You Can't Say No

If there was anything that didn't agree with the Troubled Trio it was fancy places. 

Something bad always comes out from it and results in either embarrassment or a large chase sequence which is much too long and much too tiring to deal with. Thankfully it wasn't a chase they had to deal with but more of the embarrassing and stressful side of things. 

As of now the two Australians and kiwi were sat at a table, the three of them having gone out to dinner as it had been a while since they could just hang around one another in a somewhat calm situation. The lighting was dim, quiet chatter and soft clinks of glasses setting the mood and making the whole place feel even more so fancy. Though now it was past the time they were caring about that, instead they were more focus on the bill and how to pay for it. 

"Well you guys already know I'm broke af." Dreamz sighed, seeing the sum of money. She then pushed it over to the two boys, one of them fumbling through his pockets before smacking his forehead.

"Fuck." Jett swore. "I think I left my wallet in the car." 

Attention was then directed to Cooper who was looking through his own wallet, a frown coming on his features. He then place it back in his pocket. 

"I would pay..." Cooper said slowly, his eyes then resting on Jett as annoyance took over his features. "But it would appear someone stole my money." 

"Why the hell are you looking at me?!' 

"Jett, I've asked you repeatedly to tell Jack to stop stealing cash from me." 

"And I told him, it's not my fault if he was listening or not." 

"It's probably because the whole Melbourne cup day." Dreamz muttered out. "Probably getting all excited and want that money to bet on. And speaking of Melbourne-" She then adverted her attention to her bag, fishing out a simple chained necklace with a ring looped through it. "When are we heading back there? I need to give this back to my sister before she has a heart attack." 

"I might be heading out tomorrow or the day after...." Jett said slowly thinking about it. "You can come if you want but if not I'll just give it to her. What even is it?" 

"Oh my sister is really big on with the whole Lord of the Rings sort of stuff." Dreamz said on the off hand. "So this is suppose to be one of the rings I think.. I don't know I haven't really read the books. All I know is that she only ever takes this thing off when the ring is supposedly destroyed." 

At the sound of that particular fandom Cooper's eyes lit up, "can I see it?" 

"Sure go for it." Dreamz handed him the piece of jewelry allowing him to see the elvish inscription engraved into it. And as she watched him look at it Dreamz allowed a grin to spill over her lips, an idea now coming into mind about how to deal with their current dilemma in paying the food.

With the plan already formed in her head she leaned over and whispered to Jett, the man looking quite amused upon hearing said idea. He shook his head and pushed his seat back, getting up to go over to the bathrooms. 

"Hey Coops, mind giving me back the ring?" 

He slid it over, Dreamz taking it back as she undid the chain and allowed the ring to fall into her palm. She placed the necklace in her pocket before clearing her throat in order to grab everyone else's attention. Her back was erect, a serious yet nervous expression masking her features which made Cooper confused in more ways then one. 

"I would like to direct everyone's attention to this young man here." Dreamz stated in a loud voice so that she didn't go by unnoticed. The clinking stopped, the soft music placed on hold allowing the scene to play out. The now brunette let a small smile come onto her face as she let herself slip into character. She gestured to Cooper who continued to sit there now looking slightly scared for what might happen. 

"This man here." Dreamz started off. "He's been with me for every step of the way. Through thick and thin. He's seen me at my worse and he's seen me at my best, he has always been there by my side no matter what the situation was. He has always found a way to make me happy, to make me smile and to make me laugh. He has turned my world of grey to a world of colour where everything is possible." She paused slightly allowing this to sink in with the so called audience. She then glanced back at Cooper who was staring at her in disbelief, his eyes so clearly saying for her to stop doing this right now.

Yeah Dreamz wasn't going to do that. 

"Cooper..." She said softly yet still loudly for all to hear. "I wish for you to stick by me forever more, to be there when I next forget to turn off the stove-" she paused allowing several people to chuckle, "to be there when it looks like the sun won't shine, to be there when the world crash and burn. So will you... Will you be the Hermoine to my Ron and marry me?" She was now on one knee presenting the ring up to him. She had her mouth sealed shut now, as if in attempt to try and stop laughter from coming out from her.

Cooper just continued to stare at her with this horrified expression etched on his now red face. And slowly he covered his face, not liking this situation he was in right now. All he wanted to do now was hide under the table forever, to become invisible so he doesn't have to deal with this. But sadly he does- and unfortunately he was put in a rather pressuring situation. He so badly wanted to say no, to end this charade where he doesn't give in. But since everyone was staring at him now, needing him to say yes he couldn't bring himself to say it. 

Also if he said no to Dreamz whilst she's presenting him an object coming from his fandom it would be the equivalent to him turning his back onto it. He could not say no to Lord of the Rings no matter what. 

So with that being said he slowly, ever so slightly nodded- still not ifting his head from his hands. 

"He said yes!" 

And that was how they managed to get away without paying the bill. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

I refuse to let this joke die. 

I absolutely refuse.