Sibling Perks - Evgeni Malkin (Requested)

Your brother Sidney had always wanted you to see him play hockey at a game. You had wanted to catch a game for a long time, but your college and work schedules were just not allowing you to. You finally caught a break on your winter recess, and as soon as you landed back home, you made plans to see one of Sidney's games. He got you tickets with the rest of the families, and even arranged a spot for you to watch the team's practice. He was excited for you to finally see him in action, and not just on a TV screen in your dorm.

The day of the game, you were up early and dressed before you normally woke up. You were in tight jeans, a black sweater, and your brown boots. You had your hair down and put on a Penguins beanie that Sidney had sent you in the college care package he made for you. You grabbed your coat and got in the car when Sidney pulled into the driveway.

"Hey short stuff." He teased, smiling.

"Hey how are you?" you asked, leaning over the middle console to hug him.

"I'm great. Ready to watch us practice?" he asked, driving to the arena.

"Definitely, I've even been reading up on the hockey lingo." You joked.

"You would." He muttered, smirking.

Sidney drove you to the arena and walked you in the players' entrance. He got you situated on the bench to watch the practice, and then headed into the locker room to change. You took a few pictures on your phone and watched the ice get smoothed down by a Zamboni. Players started to trickle onto the ice to start stretching and warming up. You crossed your legs and got comfortable, seeing Sidney skating out.

"Don't be too distracting now, Y/N." he winked.

"Me? I'm never distracting." You joked.

As you watched the warm ups, you noticed one player who was eyeing you a lot. You figured he was just shocked to see you there. He would watch you and smile at you a lot, causing you to feel butterflies. There was a 71 on his helmet which you made a mental note of. You were going to ask Sidney about this smiley player later. After the practice, Sidney skated over to you and smiled.

"So what did you think?" he asked.

"It was great. This is really cool to see." You smiled.

"Good I'm glad you liked it. We were all thinking about going to lunch if you wanna join us." He said.

"That sounds great." You said.

Sidney changed and walked you out to the car. He drove you to one of his favorite spots and walked inside with you, getting a booth. You slid in next to him and looked at the menu while you waited for the other team members to get there.

"Hey which guy is seventy-one?" you asked him.

"That's Malkin. Evgeni Malkin, he's a center." He said.

You nodded and left it at that. At least now you knew the name of your smiling player. You had lunch with some of the team, and headed back to the arena until the game started.

As you were waiting for the game to start, you saw someone in a black shirt walking over to you. You looked up to meet eyes with Evgeni. You felt the butterflies start up again and you put on a polite smile.

"Hello." He said sweetly, smiling at you.

"Hi." You said. "How are you?" you asked.

"I'm good and how about yourself?" he asked.

"I'm good. Glad I can finally see a game in person." You said, smiling.

"Yeah Sidney said he was bringing his sister." He said and gestured to the spot next to you.

You nodded to him and slid over so he could sit by you. "Yeah we've been trying to get me to a game, but my work and college schedules have been pretty hectic." You said.

"Oh what are you studying?" he asked.

You told him what you were studying and which major and minor you had in mind. After a few minutes you felt yourself blushing. "I'm sorry I've totally been rambling." You said.

Evgeni had a smile on his face and he shook his head. "Not at all, I like hearing it. You're very driven and goal oriented it seems." He said.

"Well thank you." you said and smiled.

"Anytime." He said.

The two of you spent most of the remaining time before the game talking and getting to know one another. You both seemed to hit it off really well, and even flirted back and forth a few times. You liked Evgeni, and from the way he was talking and smiling you had a feeling he might like you too. Eventually he had to go get ready for the game, so you walked him to the locker room.

"Hey maybe we can get a bite to eat after the game." He suggested.

"I would like that a lot." You said, smiling up at him.

"Great. Meet me out here afterwards?" he asked.

"Sure." You said and smiled. "Good luck out there, Evgeni."

He leaned down and kissed your cheek gently. "Thank you, Y/N." he said and headed into the locker room, before stopping to turn to you. "By the way, you're much cuter than your brother." He smiled, winking.

You couldn't help but smile, blushing once again.