Your First Game - Adam Henrique (Requested)

Two years ago, your dad got you interested in hockey, more specifically, the New Jersey Devils. You and your dad would watch every single game together; it had kind of become your thing. When Christmas rolled around, your dad bought you a Henrique jersey since he was your favorite player. You continued to watch the games with your dad, wearing your jersey each time. On one game day, you were helping your mom make some lunch when your dad came in the house with a huge grin on his face.

"What's up dad?" you smiled.

"I've got the best surprise for you." he said. "But first, I've got some bad news." He said.

You looked at him and nodded. "Okay what's up?" you asked, putting plates on the table.

"The bad news is I've got some extra work to do today so I won't be able to watch the game with you." he said.

You were a bit bummed out considering how you would always watch the game with him. "Well that's okay, we can record it and watch it later." You suggested.

Your dad smiled. "Well we won't be able to do that either because you'll be at the arena." He said.

You looked at him for a moment, unsure if you just understood him correctly. "What?"

"You and a friend are going to the game tonight. You also have a special meeting with the team afterwards." He said.

Your eyes went wide as you watched your dad hand you the tickets. "I'm going to the game?" you asked.

He smiled and nodded. "Surprise." He said.

You smiled and hugged him as tight as you could. "Thank you so much dad, you are seriously the best." You smiled.

"Well hurry up and eat lunch and find out who you're taking." He said, hugging back.

You smiled and looked at your mom. "Do you wanna go with me? I don't think anyone will be able to go this last minute. Plus you like the team too." You smiled.

Your mom smiled. "I would love to go with you. Let's eat lunch and then we'll get ready to go, okay?"

"Okay." You smiled and sat down to eat.

You all ate lunch and then cleaned up before your dad headed back to the office. You and your mom got dressed and ready to head downtown for the game. You put on your jersey and put some loose curls in your hair. You practically ran down the stairs to get your jacket and shoes on. Your mom got her Devils shirt on and her jacket and came downstairs to meet you. She drove the two of you to the arena and you both walked around inside to see the arena where your favorite team played. You were in absolute awe at the atmosphere of it all. The two of you went to your seats which were directly behind the team bench.

When the team came out for warmups on the ice, you could barely contain yourself. Your eyes immediately scanned the players to find Adam Henrique. When you saw him, you smiled, snapping a picture on your phone. As he skated past you, he smiled at you, tossing you a puck. You caught it and mouthed a 'Thank you' to him as the teams went back to the dressing room before the game.

You watched the game with your mom and the Devils ended up winning the game by three points. After the game, your mom walked you to the box office and showed the ticket person your VIP pass. The lady called a guard to walk you back to the team. Before you headed back, your mom wished you luck and gave you a hug. The guard walked you down a long hallway and then got into an elevator with you. You both walked out on the ground floor and headed towards the dressing room.

"I'll go check to make sure they're all dressed and then come get you." the guard said.

"Okay." You smiled softly and waited nervously as he walked into the dressing room. You could barely believe that your favorite team was only a door away from you.

After a few minutes, the guard came out and smiled. "Come on in, miss." He said.

You walked in with him and saw the team all sitting in their team shirts, some of them were still in their hockey pants and others were in shorts. You smiled and waved to all of them. "Hi."

The players each took their time with you, signing your jersey and taking pictures with you. They were all very sweet to you and you thanked them all for being so nice with you and congratulated them on the win. The last player to come up to you was Adam, and you felt butterflies as he approached you.

"Hi." He said smiling.

"Hi." You said and smiled back at him. "You did really great out there." You said.

"Well thank you." he smiled. "I saw you a lot during the game; you were cheering a lot for us."

You smiled and nodded feeling your cheeks turning pink. "Yeah I love you guys." You said. "Um, would you mind signing my jersey and the puck you gave me?" you asked shyly.

"Sure." He smiled and got a Sharpie. He signed your jersey and then signed the puck. "What's your name?"

"Y/N." you said.

He signed the puck and handed it to you with a smile on his face. "Did you want a picture too?" he asked sweetly.

"Yes please." You said.

He stood next to you and put an arm around your shoulder, leaning in with you for the picture. When you took it, he smiled down at you. "That was a cute one." He said.

"Thank you so much, this means a lot to me." You said to him.

"Hey, anything for our biggest fan." He winked giving you a smile. "Maybe I'll see you around sometime."

"I hope so." You smiled and then blushed. "I mean..."

Adam smiled at you. "I know what you meant. It was really nice to meet you, Y/N." he said sincerely.

"It was nice meeting you too. Thank you again." You said.

He pulled you into a warm hug and smiled. "Get home safe, okay?"

"I will, you too." You smiled hugging him back.

"Goodnight, beautiful." He smiled.

"Night." You said.

The guard walked you back to the lobby of the arena to find your mom. You showed her all of the pictures and your newly signed jersey. When the two of you got into the car, you looked at the puck in your hand. You almost dropped it when you read what Adam had written.

'Y/N,

It was a pleasure meeting you. Call me sometime?

Love,

Adam Henrique'

Underneath the note was his phone number written next to a small heart. You definitely owed your dad big time.