Hidden Colors|| [Bakugou x Oc]

By AmoreVessel

!!DISCONTINUED!! Warning: Strong language, Suicidal themes, Mature Content, and I'm not the best writer ^-^' More

!DISCONTINUED!
1: First Day
2: Movie Date
3: A Small Crush
4: Detention
5: School Project
6: Presentations
7: Envy
8: Scars
9: Disappointment
10: Fist Fight
11: Nightmares and Early Mornings
12: Cats, Calls, and Training
14: Neito Monoma Gets His Ass Beat
15: Dabi
16: Reunion With Old Friends
17: Karin Kirishima: Missing
18: Rescue Mission
19: All Of It Is Just Talk, Right?
20: A Wanted Kiss
21: Bringing Up the Past
22: Light before Darkness
23: More Fighting
24: Now Its My Turn
25: Stain, Blood, and Bullets
26: Getting Answers
27: Karin Kirishima: Found
28: Glass and Burn Marks
29: Will You Just Listen?
30: Memories
31: The UA Traitor
32: Ryo Kirishima
33: Reunion [Flashback]
34: Gifts
35: From Good to Bad
36: Final Exams (Pt. 1)
37: Final Exams (Pt. 2)
38: The Abuse of Shouto Todoroki
39: The Stalking
40: Connections
41: Kyoki's Return
42: Its My Way Or The Highway
43: Where Did You Go?
44: Fly Me To The Moon
45: I Love Him
46: Not Friends, We Were "Brothers"
47: Hot Springs [Camp pt. 1]
48: Here We Go Again [Camp pt. 2]
49: Lust [Camp pt. 3]
50: Kidnapped [Camp pt. 4]
51: Trapped with Heartache
52: We Just Want To Talk
What the Hell.. [3k Special!]
53: Panic Attacks
54: You're Just Like Him
55: The Beast in Roses
56: Painful Guilt
57: Having Determination, Lacking Energy
58: The Consequences of Rebellion
59: The Torture of Being "Quirkless"
60: Big News and Finding Truths
61: It's All A Trap
62: Showdown
63: Im Right Here
64: You Thought You Could Escape?
65: She Cant Be Saved... Because I Am Here
66: Trauma
67: A Cruel Reality
68: The Last Goodbye
[Book 2] Preview
[About the Author] +Extra!
[Book 2] The Second Preview
BOOK TWO IS OUT!
Promotional Chapter
Yikes... [Manga Spoilers]

13: Hero Names

3.5K 143 48
By AmoreVessel

Omg I got 80 views!! I didn't expect this story to be worth much of anything! Thank you all for reading! 😊
~

"You all need code names.."

It was the first day back from the weekend and already the class was getting themselves into something more exciting for the following week.
Karin was completely sore and tired was training for the past few days with Katsuki while he looked ready to take on the world.

How is he not tired?!

But at the same time..

We're gonna do something exciting!!

Midnight walked into the room to look over the class while they prepared their whiteboards and markers. Karin seemed completely lost on what her name should be. Everyone else seemed so confident. I'm so done for..

"I can not stop twinkling!!"

...

Aoyama why...

The entire class glanced at each other and felt the urge to create funnier and more creative names.

"KING EXPLOSION MURDER!!" Karin cupped her hands over her mouth and started giggling while Kaminari and Sero were doing the same. Eijirou crossed his arms over the desk. "What about Explosion Boy," he grinned.

"SHUT UP SHITTY HAIR!!"

Midnight shook her head. "Yeah.. that's a no. Change it."

Shouto glanced at Karin and noticed that she wasn't writing much on her board. Instead, he saw the drawing of a flower. "You need help..?"

She stopped drawing and blushed immensely. "N-nope!!"

"But you're drawing..."

"I'm... just warming up I think." She smiled innocently and glanced at his board. "What name will you do Todo-?"

"Shouto."

"Oh! S-Sorry I forgot that I can't call you that anymore..."

"No.... well, I mean yeah. Call me that, but that'll also be my hero name too." Her eyes widened. "Really? Why's that?"

He looked down at his blank board. "I.. just like it. I don't care too much for a big name .."
She nodded and erased the flower art she made on her whiteboard. He's so sweet..

Everyone started to go up one by one to pronounce their hero names to the class. Their was Froppy, Pinky, Sugarman, And then..
"Red Riot!" Kirishima went up to the front and held up his board. Karin smiled and admired the ambition in his voice. He named himself after the old school hero, Crimson Riot- his idol.

Her, Katsuki, Midoriya, Iida and Shouto were next. When Todoroki showed his name to the class, everyone was shocked when he only used his first name. Same for Iida.

Karin then came up to the front of the class with a piece of writing finally. She set the whiteboard down on the stand and showed it to the class. "This... May be pretty dumb....... b-but for my name.... I thought that Prism might work."

