Sherlock - TAEGYU

By RIA__NOONA

Kang Taehyun thought that he knew everything about his dormmate, Choi Beomgyu. A cheery-enthusiastic, caring... More

Introduction
Chapter 1: Choi Beomgyu
Chapter 2: A 'Peaceful' Day
Chapter 3: Homicide or Suicide?
Chapter 4: Rooftop and Restrooms
Chapter 5: Unveil Killer
Chapter 6: Explain
Chapter 7: Teddy Bear
Chapter 8: A Note and A Silhouette
Chapter 9: Obsessed
Chapter 10: Knight In Shining Armor
Chapter 11: Thoughts and A Pillow fight
Chapter 12: And it all goes- BOOM!
Chapter 13: Choi Soobin
Chapter 14: Eslite
Chapter 15: A Fake?
Chapter 16: Friends or not?
Chapter 17: Detective Lessons In An Amusement Park
Chapter 18: Roller Skating with a chance of Pick-locking
Chapter 19: Voices Of the Library
Chapter 20: Mystery Solved!
Chapter 21: Red Lipstick
Chapter 23: Lies For Mi Corazon
Chapter 24: Lo, and Behold!
Chapter 25: May I have this dance, Monsieur?
Chapter 26: Colors of a Russian Roulette
Chapter 27: Let's play a Game
Chapter 28: You're safe, that's what matters
Chapter 29: Kai's Amusement Park Hang-out Demand
Chapter 30: It's A Date? It's A Date!
Chapter 31: I Found Something!
Chapter 32: The Wall That Talks
Chapter 33: Can I hold your hand?
Chapter 34: Labyrinth of Codes
Chapter 35: I LO♥️E U
Chapter 36: Trouble Trouble
Chapter 37: Pandora's Box
Chapter 38: The informant
Chapter 39: Heartbreak
Chapter 40: Heartbreak Part II
Chapter 41: Soojun
Chapter 42: little details, little clues
Chapter 43: what is a name when it is not?
Chapter 44: you can crack it, but not literally
Chapter 45: suspicious?
Chapter 46: A Wall Listens
Chapter 47: CAUGHT. YOU
Chapter 48: Psycho, pyscho hiss, hiss
Chapter 49: Context
Chapter 50: Miss you
Chapter 51: Saturday (let's cuddle)
Chapter 52: An Invitation to a Ball
Chapter 53: Promise Me
Chapter 54: Hotel
Chapter 55: Partners
Chapter 56: Doors
Chapter 57: Literal Escape Rooms
Chapter 58: Literal Escape Rooms Pt.2
Chapter 59: Literal Escape Rooms Pt.3
Chapter 60: Literal Escape Rooms Pt.4
Chapter 61: A painting, and some Thoughts about the 'L' word
Chapter 62: A dance to information
Chapter 63: Golden hour
Chapter 64: Quite Peaceful
Chapter 65: The Bus
Chapter 66: Confusion in its finest
Chapter 67: Kahimanawari (kahit man lang kung maari)
Chapter 68: Talks of Tension and a Book
Chapter 69: Campfire talks Pt.1
Chapter 70: Campfire talks Pt.2
Chapter 71: Processing and Realizations
Chapter 72: Overthinking at its finest
Chapter 73: A (Not so) Simple Conversation
Chapter 74: A little something about jealousy
Chapter 75: Tatlong bilyon ikaw lamang ang aking gusto
Chapter 76: Surprise in Red
Chapter 77: Take a Chance With Me
Chapter 78: Rain, Rain Go Away
Chapter 79: Jung and Huening (Crazy Duo)

Chapter 22: Red Lipstick PART II

2.1K 149 107
By RIA__NOONA

Note: Don't expect too much y'all. I really did a bad job in this chapter.

Taehyun gulped and looked away as the paramedics placed Park Minyoung's corpse on a gurney. The police were already on the scene and the all too familiar yellow tape was once again present at the cafeteria's door. Jeongin wasn't with him anymore since his boyfriend came rushing when he heard that his precious Innie witnessed a murder.

"Huh, who would've thought a murder would take place at the cafeteria? Life sure is a plot twisted movie." Beomgyu said nonchalantly, standing beside the young boy.

So he guesses that it's just him and Beomgyu,

As usual.

"So? What did Inspector Sehun say? What caused the pretty lady her unexpected demise?" Taehyun asked, glancing at his hyung.

Beomgyu let out a twisted chortle, one that the younger knew that he was up to no good. "Why don't we check it out for ourselves?" a lazy grin appeared on the brunette's luscious lips, grabbing the police tape and pulled it up high.

The brunette averted his gaze to Taehyun. "After you, monsieur," he says teasingly, using his free hand to gesture the young boy to enter.

