Hidden Colors|| [Bakugou x Oc]

By AmoreVessel

!!DISCONTINUED!! Warning: Strong language, Suicidal themes, Mature Content, and I'm not the best writer ^-^' More

!DISCONTINUED!
1: First Day
2: Movie Date
3: A Small Crush
4: Detention
5: School Project
6: Presentations
7: Envy
8: Scars
9: Disappointment
10: Fist Fight
12: Cats, Calls, and Training
13: Hero Names
14: Neito Monoma Gets His Ass Beat
15: Dabi
16: Reunion With Old Friends
17: Karin Kirishima: Missing
18: Rescue Mission
19: All Of It Is Just Talk, Right?
20: A Wanted Kiss
21: Bringing Up the Past
22: Light before Darkness
23: More Fighting
24: Now Its My Turn
25: Stain, Blood, and Bullets
26: Getting Answers
27: Karin Kirishima: Found
28: Glass and Burn Marks
29: Will You Just Listen?
30: Memories
31: The UA Traitor
32: Ryo Kirishima
33: Reunion [Flashback]
34: Gifts
35: From Good to Bad
36: Final Exams (Pt. 1)
37: Final Exams (Pt. 2)
38: The Abuse of Shouto Todoroki
39: The Stalking
40: Connections
41: Kyoki's Return
42: Its My Way Or The Highway
43: Where Did You Go?
44: Fly Me To The Moon
45: I Love Him
46: Not Friends, We Were "Brothers"
47: Hot Springs [Camp pt. 1]
48: Here We Go Again [Camp pt. 2]
49: Lust [Camp pt. 3]
50: Kidnapped [Camp pt. 4]
51: Trapped with Heartache
52: We Just Want To Talk
What the Hell.. [3k Special!]
53: Panic Attacks
54: You're Just Like Him
55: The Beast in Roses
56: Painful Guilt
57: Having Determination, Lacking Energy
58: The Consequences of Rebellion
59: The Torture of Being "Quirkless"
60: Big News and Finding Truths
61: It's All A Trap
62: Showdown
63: Im Right Here
64: You Thought You Could Escape?
65: She Cant Be Saved... Because I Am Here
66: Trauma
67: A Cruel Reality
68: The Last Goodbye
[Book 2] Preview
[About the Author] +Extra!
[Book 2] The Second Preview
BOOK TWO IS OUT!
Promotional Chapter
Yikes... [Manga Spoilers]

11: Nightmares and Early Mornings

3.8K 143 60
By AmoreVessel

"I can't take this anymore... She doesn't learn. She's not normal!!"

The day was dark and gloomy as rain poured outside against the windowsill. Thunder crackled down to the earth, startling little Karin while she continued to walk down the narrow hallway.

The voice of her mother echoed through the walls.

"You fucking kidding me?! I can't afford for counseling right now! It'll never work anyways!!"

Tears formed in her eyes.

Why doesn't she want me anymore?

"Kai please! You don't even get it! She's falling behind everyone in her classes! The teachers reported her work to be unfit for her to possibly pass through the year! She can't even function without him!"

"Momma?"

The woman whipped her head back to see her frail girl standing in the living room door frame. She was shivering from the cold as snot hung from her little nose. "Is that Auntie? Why are you crying?"

She clenched her jaw and rolled her eyes. Just her luck right?
Her husband was gone and now she was stuck with her.
The universe must've hated her..

"Where's daddy? He still at work?"

The woman bared her teeth and stomped her foot at the child, making her stumble back. Karin landed back onto the floor and stared up at her mother with fearful eyes.

"HE'S GONE KARIN! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!"

" G-gone? "

She quickly hung up the phone and slammed it upon the coffee table to her right. "God damn it Karin!! Just shut up!!"

She stayed upon the ground shivering from the cold and fear within her mind. "I'm sowry... !"
It was that night that Karin would never forget.. She woke up the next morning on the floor as bruises and cuts were left in her arms and face. The surface of the wooden floor beneath her was her only comfort as she clung onto her stuffed toy bunny. Every muscle in her body ached as more tears filled her vision..

Around her, the world seemed to shift from black and white to red. Voices from her most hated thoughts came back to claw back to the surface and haunt her. Everything her mother said had to be a lie right?

Dad couldn't have been gone forever right?

But where is he...

and why did she do it?

"Karin!!"

***

"Karin! It's okay, wake up!"

Her eyes opened up to her bedroom. Her body left in a cold sweat as her legs wouldn't stop shaking. Eijirou sat next to her on the bed as his arms held her close to his chest.

"I'm right here...it'll be okay," he breathed.

She clung onto him and sobbed incessantly into his shoulder. He rocked her back and forth gently as the moonlight outlined them both in white. It was early morning and this was the second time this month that she'd been caught crying in her sleep.
Her face was red and her heartbeat slammed against her chest from the anxiety.

He hated these nights.

