Chapter 31 A Black Bundle Of Trouble

Here is a short update to celebrate the birthday of 2 of my friends turning 16 today. (20th September 2013) Happy Birthday Walter and Isabelle! 

Hope you like that picture of Himchan there!

Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Haru's POV

          "Stand behind us." Youngjae said and Jongup pulled me behind their protective half circle. 

          "Aren't you over-reacting? It's a moving cardboard box." I asked, but stepped closer to them, since they're warriors, whatever it was in the box must be dangerous to make them so agitated. 

          "Approach on the count of three." Yongguk commanded, "Three."

          They all took slow steps forward, Jongup stood in front of me standing in a protective stance, acting as if something will go wrong, he'd grab me and run away from whatever was in the box. The movement ceased and the noises faded, Himchan looked around at the other five and nodded. Yongguk pointed a gun-like weapon at the flap and Youngjae opened the flap. 

          I stood on my tip toes to peek around Jongup, the five guys jumped back and I saw a pair of black ears perk up. I snorted and side-stepped Jongup, past the barricade of weapon wielding guys and opened the box.

          "Woah! Puppy!" I crouched in front of the cardboard box, there was only one puppy inside, one  black puppy covered in dust and dirt. 

          "Hi" I whispered, the pup pushed its head out of the bundle of old towels and looked up sadly. It's eyes were glassy and it looked at me with only sadness and plea.

          "Haru, it might kill you." Youngjae whispered, "Now, slowly and calmly stand up and come back here."

          "What is that?" Yongguk peered inside "It doesn't look like a Canum Rex. So ugly, are we supposed to eat it?" 

          "Yah!" I pushed his arm. "I think you're a pretty pup. Don't listen to Yongguk."

          "What is its purpose in life?" Youngjae asked, I ignored him and smiled at the dirty puppy.The six guys shuffled warily forward and stared down at the poor pup in the box.

          "Do you want to follow me home?" I asked softly. The puppy looked up sadly, I realized that there was a bald patch on it's stomach, it looked starved and judging  by the cardboard box filled with an old towel and a bottle of water, this must be an abandoned puppy.

          "I'll take you home, sweetie." I smiled softly and lifted the box, the puppy yelped and returned to the towels burying his head under the towel, but it's butt was exposed and it's tail was tucked between it's legs.

          "Its a stray." Himchan pointed out, "Leave it."

          "You're a stray. Don't forget, you knocked on my doors too." I snapped back and smiled at the puppy. "Don't listen to the meanie."

          "Hey Haru," Zelo peeked over and gulped. "What is that?"

          "Its a baby dog." I smiled at him.

          "Are you sure this is a good idea? This animal eats meat." Daehyun eyed the puppy warily and shuddered, "It chases things and it pees all over the place.

          "What will you call it?" Jongup asked, peeking over my shoulder and a wrinkle appeared between his brows. 

          "I don't know." I murmured, "Nothing original."