Chapter 8 Where's Zelo?

"Lets make a chore roster" I suggested, I had to wash all the dishes yesterday and I might have to clean the toilet and tidy the house as well. I can cook, but I will not clean. I'm no house-wife, and these aren't my children. "I can't manage everything!"

          I was half expecting them to say no, especially Yongguk, because he was the 'manly-man', my brothers and my dad also refused to clean, mom was too busy to do so, so guess who had to clean in the house? C'est Moi. 

          "Excellent idea." Youngjae said and started drawing on his notebook. "What jobs do you offer?"

          "There is dish duty, garbage throwing, laundry, toilet cleaner and organizing the house." I counted,

          "I'll make sure that they do their jobs." Yongguk smirked and laid back with his hands behind his bed. 

          "I'll throw the garbage," Himchan said quickly. 

          "I'll do the dishes" Jongup raised his hand.

          "Zelo will do the laundry!" He chirped excitedly. 

          "I'll organize the house." Youngjae said quickly "Daehyun hyung, do you want to clean the toilet?"

          Daehyun shrugged. 

          I was surprised by how cool they were with the chores, I expected them to put up a fight, refusing and arguing like they would usually do. 

          "We aren't lazy..." Jongup said in a small voice.  Mind reader?!

          "Jongup, Himchan, Youngjae you're up." Yongguk barked and pulled out a chair. 

          The three aliens dashed to their 'stations' Youngjae hurriedly gathered the plates and wiped the table clean, while Jongup stood ready by the sink.

          "Um... Haru" Jongup said softly, "I don't know how to wash dishes..."

          "Why did you pick the dish duty?" I shook my head and smiled. "First put on the plastic gloves."

          He obediently pushed his hands inside a pair of pink plastic gloves, raising his hands like a surgery doctor. "I'm ready."

          "Squirt some dishwashing liquid onto the sponge and start making circles" I pointed at the dishes. I felt like a wicked stepmom telling Jong-derella to do her chores. So I offered to rinse while he did the soap-ing. 

          "Circles!!" A boyish voice squealed and a pair of long arms stretched out from behind me, popping all of the tiny bubbles from the dishes. Yongjae perched on top of counter scribbling furiously. Jongup gave an eye smile.

          "Hey Zelo"

          "Hi hyung, circles!" Zelo popped them all. 

          "Its called bubbles" I giggled at Zelo's adorable expression.

          "Bubbles!" He exclaimed and popped a few more with his fingers, having a childish smile. 

          "Zelo, how old are you?" I asked

          "Zelo Oppa is 16 in earthling years" Zelo glanced over for a minute before returning to the bubbles. "Bubbles! hehehee"

          Right, he's an Oppa... acts like a toddler...

          "Zelo Oppa was created 1 year ago by Yongguk hyung, so I'm mechanically only 1 year old" He grinned widely and wiped his hands on his pants.