The Parade - Sidney Crosby (Requested)

Every year for St. Patrick's Day, there was a parade in your hometown. This was the first year that your parents weren't joining you because they were on a float for your dad's bowling league. You were given the task of watching your two nieces, Lily and Emma. You walked with them to a nice viewing spot for the parade and gave them each a plastic bag for the candy they caught. There were a decent amount of people, but there weren't nearly as many people as last year. You looked down and noticed that Lily had wandered off and was talking to a young man who was kneeling down. You held Emma's hand and walked over to the man.

"Lily! You know not to wander and you know not to talk to strangers." You reminded the six year old.

Lily looked up at you and smiled. "Y/N, he's not a stranger I see him on T.V." she said.

You looked at the young man and recognized him from the hockey games that your father watched. "You're...um...I'm so sorry I can't think of your name." you told him.

Lily smiled at you. "He's Cromby." She giggled.

The man looked up at you and stood up, holding his hand out and smiling. "I'm Sidney Crosby." He said.

"Sidney, it's very nice to meet you. I'm sorry about Lily, she tends to wander." You said to him, shaking his hand.

Sidney smiled and shrugged. "It's not a problem. You should probably get back to your boyfriend though before he gets mad." He said.

Lily smiled and giggled.

You smiled shyly and shook your head. "He might if I had one, but I don't. These are my nieces." You explained.

Sidney smiled and nodded. "Well good." He said. "Do you girls have a good spot?" he asked.

Emma nodded and pointed to the spot where you had been standing which was now occupied by a family of six. "They took our spot." The four year old whined.

"Well we can find another spot, I'm sure." You told her.

Sidney smiled at you. "I've got a pretty decent spot right here if you would like to join me."

You smiled and looked down at Lily and Emma and then at Sidney. "You know what, that would be really great. Thank you, Sidney."

"You're welcome..." he said looking at you since he never got your name.

"Y/N." you smiled. "This is Lily and this is Emma." You told him.

Sidney smiled and shook their hands. "It's very nice to meet you both, I'm Sidney." He said.

Lily smiled at him. "I'm gonna call you Cromby." She giggled.

"Me too." Emma chimed in.

Sidney smirked and nodded. "Alright but just you two, okay?" he winked.

You smiled down at him and mouthed 'thank you' to him, earning a nod back from him.

After a few minutes, the parade began and Lily and Emma waved and cheered for candy. Sidney knelt by them and helped catch some candy for them. You had only seen a few games and a handful of interviews, but from what you could tell Sidney was a decent guy. When your parents rode by on their float, your dad gave you a look when he saw who you were standing with. He smiled and winked at you, giving you a thumbs-up. Your cheeks turned pink and you looked away shyly. Sidney noticed and stood up by you.

"You're cute when you blush." He noted.

You smiled and felt your cheeks getting warm again. "You're making it worse." You teased.

Sidney smiled and nudged your arm gently.

You watched the rest of the parade with Sidney and the girls and when it was over, Sidney let Lily get on his shoulders while you carried Emma. The four of you went to the high school parking lot where all of the floats ended up. Sidney kept an eye on you to make sure that no one got lost as you looked for your parents.

"Y/N!" you heard your mom's voice. You turned towards the sound and smiled at her, waving.

Sidney followed you to your mom and dad and put Lily back down. "Your float was amazing." He said.

Your dad smiled and nodded. "Thank you very much. I'm a huge fan." He said.

You smiled and handed Emma to your mom while Sidney talked with your dad.

When they finished their talk, your dad smiled at you. "Well we have to take the girls home, where are you two headed?"

Your cheeks turned pink and out of the corner of your eyes, you saw Sidney smiling. "Oh, I didn't ask or anything I figured he had somewhere to be."

Sidney smiled and shrugged. "I'm free for the weekend. Maybe we could go grab a bite to eat?" he suggested.

You smiled and nodded. "I'd like that." You told him.

"Me too." He said. "I can drive us if you'd like, and then I can take you home afterwards."

"That would be great, thank you." you smiled.

Sidney smiled and said goodbye to Lily, Emma, and your parents and walked with you to his car. The crowds were still pretty large so he put his hand on the small of your back to keep you close to him. When you got to his car he opened the door for you and shut it after you were inside. He got in and buckled before starting the car and asking where you wanted to go. You suggested your favorite diner which was just down the road. The two of you walked inside and got a booth towards the back so that no one would bother you while you ate. You slid in and let Sidney sit across from you.

"This is a cool little place." He told you. "I'm glad you suggested it." He smiled.

"I love it here." You smiled. "Thank you for bringing me."

"Thank you for letting me." He winked.

The two of you ordered your food and talked about yourselves. You told him about your hobbies and the things you were interested in, and he told you about his hockey career and his hobbies off the ice. You talked throughout your whole meal, discovering that you had a lot in common with him. He made you laugh a lot and you seemed to have the same effect on him. When he smiled at you his whole face lit up and his eyes sparkled. When the two of you finished your food, Sidney picked up the tab. He walked you back to the car and opened the door for you again. He drove you back to your apartment and walked you to your door.

You stopped at your door and smiled. "This is my stop." You said.

"Glad I could assist you." Sidney winked.

"Thank you for lunch and thank you for being so sweet with the girls. You're a really great guy." You said sincerely.

He smiled and nodded. "Well thank you for coming with me. You're really cool too, Y'N."

You smiled and nodded. "I should probably get inside, huh?"

Sidney smiled. "I suppose so." He said. "Listen, could I give you my number? Maybe we can do this again." He said.

You smiled and nodded at him. "Sure, I'd like that a lot." You told him and handed him your phone.

He typed his number into your phone and sent a text to his phone. "Now I have your number too." He smiled.

"Good." You smiled. "Thank you again for today." You said and held your arms out for a hug.

"Not a problem, hun." He smiled and hugged you warmly. When he pulled away, he placed a gentle kiss on your cheek. "I'll see you soon okay?"

You smiled and nodded, feeling butterflies in your stomach. "Definitely."

"See you later, Y/N." Sidney smiled.

"Bye, Sidney." You smiled.

You walked inside your apartment and when the door was shut, you leaned against the door with a huge grin on your face. You made a mental note to thank Lily next time you saw her. You got changed and waited for a text from Sidney so you could plan your next outing. When you got the text, you couldn't help but smile to yourself as you read it.

'Hey it's Sidney. Remind me to give Lily an ice cream cone next time I see her. She gets a treat for introducing me to you. ; )'