TAN: Body Image

Dennis was just waiting for his mortal school friends to finish changing, the boy had his back pressed up against the wall and his phone in hand. He glanced up from time to time surveying the area trying to see if they were close to being done yet, he just huffed when noticing they were nowhere near done. 

"Hey Dennis, are you gay?" He heard someone ask. The boy just rolled his eyes. 

"No, for the hundredth time I'm not gay." He exhaust. "I'm pan." 

"What the hell is that? You like pans or something? What?" At that laughter erupted in the changing rooms, the boy face palming due to their idiocy.

"No. Do you know what pan means mate? It means 'all',  everything therefore meaning that I'm attracted to everyone, all genders regardless of what." 

"...So you're bisexual?" 

"NO!" He snapped. He pocketed his phone. "If your bisexual you're either attracted to a female or a male- you're attracted to only binary genders. But if you're pan, gender doesn't apply to you. You are not limited in sexual choice with regard of gender or activity." 

"Alright, calm down no need to get angry." Dennis couldn't help but glare at the man, his face showing how he was not amused by the situation at all. "Just a simple question. I just wanted to know cause you're always changing in the stalls. Thought you were scared that-" 

"I'm not scared of anything." Dennis said flatly. "I don't change in the stalls because I'm so incredibly attracted to man that I wouldn't be able to handle myself, I change in the stalls for some god damn privacy." 

"Aww little Denny got something to hide?" 

"Oh shut it Jamie." The boy fermented, his accent slipping out to show just how done he was with this interaction. But Jamie, a popular boy, didn't seem to notice Dennis' annoyance grinned as he neared him. 

"What's wrong Denny? Do we scare you? Do we intimidate you?" He walked over to the Australian grinning. "

All Dennis did was stare back at him, biting his tongue as he clenched his fists- trying to stop himself from creating a scene. 

"What? Hey Dennis why don't you show us what you have underneath huh? Huh? I mean we showed you everything, not fair if you keep everything hidden." Jamie was beginning to shove the Australian around, obviously trying to provoke a more dramatic reaction from him. But Dennis stood his ground, not moving at all. 

"Fuck off Jamie, go bother someone else." He said lowly, trying to keep a calm mind in all of this. 

"Come on, just take your shirt off Dennis. Just take your bloody shirt off." And before Dennis could do anything about it his shirt was ripped clean off, exposing his intensely scared torso to all of those that were around. His friends who knew the reasoning behind the scarring shifted uncomfortable whilst everyone else began to whisper among themselves, evidently taken aback by the sight. 

"Look at all those scars." 

"Heh no wonder he's scared of changing out in the open, I would be too if I looked like that." 

"I always just thought he was unfit or something. Ooh look at that scar on his shoulder." 

Red faced, embarrassed and now self-conscious Dennis gripped Jamie's hand tightly- his eyes brimming with pure rage as he glared at him. 

"Bet this is your dream come true ain't it Denny?" 

Jamie immediately regretted his choice of words for Dennis grip on his wrist began to tighten to the point where pain was being created. He looked into the Australian's eyes only just now realizing that he had screwed up. 

He was shoved up the wall, blood already trickling down his nose and an arm forced on his throat restricting his breathing greatly.

"Oh? Oh? What's wrong Jamie? Can't talk? Can't fucking talk mate?! CAN'T SAY ANYTHING? OH THAT'S A SHAME AIN'T IT NOW? MAYBE IF YOU WEREN'T SUCH A FUCKING DICK-" 

"Dennis! Calm down!" '

His friends raced over to him, grabbing at him and trying to drag him away before he could inflict anymore pain. But Dennis did his best in trying to shake them off, his rage causing him to despise any sort of human contact. 

"Get off." He snapped, snatching his arms away. He cast them a glare before looking back at Jamie who was being helped up by his own friends, another one stepping in between him and the Australian so that no more violence can happen but all Dennis did was shove him out of the way so he could get closer to the boy. 

"I would like to remind you." He growled out. "I've done aikido and I box. Test me any further and I won't hesitate to use you for fucking demonstration." He then snatched his shirt from his grasp, deciding to take the opportunity to elbow the boy in the face before a punch in the gut. He would have done more if it weren't for the boys that were getting in his way. So he turned around, putting the shirt back on as he walked out of the changing rooms. His body shaking from the adrenaline and the embarrassment. 

When he met Cynthia at her car she could tell that something was wrong. It being obvious when looking at the brunet's face. 

"Something happened?" She asked softly. 

"Nah, everything's fine." Was the response she got. 

"I hear your accent Dennis... What did someone do to make you mad this time?" 

"I'm not angry." He grunted out. 

Cynthia leaned over slightly, grasping his hand in her's to try and get him to look at her. 

"You know you can tell me." She said honestly.

Silence before Dennis snatched his hand away from her, turning away to look out the window. Sighing softly the kiwi then returned to look back at the front, starting up the engine- getting the car into gear. 

"You won't get it." She heard him mumble out. "You're too pretty to get it." 

Getting that she would unable to get the information she wanted out of him now she in turn asked a different question, "hey, want to get a smoothie? Coffee Bean?"

"Whatever you want." 

"...You know you can tell me anything though right? I know I'm no Jesse or Kylie, but you can always talk to me." 

The only response was another grunt.