Midnight's eyes lit up. "Interesting... why's that?"

Karin blushed and lowered her gaze to the board. "Y-you see...with my empathy quirk, I see the world in ways that others can't. Every emotion that people inflict comes out as a color surrounding.. their bodies for me. E-each color means a different emotion...... I thought Prism was an okay name, because I take in and reflect out different emotions through my power. I help others and show myself and everyone knew colors of feeling and state of m-mind I believe.."

Everyone stared at her with shock. Eijirou was even surprised, since he never knew how her quirk really worked. "Wow.. that was deep Karin.."
Her eyes widened. "I-Is it stupid? I-I'm so sorry, I'll change it if-"

"No dont!" Mina shouted. "I think it works for you!! Roll with it!"

Momo smiles sincerely and nodded. "It's cute."

Midnight wanted to side against it, but she couldn't get past everyone's support.
Karin smiled back and felt herself relaxing slightly from the feedback. "Th-Thank you so much!"

(God I hope this looks okay XD)

***

Bakugou was seeming off after the class participated on showing off hero names. Karin noticed how his entire body was engulfed with rage and disgust. Greens and reds surrounded him and made her feels uneasy.

If she was able to get closer to him, she would understand his pitiful emotions, but that wasn't the case. Mr. Aizawa got up in front of the class and sighed. "Now onto to the next stage."

Internships..

Karin came into the school years a tad bit later than most of the students so she couldn't participate in the UA sports festival. Her name wasn't recognized by any of the pro heroes in Japan... and so she wouldn't have a good chance to getting famous on the streets like the others.

Many of the students already got the opportunity of getting offers from many... but oddly enough, Midoriya didn't get any offers either. How strange...

"Karin, you okay?"

She was caught staring at the offering screen for too long. Bakugou and Todoroki got the most offers out of everyone in the class...
Part of her felt pulled back from everyone else. Karin knew that she was already different from everyone else... but this made it a tad bit worse. Her eye color was blue but she tried to fake it by putting on a smile. "Yeah I'm fine.."

Mina and Momo frowned. "But your eyes... they're blue."

"Yeah! Don't lie to us! What's wrong?" The two girls towered over her desk with menacing like stares, making Karin blush with embarrassment. "You're s-seeing things! Heh!"
"Mhm. Is this about not being in the festival?"

Karin stiffened and fidgeted with her uniform sleeves. "K-kind of.."

"Aww don't worry about it then!"

"Yeah, they're right," Tsu joined in. "When signing up for one, you'll be out in the real world so you might be able to get some attention- depending on what you get of course!"

Todoroki was up at the front of the classroom, picking up the list of papers of all the people that offered for him. He was unsure with himself on what he wanted but his fathers agency was always worth the effort.

"You'll do great Karin! Don't sweat about it!"

He glanced over his shoulder to see his friend sitting in the desk, looking rather uncomfortable. He always knew that Karin hated getting the attention like that; she wasn't meant for the spotlight when it's so abrupt.

He walked over to her and handed her one of the alternative offering papers for those who got almost no hero's willing to ask for them. "Here."

Karin stared at the paper before taking it gently. "Th-Thank you.."
"No problem... are you alright?"

She pulled at her hair. "Why does everyone keep asking me this..?"

Shouto stared down at her with a calm dumbfounded expression. "..cause your eyes are blue."
Mina jumped up and down and clapped her hands together. "That's what Momo said!!"

Karin noticed all the names typed out on the list and sighed. She didn't know any of these heroes. They were low ranks and off in further cities.

"Karin Kirishima."

Everyone turned to see Mr. Aizawa by the entry door. "A word."
Karin broke into a cold sweat and her eyes turned bright purple as she bolted out of her seat. Mina and the others frowned, knowing that it would most likely be about starting out too soon before internships.

They both went out into the hallway, closing the door behind them. Aizawa kept walking down the empty hallway as she followed behind. "Karin, you came into the school on late notice. Fortunately, during the beginning of first semester, you haven't missed much at all. But .. I have noticed that you're grades are slipping away."

She frowned. "Oh.."

He pulled out his phone to look into the records. "Yup. You have mostly C's and only two B's. Your family has informed me of your.. previous school history, so I understand completely of the limits you face."

My limits..?

"To put it in short, I'm assigning you to a tutor. I have Midnight offering to help you out with your studies on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays before school. It'll be an easy thirty minute session with you- which I don't see a problem with since school starts at 8:15 anyways."

Karin nodded. "Y-Yes sir.."

He paused his steps as soon as they were far away from the class door. His dull eyes land on her as his hands are shoved in his pockets. "But also... I wanna offer up my own internship for you."

Her eyes widened. "R-really?"

He nodded. "Yes. There are some things that I wish to teach you about the real world. Not only that, but I don't know you as well as my other students, so hopefully this will fill in that gap."

