where we have no idea what we're doing, but we're going to be okay." She said. "Promise."

Jamie smiled and nodded, leaning down to kiss her gently. "I love you, and I really am happy I'm just...nervous." He said softly.

"So am I." she smiled. "That's normal." She added and kissed him again. "We got this though. We're the Benns." She winked.

Jamie smiled and nodded. "We are." He said and put a hand on her belly gently. "All three of us." He said.