Karin looked completely terrified and looked as if she was on the verge of death. She wouldn't let go of him for nothing.
"I'm right here," he sighed. "I'm not leaving."

Eijirou's parents came rushing into her room and saw her in the state she was in. His mother cupped her hands over her mouth and soon sat by her side to comfort the situation. Eijirou's father ran downstairs to quickly make some hot chocolate for the occasion; it was one of the only few things that helped her on nights like these.

As her cousin rubbed her back, her aunt ran her fingers through her hair and sang her a lullaby. Kai was always known for having a gentle voice. Each note she sang came together into a lovely tribute of song. She was like an angel, and soon enough, Karin's heartbeat started to slow down from its high.

Her tight hold on Eijirou started to loosen slightly, but she didn't want to lose his warmth and protective figure. He never left her in a time of need and that's what she loved most about him. He was truly an amazing person...

As time flew by, all four of them ended up in the living room, letting Karin watch tv as she drank the hot chocolate quietly. Everyone was piled up on the couch, nearly half asleep. Karin out of all of them couldn't even manage to shut her eyes. The fear of sleeping was so bold, but on the other hand, she felt horrible for bringing her family down like this.

She leaned her head against Eijirou's shoulder, making him smile slightly. "Love ya KK," he sighed. His elbow rested on the arm of the couch, while he leaned onto the palm of his hand. He couldn't stay up for much longer and let himself fall asleep gradually.

"Love you too," she muttered. She set her empty glass down and cuddled up against him as her dull eyes stared at the screen. They remained grey..

She's had the same type of nightmares about her mother for the past year and a half. It was almost uncontrollable and it pained her when everyone else always bent to her needs. Her family was exhausted but never bothered to say anything.

Why..?

Why do they care so much anymore.. even after seeing my scars?

Her eyes drifted to the rough pigments of skin on her arms to where her scars laid. They weren't so noticeable anymore, but the memory of it was still there. They asked her many times of why she did it..

Maybe it was because she was tired of being strong for too long..

***

"KATSUKI WAKE UP, YOU BASTARD!!"

A pillow was thrown at the ash blonde, startling him of his dreams. His night couldn't have been any more peaceful; lucky him right?

"God damn it, you fucking hag!" His arm dangled over the side of his bed as the pillow laid over his face. He was not in the mood to get up early on the weekend. Aww shit, I told her to wake me up early didn't I..?

His eyes fluttered open as he sat up slowly in bed. What was the reason again?

Mitsuki sighed with annoyance as she grabbed the pillow and whacked him across the face with it. "You asked me to wake your ass up and now you're acting like a fucking zombie! Get up! You wanted to visit a friend didn't ya?!"

Oh right..

He bared his teeth and grabbed the pillow from her grasp. "IM UP DAMN IT! Jesus!!"
She rested her hands on her hips and observed his organized room. He spent the previous night cleaning it so she wouldn't rat out his ass about it today.
"Who is this friend anyways kid?"

He narrowed his eyes at his mother and made a tsk sound with his teeth. "As if I'd tell you." He got up and started to pull up the covers so he'd make his bed for the day. You know for a strange hedgehog like him, he was actually decent when it came to his room and living space.

"Oh please. It's a girl isn't it?" She raised a brow, making him stiffen.
"What?!"

"Come on Katsuki. You're not slick. You never ask me to wake you up just so you can visit a friend. This must be somewhat important to you anyways. What's her name?" Mitsuki seemed so cocky and excited about her accusation that it visibly made him sick.

"Th-that's none of your damn business!!"

She chuckled and rolled her eyes. "You stuttered asshole. Tell me her name."

He finished up fixing the bed and huffed. "Karin.. Kirishima."

Her eyes lit up and she clapped her hands together. She didn't know her but the thought of it all was surely delightful. "Aww how cute! Well I'm off to work! Oh- and you better bring protection mister!!"

He nearly choked on his own spit. "WHAT THE FUCK?! SHUT UP!!!"

***

Soon enough, he finished getting ready for the day. He ended up getting his coffee for the morning and dragged himself to get into a nice black shirt and jeans. He hated waking up early, but at least it would have been worth it. Right?

It was the weekend and so this would be the perfect time to catch up with Karin. He grabbed his phone and texted her out of the blue. Hopefully the bitch isn't sleeping..

[8:19 am]
Katsuki Bakugou: where's your damn house at?

The notification of her phone pulled Karin out of her thoughts. Eijirou's parents were already up and out of the house. They were beyond tired but they pulled through, so her and Eijirou were the only ones in the house.

He was passed out on the couch while she was wide awake. She sighed grabbed her phone before reading the message. H-he wants to come here..?

She blushed and texted back.

[8:20 am]
Karin: why..?

[8:21 am]
Katsuki Bakugou: Just give me your fucking address damn it. I'm coming over!