He yawned and rubbed his right eye while he continued on. "So tell me, what is your drive kid?"

"M-my drive?"

"Yes. What is your reason to become a hero? Why did you want to go to this academy?"

She stared down at the floor and thought for a moment. "Well.. Eiji came to the school here.. before he came here, he was so different. His hair was black and he was sad for most of his days. His life was more dull and he didn't feel good enough to help anyone. When we were kids... I-I did my best to keep him happy.. so I used my quirk often to at least make him smile a little even when I knew it was temporary for when I was around.."

She glanced up at him with a determined look. "And one day... he just changed. He dyed his hair red and became more optimistic. He never told me of what changed him.. but I looked up to him for pressing on- even when everything was crumbling around..." Her hands tightened into shaking fists.

"I-I... want to make myself useful.. for once."

A moment of silence passed through them, but soon it enough it ended when he stepped forward and rested a gentle hand on her shoulder.

"I've heard of those scars Karin.. everyone in the academy's staff has. And... would it overstep your boundaries if you told me some fort of cause? Did anyone here at the school do something to influence you in any way?"

She shook her head slowly. It wasn't all of a lie to say no.. but part of it was because of the students around her..

"I..... know some thing is wrong with me. My Auntie and Uncle took me in about a year ago... and have taken care of me since. My mother said that I was slow.... and stupid. Maybe I am... but.. I-I don't know how to be like everyone else," she admitted.
"Everyone here seems so much better and smarter. M-my grades are falling and .... when I did it.... I just don't know what got over me...."

The hand on her shoulder remained as he patted her back with his other. He knew very well of what she was talking about. Depression, and Anxiety were no laughing matter, but he also knew about her disabilities. That was one of the first things he knew of what she entered into his class.

"I feel ...like a burden to everyone..."

Mr. Aizawa shifted his attention to her and noticed her eye color changing to grey. Another thing he observed over the past few weeks was her emotional change within her iris. By now, he knew what almost every color meant. Except for white- that was a hard one.

He glanced down the hall and lead her to one of the common rooms of the building. It was a sort of private teacher lounge with doughnuts resting on the counter. He let her sit down at the table while he got himself some coffee. "Karin...you are not. As much as you may struggle with this, it doesn't mean that you'll be in anyone's way of life. This isn't your fault."

She nodded slowly and stared at the table. "So," he sighed. "Is there a certain career path that you're interested in?"

Karin bit the inside of her cheek and scratched the back of her head. "I may wanna deal with search and rescue."

"Good choice. Your quirks would definitely benefit from it. Now tell me, your empathy power, can you only activate it by touching an individual?"

"Y-Yeah maybe.. my father had this quirk.. but he was able to pass and alter emotions by just shooting waves out into open air. He could use it for far distance scenarios for one or more people at a time."

"Interesting. Maybe in the future, you'll somehow unlock that as well. How is he?"

Karin's muscles tightened and she bit the inside of her cheek again. "H-he's... gone... he left me and my mother a long time ago."

"Oh.." he walked over and handed her cup of coffee while he had one of his own. "I apologize for asking."

She shook her head and took a small sip. "No no no. It's okay.." He scrolled through his phone to review her academic history further. She didn't pay attention much. The coffee was comforting enough.
He glanced up at her and sipped on his drink as well. "Anyways, on the internship, I'll start you out with marking specific cities to patrol. Then we can meet in the eastern district. There, they stationed their retrieve and recovery base for the rescued and injured. It'll give you the best experience and you'll see first hand on what your impact means to the people around you, understand?"

She nodded. "Yes sir."

He glanced at the clock and saw the time. "Oh... time goes by quicker than I thought... You'll have lunch here when the bell rings." She nodded and started to stand up with the cup in hand.

"Alright. Thank you Mr. Aizawa."

"No worries. I'll give you all the information you need about where to meet up next week tomorrow."

"Alright! B-bye Mr. Aizawa!" She hurried out the door to meet up with her class while he stayed staring at the door with thought. Even with her learning disability, she was smart in other ways. He could understand that she was more of a visual learner more than anything, and that could give him a better advantage to teacher when the time came.
He leaned back in his chair and finished the small drink he had.

She's a good kid...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 54.1K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
575K 35.2K 99
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
303K 6.7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
9.3K 531 6
𝜊𝜊𝜊. 𝙑𝙄𝘿𝙀𝙊𝙂𝘼𝙈𝙀 𝙇𝙊𝙑𝙀𝙍 ❜⠀❫⠀───⠀❝ 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎 𝚞𝚙 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚍𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚊 𝙫𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙤 𝙜𝙖𝙢𝙚. ❞ ▰▰ ⤷ 💖 ˓ ⊹﹅˚. ‹ a 𝙝𝙖𝙞𝙠𝙮𝙪...