(Pretty Frickin Scary) Frankie X Reader

"Why I love you?"

"Why I love you?"

Pov Nobody

Frankie sat nervously on her bed, staring at her phone. She had been staring at the same text message for the past half hour, trying to work up the courage to hit send. Finally, she took a deep breath and pressed the button.

The message was simple: "Can we talk?"

A few minutes later, her phone buzzed with a response. It was Y/n.

"Sure, what's up?"

Frankie took another deep breath before typing out her response. "I don't know how to say this, but...I think I'm in love with you."

There was a long pause before Y/n responded.

"I don't know what to say."

Frankie's heart sank. She had been afraid of this. She knew that confessing her feelings could ruin their friendship, but she couldn't keep it bottled up any longer.

"Please don't be mad," Frankie said." I just had to tell you how I feel."

"I'm not mad," Y/n replied. "I'm just...surprised, I guess."

Frankie could hear the hesitation in Y/n's voice, and it made her stomach churn.

"Do you...feel the same way?" Frankie asked tentatively.

There was another long pause before Y/n responded.

"I don't know," she said finally. "I mean, you're my best friend. I don't want to lose that."

Frankie felt tears prick at the corners of her eyes. She had known that this was a risk, but hearing Y/n say it out loud made it all too real.

"I understand," Frankie said softly. "I just had to tell you how I feel. I won't bring it up again if you don't want me to."

Y/n sighed on the other end of the line.

"It's not that I don't want to talk about it," she said. "It's just...complicated."

Frankie nodded, even though Y/n couldn't see her.

"I get it," she said. "I just want you to know that I care about you, no matter what happens."

There was a long silence before Y/n spoke again.

"I care about you too, Frankie," she said. "I just need some time to figure things out."

Frankie felt a glimmer of hope in her chest.

"Okay," she said. "Take all the time you need."

They said their goodbyes and hung up, leaving Frankie alone with her thoughts. She knew that things might never be the same between her and Y/n, but for now, she was content to wait and see what the future held.