not speaking

Louis: For the past week, silence had filled the home you and Louis shared. It wasn’t that you and Louis did not want to speak to each other, or that you had nothing to say. In fact you and Louis each had a million things to say to the other. You were both scared of what those things could mean though. Scared that speaking could mean saying goodbye. Things were falling apart. You weren’t blind to that. Louis could see it to. Neither of you wanted to end things though, and if not speaking could keep goodbye away, then you were both willing to do that. It made nothing better, but it also made nothing worse.

Niall
: When Niall’s voice began to go out days before a big show, he was put on vocal rest for 2 full days. It was one of the many things that came along with singing every night, and never getting a moments rest. Sometimes your voice just needs a break. So to be kind to him, and to remind him not to speak, you decided not to speak either. It didn’t seem that hard when you agreed to it; until you actually tried. “Niall, where…” Before you could finish your question, Niall held up his hand, to remind you not to speak. You crossed your arms, and grabbed a piece of paper near you, quickly writing down a sentence, and showing it to Niall. ‘This is insane! How do you do this?!’

Liam: After the worst date you’d ever been on, you had nothing to say to Liam. He’d been late to pick you up, forgot to make reservations at the restaurant, and been busy on his phone all night. If he was too busy to really care about being with you, then you weren’t going to waste your breath. The worst part for you, was that he didn’t seem to want to speak either. That only made you angrier. You didn’t know that he was busy trying to plan a better date for next week. That he’d been late because of planning, and only been on the phone because his plans were not going right. Everything was for you, and he was afraid if he spoke to you, he may end up telling you the truth. So instead the car ride was silence, as you both refused to speak to the other.

Harry: It was a typical night off for you and Harry. You were at home, watching TV, and just enjoying your time together. It had all become very routine for you. So routine in fact, you didn’t even need to speak to each other as you went through the motions of the night. It was a few hours into your night, that you realized you and Harry had yet to say one word to each other. Even when picking a movie, you’d simply nodded when he’d shown you the one you were now watching. You began to worry. Were you and Harry just getting too predictable? So predictable that you didn’t even need to speak to each other? That just didn’t seem right. So you reached for the remote, and shut the TV off, “Let’s go out.”

Zayn: Two days had passed since you and Zayn had your first big fight. During that argument you’d both said horrible things to each other that you instantly regretted and wanted to take back, but neither of you wanted to be the first to say sorry. You both thought the other should say it first. So instead of saying sorry, you both said absolutely nothing to each other. Now after two days, you were still not speaking. You both knew it would pass though. It was just your first fight of many to come. And after 48 hours, you realized how much your prides were the only things keeping this going. And so you decided to finally break and say sorry first. Two days was more than long enough.