The Move - Kevin Fiala (Requested By: lani48116)

Kevin Fiala has been your friend since you were both in diapers, and he has been your boyfriend for three years now. You had supported him on his entire hockey journey and you were ecstatic for him when he was drafted to the Nashville Predators. You would spend most of the season with him at your rental house in Nashville, and got to as many away games as possible. Kevin always asked you to go to the practices as well, but you insisted on staying out of those because you didn't want to be a distraction. He kept telling you that you would be fine, but you were very adamant. Even though it was sometimes hard to be away from your boyfriend, you wouldn't change a single thing.

One day you were at home with Kevin making some food for lunch. The two of you liked to cook together so whenever he was home, you would take advantage of that. The two of you were chopping some vegetables to go into your homemade chicken noodle soup when Kevin got a call.

"Hang on." He said and answered his phone. "Hello? Yeah, what's up? Uh I was about to get lunch cooking." He said into the phone.

You had a feeling it was work related, so you got all of the vegetables into a bowl and put a lid on it, setting it into the fridge. "We'll save this for dinner." You mouthed to him.

He nodded to you and continued listening. "Okay is it bad? Alright. Okay I'll be there as soon as I can. Bye." He said and hung up his phone.

"Meeting?" you asked him.

"Yeah they said it's urgent. I'm so sorry babe, I'll make it up to you I promise." He said, kissing you gently.

"Babe, don't worry about it. When you get home we'll just make that stuff up for dinner." You smiled up at him.

Kevin smiled and kissed you again. "I love you."

"Love you too."

He got his stuff and drove to the rink to go to his meeting. You put the rest of the food away and did a few dishes before sitting down to watch a movie. You got through all of Mean Girls and Kevin still wasn't back. Normally when there was a long meeting, it only took about an hour, so you figured it must have been really important. As you started the next movie, you saw headlights pull up in the driveway. You turned the T.V off and waited for Kevin to walk in and greet you with a big bear hug and a kiss, like always. This time it was different.

Kevin walked in and set his bag down, rubbing the back of his neck some. "Hey." He said in an almost somber tone.

You looked at him for a moment. "Hey...what's up?" you asked him.

"Nothin." He said and sat down on the couch next to you. He leaned his elbows on his knees and sighed.

"Babe talk to me." You said softly and rubbed his back gently.

Kevin took a deep breath and then spoke. "They're sending me to Milwaukee." He said.

You furrowed your brow at him. "What do you mean they're sending you to Milwaukee?"

"They're dropping me down to the Milwaukee Admirals. They want me over there next week. I'm so bad they're kicking me off the team." He said, and you swore you heard his voice crack.

"Hey..." You said and rubbed his back again. "That is not what that means. They're probably just trying to give other players a chance right now, and they want to give you some more time to practice and build your strength. It doesn't mean they're kicking you off the team babe."

Kevin held his face in his hands and sighed. "We're going to have to move to Milwaukee. I know we just got comfortable here." He said.

You smiled softly and kissed his shoulder gently. "We didn't just get comfortable here baby. We're gonna get through this it'll be okay. As long as I've got you." you nudged his arm.

He smiled softly and nodded, pulling you into a side hug. "You always know how to make me feel better; you know that, Y/N?"

You smiled. "I know. Let's have some dinner and then we'll just relax tonight okay?"

Kevin nodded and kissed you gently.

The two of you spent the rest of the night relaxing and the next few days packing to move to Milwaukee. By the end of the week, you were settled into your apartment and making a smooth transition. Kevin was even getting back to his usual self, which you loved. More importantly, you got to see him more often since he wasn't travelling as much. Maybe this shift wasn't as bad as it seemed.