Baby Benn - Jamie Benn (Requested By: Karlsson6501)

You had just got off the phone with your husband Jamie, telling him that you would meet him at the airport when he got home from his road trip the next day. He was a little apprehensive about you waiting at the airport given your current state, but you were very stubborn and wanted to be there. You looked down at your large belly and rubbed it gently, smiling softly.

"You just gotta wait a couple more days. At least until daddy comes home." You said to your belly.

You were nine months pregnant with Jamie's baby and you were going to pop any day. Jamie didn't want to go on this recent road trip in case he missed the birth, but you made sure he went. You promised him he wouldn't miss the birth and you were trying your best to keep that promise. You had a few cramp-like pains in your stomach, but nothing too major. You looked at the clock and saw that it was getting late and you knew you had to get up early. Jamie's flight was going to arrive at seven the next morning, and you needed to get there by six. You got your pajamas on and lay in the big bed that you would normally share with Jamie. You fell asleep fairly fast and dreamt of your family with Jamie.

You woke up a few hours later and looked at your phone; four in the morning. You felt your stomach acting up again and thought you had a contraction. You held your belly and took a deep breath. Maybe it was just gas? You sat up in bed and took a few deep breaths, but then another pain came. You decided to get up and try going to the bathroom; maybe that was what all the pain was about?

You stood up and felt another pain; this was definitely a contraction. You decided it was better to be safe than sorry, so you called your friend.

"Hello?" she asked tiredly.

"Hey, I'm so sorry to bother you but I think I'm having contractions." You said trying to remain calm.

"Oh..oh! Okay well I'll get some shoes on and I'll be right over there alright?" she said.

You nodded and held your belly, sliding your slippers on. "Okay please hurry." You said.

"I will hun." She said and hung up.

You put your jacket on and waddled downstairs to wait for your friend. She pulled up in the driveway and you waddled to her car, climbing in. She drove you both to the hospital and got you into the waiting room of the emergency room. A nurse came over to see you and make sure that you were okay. As you sat in the wheelchair they brought you, you felt a liquid pooling in the seat.

"Um...m-my water just broke." You said.

"What?!" your friend gasped.

"Okay we need to get you into a room." The nurse said.

"No, I can't be going into labor yet, Jamie isn't here." You said, feeling tears brimming at your eyes.

Your friend held your hand gently. "I'm calling him right now." She said and dialed his number.

You got to a room and they got you into a gown. When you were changed into the gown, you laid back onto the bed and took deep breaths. The contractions were happening sooner and sooner. As you worked through another one, your friend entered the room.

"Jamie's not answering, it's going right to voicemail." She said.

You looked at the clock on the wall and nodded. "He's probably on the plane now." You said and rubbed your belly. "Wait for daddy baby, please."

"He'll be here." She said and rubbed your arm.

A few hours had passed and you got the text from Jamie that his plane landed. You told your friend and she called him immediately. When the phone started to ring, she put it on speaker and sat next to you.

"Hello?" Jamie's voice spoke.

"Hey Jamie it's Y/F/N. I've got you on speaker with Y/N." she said.

"Hey baby." You said.

You could hear the smile in his voice. "Hey where are you sweetheart?"

"In the hospital." You blurted out. "I'm in labor." You said.

"You what?! Okay don't do anything don't have the baby yet, don't let your water break yet." He said.

"We're already past that." You told him and groaned feeling another contraction starting.

"Okay baby I'll be there as soon as I can I promise. I love you." he said and hung up.

"Love you too." You winced and grabbed your friend's arm. "They're really close together now." You whimpered.

"Just hold off until Jamie gets here hun, you can do this." She reassured you.

The contractions were closer and closer together and the nurses began prepping you for the birth. You leaned back on the bed and held the railings tight, waiting for Jamie to come through the door. The doctor ushered your friend out and stood next to you.

"Alright miss, you're going to have to start pushing in a few minutes the baby is coming." He said.

"No I can't, not yet." You said. Just as you uttered the last word, the door flew open.

"Daddy is here!" Jamie said and rushed to the side of the bed in a gown and a cap to keep the germs out. "I'm here baby." He said and held your hand, kissing you gently. "I love you baby." He smiled.

You smiled up at him and kissed him. "I love you so much. I promised I'd wait for you." you smiled.

"I know baby but right now you have to push." He said and kissed your head, holding your hand.

"Okay. Okay." You said and began the pushing.

After only half an hour, you heard the cries from your newborn son. The doctors congratulated you and Jamie and then took your son to be cleaned and checked. Jamie pushed your hair back and wiped your face gently with a wet towel, peppering your face with kisses. A few minutes later, the nurse walked in with your new baby boy.

"Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Benn." He said and handed the little bundle of joy to you.

You held your son and smiled down at him. "Hi baby. I'm you're mommy." You told him.

Jamie sat next to you and smiled, looking at your baby boy. "I'm daddy." He smiled.

You sniffled away your happy tears and held him close to you. "We love you so much."

Jamie smiled and nodded, rubbing your son's cheek with his pinky. "Thank you for waiting for me, bud." He winked.

You smiled over at him and kissed Jamie gently.

The doctor came in and smiled. "We need a name for this little man."

Jamie looked at you and smiled. You smiled back at him and nodded. "His name is James Jordie Benn." You told him.

The doctor wrote it down and smiled. "Well welcome to the world, James."

When he left, you handed James to Jamie and let him hold him while you snuggled up to Jamie's shoulder. You listened to Jamie humming a song to comfort James, and you found yourself dozing off as well. You might have been tired, but you were certainly the happiest woman in the world.