Shy - Vlad Namestnikov (Requested)

You and your best friend Lena were always looking for a good time. Most people assumed you were both big partiers, but neither of you drank or anything, you just liked to hang out with people. When Lena heard about a karaoke night at your favorite sports bar, she immediately called you.

"Y/N we have to go, it'll be a new experience for the both of us." Lena smiled.

You shook your head and smiled. "I don't know Lena, I'm not comfortable singing in front of a group of people."

"You don't have to sing, we can just watch other people sing and maybe find some strapping young lads for ourselves." Lena teased.

"Oh yeah, because I have such luck with guys." You teased back.

"Come on, you're beautiful, young, funny, and sweet. We'll find you a great guy, I just know it. I'll pick you up at seven." Lena smiled.

"See you then." You said.

You got a little bit of makeup on and changed into a cute sweater with some tight jeans. You left your hair down and wavy, and then got your shoes on. You heard Lena honk her horn, so you walked out of your house and got into her car. The two of you drove to the bar and walked inside. When you got in, you noticed a couple of guys at the bar who were surrounded by a group of guys and girls.

"Are they famous or something?" you asked, looking at Lena.

"I don't know. Maybe they're just popular." She shrugged.

You looked over and saw a young, blonde guy in the midst of the group. He was really handsome and you couldn't help but stare at him for a moment.

The guy looked at you and smiled, winking at you.

You smiled back, feeling your cheeks turning red. You looked at Lena who had a smirk on her face. "What?" you asked.

"Do you like that guy?" she asked, smiling.

"What? I don't even know him, he could have a girlfriend for all I know." You said, trying not to seem obvious.

Lena smiled. "Well go ask him then."

"Maybe after the crowd leaves him." You said.

Lena got you both a tall table and sat with you. The two of you ordered some virgin daiquiris and watched people singing karaoke. As the night went on, you and the mystery man at the bar continued to exchange smiles and glances. Lena kept trying to get you to go up and talk to him, but something about him made you nervous.

"What's the absolute worst thing that could happen, Y/N?" Lena asked.

"I completely choke up and he laughs at me, then throws a drink at my face." You said.

Lena giggled and shook her head. "No, probably not. The worst thing that could happen is he says he's not interested. Judging by his staring, though, I don't think that will be an issue."

You bit your bottom lip and took a deep breath. "Okay, I'll go up and just ask what brings him here."

"Try just striking up a conversation. Just go with the flow." Lena said.

"Do I look okay?" you asked.

"You look just fine." She smiled.

You took another breath and got up off of your chair and pushed your hair back. As you went to turn around, you noticed Lena looking over your shoulder, following the movement of someone, you assumed. You looked at her for a clue as to who she was watching, but she smiled at you and stood up.

"I've gotta use the restroom." She said and walked to the bathrooms.

You gave her a strange look and then heard a voice from behind you.

"Excuse me, miss?" the man said.

You turned and saw the guy from earlier who you were just about to go say hello to. "Hi." You said softly. He was even cuter in person.

"Um, hello." He smiled. "I'm sorry, I don't normally do this kind of thing." He said shyly.

You smiled when you realized that he was just as shy as you were. "I don't either. I was actually just coming over to say hi to you." you said.

He smiled at you when you said that. "Really?" he asked. "Well then I don't feel as nervous. I thought that maybe you wouldn't like me." He admitted.

You smiled. "I think you seem like a really nice guy, I just thought you were busy with some of those other people."

"No, they're just around me because of my team." He said. "I play hockey for the Tampa Bay Lightning." He said.

"Oh, really? That's great. My dad loves the Lightning." You smiled. "I'm Y/N." you said. "I never introduced myself."

"It's very nice to meet you, Y/N. I'm Vlad." He said and shook your hand gently. "May I buy you a drink?" he asked kindly.

You smiled and nodded. "You may." You said. "As long as you'll sit with my while I drink it." You said.

"Of course." Vlad smiled.

Lena saw the two of you sitting at the table, so she headed to the bar to talk to some of the regulars she knew. You and Vlad ordered drinks and talked to each other for the rest of the night. The two of you were both glad that you both overcame your shyness, because if you hadn't, neither of you would have met the love of their life.