No Rose Stepping Please and Thank You {Cardverse}

Sorry for the ending being rushed ;;-;;

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dreamz had her hood flicked over her head as she continued to wander through a certain kingdom's square. Today she remained to be invisible to the public eye, keeping to herself and maintaining a low profile as she allowed people of the crowd to brush past her- a few people glancing back in slight confusion. However Dreamz didn't have to worry much about people recognizing her here. The square was currently full of stalls of all sorts, loud and obnoxious merchants standing before them trying to grab everyone's attention so that they could make their money, street performers were among them in grabbing a hold of the people's attention showing off their talents as did various of tricks to entertain them. 

The whole kingdom appeared to be in a cheery mood, the atmosphere light and fun which made sense when considering the fact that it was the day of a festival, but for what Dreamz wasn't too sure on. She think it was for the 'birthday' of the kingdom then again she might have mixed up the dates a bit and this was actually the festival for the moon. Either way she didn't care all for it, she was more caring on getting back home - not wanting to stay here for a moment longer. 

But luck was not her specialty this quite obvious as some form of action took place in the center. She could tell the mood has slightly shifted in one particular area, everyone from there appeared to be acting slightly more irritated as they were forced to move away to allow someone to pass them. It was just some kid running around and being a nuisance, not looking to be some threat but when Dreamz's eyes caught on something she couldn't help but disagree- feeling the need to intervene. 

The scythe appeared in hand, the blade hooking the kid as she dragged him to her and just like that the noise and chatter died down. The crowd stopping in what they were doing to look on what was to happen. The scythe was quite known in being the Jokers' weapon.

"Right, what we do have here?" Dreamz flicked the hood off, revealing her dark brown hair that looked slightly red in the light and her narrowed eyes that were an intense mix of blue and green. Her tone was flat and stale, her expression a serious one to indicate there will be no theatrics coming from her today. 

The little boy shook slightly under her glare, clutching the item close to his chest as his face went quite red due to all of the attention he was receiving. 

Dreamz crouched down to his height, still looking at him. Her eyes analysed the way he was holding himself to the object that he had clutched in his trembling hands. He looked guilty, appearing as if he'll start crying in any moment due to the pressure of it and the cause of it was quite obvious enough as the Power Joker gently pried the possession from his hands. 

It was made of gold- bits and pieces of emeralds and sapphires embedded into it in order to make it more extravagant and more precious. It felt heavy in the joker's hands as she continued to lightly run her thumb over the surface, feeling the opal that was playing centerpiece in what was indeed a necklace. 

Her eyes lingered on the piece for a few moments as she noticed how the jewels would catch a hold of the light- their colour looking to be brighter because of it. She then glanced back at the kid noticing how more terrified he was looking and it was because of this that a sigh escaped from her. 

"Orphan?" 

He shakily nodded his head, eyes wide in dread for what was to happen. Dreamz then straightened up slightly, looking around the whole square noting how everyone was still watching. She pursed her lips when seeing that no royal guards were in sight. 

"Why did you steal it?" She demanded now deciding that she wouldn't say in specifics what it was he stole. Indeed it was jewelry that the queen owns however it was fairly new so really the queen hasn't wore it that much for it to be recognizable to the public which was probably why there wasn't such a fuss over it. But there would be fuss if it ended up being mentioned that some kid had managed to gain access to such a thing.