I have a rivalry with a door {Pottertalia} (short)

"Come on Dreamz, you can do it." 

"This is my fifth year Cooper, my fifth year. I'm never going to be able to do it." 

"I think you're being a bit dramatic..." 

"No I'm being realistic." 

The pair of them stood outside the door that separated them from the Ravenclaw common room, it being quite obvious what they needed. Cooper clutched onto his bag of books whilst Dreamz stared at the door before them with an expression on her face that indicated that she was just so done with everything. 

"Can't you do it?" She questioned, sounding quite pathetic. 

Cooper shook his head, "Dreamz, just give it a shot. They're not impossible to answer." 

"Yes they are." 

"That's because you haven't tried hard enough. Just give it another go, you might get it this time." 

At the sound of his encouragement Dreamz shot him a deadpan look causing an awkward smile to rise on his lips. 

"What?" 

"I hate you and how optimistic you are." She decided before turning back around and banging the knocker against the door. As soon as the action was done a soft voice was emitted. 

"I'm teary-eyed but never cry

silver-tongued but never lie 

Double-winged, but never fly 

Air-cooled but never dry

What am I?" 

Dreamz stared at the brash knocker of the raven, slowly blinking as she tried to break it down. But still she couldn't come up with an answer, instead she just came up with more ways in confusing herself which was easily making her distressed. 

"I'm so confused." She admitted. 

"You don't get it?"

"No!" 

"Okay well uh, let's go with the more easy way- what or who do you know has two sets of wings but never uses them to fly?" 

Dreamz decided to redirect her helpless stare onto Cooper, raising her arms slightly as if she was questioning the whole entire world. He just arched an eyebrow slightly at her, wondering if she was actually trying. 

"Dreamz, I'm not going to answer this one for you." 

"Fine then. Insects." 

"None of them have silver tongues though." 

"Fine then, lizards. Some have different coloured tongues I'm sure one of them has silver." 

"Dreamz... Lizards aren't the answer. They don't have wings."  

"They can if they wanted too Cooper, don't be a dream crusher." 

"Okay, I'm sorry. I didn't know lizards meant that much to you." 

"Well you should have." 

Cooper continued to look at the girl, trying his best to offer her his help without giving the answer away but as time ticked on it was proving to be completely useless and hopeless. And the fact that Dreamz had long ago given up on being cooperative in any way didn't help matters.

The kiwi just sighed, "fine. I'll answer this one for you. Mercury." 

At that the door opened giving them access to the common room. Dreamz had her face scrunched up, brow furrowed as she tried to see how Mercury could fit into the description of him being 'silver tongued- but never lies' and as she contemplated on that Cooper walked past her and into the common room leaving Dreamz alone for a few seconds. 

"Oh wait... It's the element too." She realized, shaking her head as she let a sigh slipped out. She went to walk into the common room to grab a few of her belongings but as soon as she moved the door had shut right in front of her face. Basically locking her out. 

She decided that slamming her head against the door would help matters. 

"I shouldn't be in this house." She groaned.