Meet The Malkins - Evgeni Malkin (Requested)

You paced the floor of the hotel you were staying at in Russia with your boyfriend, Evgeni. You were meeting his parents that day, and you had no idea how they would react to you. You had been with Evgeni for about eight months now, and last month he asked you to come to his hometown to meet his parents. Evgeni told his family about you, so they knew a little bit about you, but you had never met them. What if they didn't approve of you? What if you embarrass yourself in front of them? Your endless string of questions was interrupted by a sleepy-voiced Evgeni.

"Why are you up this early?" he asked, holding onto his pillow.

You looked over at him and frowned some. "I couldn't sleep." You told him.

"Why not?" he asked and sat up, wiping the sleep from his eyes.

"I'm nervous about today." You said. "What if they don't like me?" you asked.

He smiled softly at you. "Y/N, I've told them all about you, and they're excited to meet you. You're already a part of the family to them. Everything is going to be just fine." He said. "Let's get a little more sleep." He said and held the blanket open for you.

"Okay." You said and crawled under the blanket, curling up to him. "Sorry." You said softly.

"It's okay, babe." He said and kissed your head.

After the two of you got some more sleep, you both got dressed and ready to go to his parents' house. You got into a cab and rode into the town of Magnitogorsk, driving to the small home where Evgeni grew up. When you got there, Evgeni helped you out of the cab and walked you to the door. Before you could knock, the door opened and his mom smiled at the two of you.

"You're finally here!" she said excitedly.

"Hi, mom." Evgeni smiled at her, giving her a hug. "This is my girlfriend, Y/N." he said.

She smiled at you and held her arms out. "You are even prettier in person, Y/N." she smiled and hugged you.

"Thank you, it's nice to meet you, Mrs. Malkin." You said softly, hugging her back.

"Oh, sweetheart, call me Natalia." She smiled. "Come in, come in, it's chilly outside." She said, letting you and Evgeni inside.

You walked inside with them and held Evgeni's hand as you looked around the house. It was a comfortable little home, and you could tell that Natalia took great pride in it. Not a single thing was out of place, and the décor of the house was perfectly matched. Your admiration of the house was interrupted by a deep voice coming from the stairs.

"Is that my Geno?" a man asked.

Evgeni smiled up the stairs and nodded. "Hey, dad." He said, giving his dad a hug. "I want you to meet my beautiful girlfriend, Y/N." he said, pulling away.

His dad smiled and gave you a warm, but gentle hug. "It's nice to put a face to a name." he smiled. "I'm Vladimir, Evgeni's father."

You hugged him back and smiled. "It's nice to meet you." you said.

"Why don't you give Y/N the tour, and I'll make some cocoa?" Natalia smiled.

"Sure, mom." Evgeni smiled and took your hand gently.

He took you around the whole house, telling you stories of his time living there. You smiled at the various baby pictures, which caused Evgeni to blush. The tour ended in the back room by the sliding glass doors that led out onto a large patio. Evgeni stood behind you and wrapped an arm around your waist, using his other arm to point to a pond that was frozen over.

"See that pond back there?" he asked.

You looked over and smiled. "Yes I do."

"That's where I first learned to skate. I played my very first games of hockey on that pond." He smiled.

"So that's where the legend was born then, huh?" you teased.

Evgeni kissed your head and smiled. "You could say that." He winked. "Let's go see if cocoa is done." He said.

You followed him to the kitchen where Natalia was making mugs for everyone. You helped her carry the mugs into the living room where you all sat down to drink the hot chocolate and talk. Evgeni's parents asked all about you and made sure that you felt welcome and comfortable. You and Evgeni stayed over for dinner, and you helped Natalia with the cooking.

"I'm so glad Geno found someone like you. I was so worried that he would get his heart broken if he was a sports star." Natalia said. "You're perfect for him in every way, and I don't remember a time when he smiled this much." She smiled.

You smiled over at her. "Thank you, that means a lot to me, Natalia. I'm glad I met him, he's an incredible man." You smiled.

"An incredible man for an incredible young woman." She smiled. "Speaking of men, we better get them in here before they starve." She joked.

You called Evgeni and his dad into the kitchen so you all could eat. You could barely keep yourself from smiling, thinking about the little chat you had with Natalia. If you had any doubts about whether or not they liked you, they were gone now.

When you finished dinner, you and Evgeni did the cleanup. When everything was done, you both said your goodbyes to Natalia and Vladimir, before getting into the cab back to the hotel. You both got pajamas on and snuggled up in bed under the warmth of the comforter.

"Good day?" Evgeni asked you, kissing you gently.

"Great day." You kissed back, smiling.

"I'm glad you had as much fun as I did." He said, resting his head on your chest.

You wrapped your arms around him and smiled. "Me too." You said and dozed off, holding him close.