Ice Skating - Brandon Saad (Requested by JimmyJam96)

You had spent the entire day walking around downtown Chicago with your best friend Brandon Saad. You had met Brandon through your dad, who worked at the rink that the Chicago Blackhawks practiced at. You guys hit it off instantly, and had become incredibly close ever since. You would date him in a heartbeat if he asked, but he hadn't, so you let it be.

You both stopped at your favorite food place to have a late lunch. You sat at the bar they had, looking out the window onto the street. After a few minutes of eating, and people watching, Brandon cleared his throat.

"So some of the guys and I are gonna have a little Christmas party this weekend. We're probably gonna get some food and then we rented out an ice skating rink for after. We got a DJ too, so it'll be pretty cool." He started.

You smiled, trying not to get your hopes of him asking you out up. "That sounds like a blast." You said, trying to play it cool.

He gave you a smirk, and nodded. "Well it's kind of like a thing where you bring people that you care about." He said, almost unsure of what he was asking.

You nodded, feeling butterflies creep into your stomach. "Yes?" you asked, ushering him to continue.

He laughed softly, a bit nervously. "Right, um...I was wondering if maybe you'd like to come with me." He said.

You smiled softly, and bit your lower lip. You could see him blushing slightly, and that made you smile even more. "Go with you as a friend?" you asked.

He smiled and licked his lips before speaking again. "Well I was sort of hoping you'd come with me as my date."

Those very words warmed you right up. You smiled, your eyes twinkling, and nodded. "I would absolutely love to." You said.

"Really? Great! That's...thank you." He said smiling.

"But there's one tiny problem." You said, causing his smile to drop.

"What problem?" he asked.

"I don't know how to skate." You said, a bit ashamed. You had known Brandon for a long enough time that you should have learned to ice skate by now.

A playful smirk came across his face. "All this time of knowing me, and you don't know how to skate? I'm shocked, Y/N." he said teasing you.

You smirked, playfully shoving his arm gently.

You both spent the rest of your lunch talking about the party and planning when he would pick you up, what to bring, and all of those little details. He drove you home, and told you that he would be back to pick you up for the party on the following Saturday around four. You had two days to drown in your nerves until then. You were going on a date with Brandon Saad. Finally.

-----

Saturday came, and Brandon picked you up in some black jeans and a button up shirt, with a suit jacket over it. He was clean shaven, and had his hair done nicely for you. He handed you a single red rose when you got into his car. He was really pulling out all of the stops for you.

You had dinner with him and some of the other players and their dates. You all talked and laughed, and had a really fun time. It felt natural to you, being with Brandon as more than a friend. When he spoke with anyone else at the table, he'd gently hold your hand to make you feel like you were still included.

When you got to the rink, the whole room was decked out for Christmas, and the DJ had already set up and was playing some random music. Everyone split up to get their skates, and some couples headed out to the ice to start skating. Brandon got both of your skates, and walked you to a bench where you could both put them on. You laced yours up nervously, and put your feet on the ground to get a feel of standing on the skates.

"Brandon, how is this little blade supposed to hold me up?" you asked, making a funny face at your ice skates.

He smirked and touched your hand gently, after he laced his skates. "You'll do fine. I promise not to let you fall." He said sincerely before placing a light kiss on your cheek.

You stood up shakily, and Brandon held your arms gently to make sure you were steady, before he helped you walk over to the entrance of the rink. He helped you get on the ice, and held your waist gently. He told you how to get going, and held onto you until you were comfortable to try skating by yourself. When you gave him the okay, he stayed close to you, and held your hand gently; skating next to you to make sure you weren't going to fall.

After a few rounds, and almost falling a few times, you had the hang of it, and were skating around the rink, hand in hand, with Brandon. After a little while, the DJ announced that it was time for a guy's skate, and for the ladies to move to the middle of the ice. Brandon held your hands, and skated backwards to the middle, pulling you with him. You heard some snickers from the other girlfriends, and a few of the players. You looked over to Andrew Shaw and Patrick Kane who were whispering to each other, and pointing at you two.

Brandon looked over at them. "What is the big deal? Is there something we're missing?"

Andrew spoke up. "Mistletoe, Saader!" he said and pointed above you and Brandon's heads.

You both looked at each other, and then up at the ceiling where, sure enough, the decorators had hung mistletoe. Butterflies filled your stomach as you looked back down at him. "I suppose we should stick to tradition?" you suggested.

Brandon smiled and nodded. "We can't break the rules." He teased.

He cupped your cheeks in his hands gently, and smirked before leaning down to kiss you. The moment his lips touched yours, you smiled into the kiss, feeling the butterflies going crazy. You touched his wrists gently, and returned his kiss as you heard the other players cheering him on.

Brandon pulled away gently and ran a thumb across your bottom lip gently, smiling big at you.

You smiled back, and rubbed his arm gently. "You better get skatin' or I'll keep you here all night." You said, feeling a bit more confident.

"Y/N, are you flirting with me?" he asked playfully.

You smiled and blushed slightly, pushing his chest gently. "Get out there, Saad."

He smiled and placed a kiss on your knuckles, before skating off with the rest of the guys.

You spent the rest of the night glued to his side. Christmas wouldn't be here for a few days, but you were already pleased with your present; calling Brandon yours.