Her eyes widen as her heartbeat sped up. Her parents weren't home and only Kirishima was around. I'm not allowed to see him though...
She sighed and caved into the idea before sending him her address.

Surprisingly enough, she didn't live too far from his house. He was only about a mile away so he began walking as soon he saw the house numbers. In the meantime, Karin rushed upstairs to take a quick shower before changing into some better clothes. She was a mess after what happened last night and honestly, she didn't want him finding out of what happened either.

After changing into a T-shirt and leggings, she cleaned up the bathroom and started to fix up her bedroom. It wasn't messy but her bed needed to be redone.

Then afterwards, she waited by the window. Hopefully she'd catch him showing up so he wouldn't knock at the door. She didn't want Eijirou to wake up.

He stirred in his sleep but his eyes remained closed. He was a bear in the mornings and barely had enough energy to wake up from last night.

And soon it want long until she let a certain spiky haired blonde through the door. He glanced around and noticed Eijirou passed out on the couch as he took off his shoes. She closed the door gently and raised a small finger to her lips. Her cousins snoring filled the living room as they both snuck upstairs.

His eyes wandered a bit around the house since this was about the second time he's been here in a long while. Katsuki of course noticed that her eyes were grey. "What does that color mean," he whispered sharply.

She walked into her bedroom and plopped onto her bed. "Nothing.."

He crossed his arms and narrowed his eyes at her. "Bullshit. What does it mean?"

She frowned and stared at the floor for a moment. For some reason, Karin couldn't exactly tell what it meant. It was like a chain was tightening around her throat every time she spoke. He sauntered towards her with his jaw clenched. "You're not gonna tell me, aren't you?"

She started fidgeting with her black leggings and avoided his crimson eyes. He was always so intimidating..

But soon she felt him flick her forehead. "Tsk, Whatever. Just get some damn shoes on and follow me." She looked up at him with a puzzled look.
"Where are we going?"

"Out. I'm fucking hungry... and then we're going to my house to train your Sorry ass."

***

This is ... different..

Honestly, she's never been to a cat cafe before. At first, Bakugou was wanting to go to a breakfast joint but when she saw the cats leaning up against the window, she just couldn't resist. "Aww, can we see them just real quick?"

"Ugh! Karin that's a cat cafe!"

"What's that?"

So yeah, she convinced him to stay. They took their seat and ordered some food. He ended up getting spicy breakfast ramen while she ordered herself an omelette. It wasn't long until they got the food either.
"Breakfast ramen..?"

He narrowed his eyes at her and stabbed his chopsticks into the dish. There was an over-easy egg on the top as sausage, onions, and mushrooms were mixed within the pasta. She never knew that there was such thing as that...

He rolled his eyes and grabbed a small helping with his chopsticks. "You want a damn bite?"

She slowly nodded and took the bite he offered. At first, it was pretty good.. but then the spice kicked in. Her eyes widened as her face scrunched up from the feeling of her mouth burning. No, it was melting!

She grabbed her water and chugged it down while Bakugou was cracking up laughing in the background. "Oh my god! You idiot!"
She gasped for air as she downed all the water already. It barely worked. She rushed up to the front of the cafe and politely got a hold of one of waitresses. "M-May I please get some milk??"

Blush spread on her face from embarrassment and from the heat in her mouth. She was quickly given a glass before she too drunk it. And the relief that followed was complete heaven. A low chuckle risen from his chest as he eyed the scene she's made. At least there wasn't many people around.

"This is why you eat your own food," he grinned.

She sat back down and set down the empty tall glass from the milk she consume. He raised a brow. "Um... you just a milk mustache you nerd."

Karin quickly wiped it off with a napkin. How embarrassing..
"H-how can you even e-eat that?!"

"Heh, my quirk allows for me to sweat nitroglycerin that creates explosions. I think I can handle spicy ramen." He kept eating his food while she was still recovering.
"Maybe you should eat more stuff like this to build a damn tolerance," he scoffed.

Her eye color changed to green as she stared at his bowl of "food". Gross..
"N-no thanks..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

502K 31.2K 95
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
11.4K 530 8
"Little by little, one travels far. I, however, traveled a little to far." A traveling sprite stumbled upon the black carriage by accident. He didn't...
3K 188 25
FORMERLY I Only Intended To Work With The Dead, Not The Undead (Originally Posted on AO3 by yours truly, but I decided to post it here too!) It never...
9.2K 530 6
𝜊𝜊𝜊. 𝙑𝙄𝘿𝙀𝙊𝙂𝘼𝙈𝙀 𝙇𝙊𝙑𝙀𝙍 ❜⠀❫⠀───⠀❝ 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎 𝚞𝚙 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚍𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚊 𝙫𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙤 𝙜𝙖𝙢𝙚. ❞ ▰▰ ⤷ 💖 ˓ ⊹﹅˚. ‹ a 𝙝𝙖𝙞𝙠𝙮𝙪...