Taehyun rolled his eyes, and scoffed, but nevertheless entered the crime scene. "You really have a way of lighting up this whole murder scene, hyung."

The brunette only smiled at the younger's comment and walked towards the spot where Park Min-young was formerly laid. Taehyun gulped when his mind wandered to the image of the now dead seniors body.

Her face was in a deathly shade of purple. Eyes were dilated, no signs of life, she was even having convulsions, and her mouth was dry to the bone. Taehyun shuddered, dread creeping through his veins, for once he was glad he hadn't eaten anything.

"Now don't be scared of what you saw earlier. You'll be seeing way more gruesome sights than that my dear," Beomgyu spoke, glancing at Taehyun.

The blonde haired latter gave him a look. "Thanks hyung, that really helped. A lot," he says sarcastically.

Beomgyu chortled, "My pleasure sweetcheeks."

"Say Taehyun-ah. By any chance, did Min-young-sunbaenim drank on this cup?" Beomgyu asked, pointing at a white stero-cup that had a smudge of red lipstick on it.

Taehyun tilted his head, trying to remember if the senior put on lipstick. "I think she didn't though. But I'm sure this was her cup," the blonde says, pointing at the cup Beomgyu gestured.

The brunette clicked his tongue, shaking his head, his says. "I am utterly disappointed Taehyun-ah. How can you not notice that she wore lipstick?"

Taehyun averted his gaze to Beomgyu. "I-I mean, she did have a little shade of red on her lips. But I thought it was natural."

His dorm mate sighed. "Well I guess you need more lessons on observing then. Anyways," Beomgyu picked up the cup with his latex covered hand, and observed it. "Since you're also one of the few students present before Park Min-young's demise. I might as well ask you some questions, Taehyun-ah."

"Okay, fire 'way."

One thing Choi Beomgyu likes about Kang Taehyun is that he is as calm as he is straightforward. Well,

Just don't make him enter a haunted house.

Anyways, back to the topic at hand.

"Did Min-young-ssi bought this for herself?" Beomgyu asked, pertaining to the cup.

"No, a friend of hers gave it to her," Taehyun says.

"Did you see her friend get up from their seat and got some water?"

Taehyun shook his head. "No not really."

"Hmm, I see. Well there's either two possibilities on how she met her demise." Beomgyu said, placing the cup down on the table. "First is either her friend gave her a poisoned drink. Or the lipstick she was already wearing was shaded with poison."

Taehyun's eyes widen. "A-Are you serious? Why.... why would her lipstick be poisonous?"

Beomgyu chuckled. "It's just a theory I've came up when we interviewed her friends sweetcheeks. But we'll soon know the answer when Inspector Sehun gets back from the errand I gave him a minute ago "

Taehyun shook his head. "Seriously, why are you so rude towards the inspector?"

The older shrugged, a lousy grin graced his lips before saying. "I don't know."

Taehyun scoffed, 'Unbelievable.'

Then, suddenly, the two boys saw the Inspector walk in. He spotted the two boys and marched to their direction, Taehyun took noticed that he was holding a zip-lock bag and inside was- a make-up kit?

Well, knowing that the murder weapon can possibly be in there then why would Taehyun be surprised?

Oh boy, he was actually getting used to these kind of situations very quickly. Leaving the poor blonde scared a bit.

But nah~

He must admit, solving cases with Beomgyu was really entertaining. It gave his high school life a bit of- spice- to it. Although dangerous, it was thrilling.

"Ah, inspector Sehun! I was wondering when you'll show up. I was getting a bit worried since you were three minutes behind the clock," Beomgyu greeted the said male with a tight-lipped smile.

Taehyun gave his hyung a powerful nudge on the rib. Earning a moan of pain from the older male who was craddling the spot where he was nudged.

"I'm sorry about his bratty mannerism inspector," the blonde gave Sehun an apologetic smile and bowed to apologize in behalf of his dorm mate and his rudeness.

Sehun shook his hand and smiled. "No need for that Taehyun, I'm quite used to his treatment of me."

"A-Anyways-" Beomgyu cleared his throat, wincing a bit since Taehyun really gave him a hard nudge. "Assuming that you don't look disappointed nor dishearted then I guess you have what I asked you to get."

Sehun sighs, seriously, sometimes he even wonders how Taehyun deals with this brat of a young detective?

"Taehyun has gotten used to it, so don't wonder anymore of that useless thought sir," Beomgyu mumbled nonchalantly, even though it was a lie.

The inspector gave him a wide-eyed stare and says. "Will you stop reading my mind, young man?"

"Well technically I wasn't reading your mind. I was merely observing your reactions, seriously, why do people always assume its magic? That's very typical of you Inspector," Beomgyu sighed.

Well actually, Beomgyu never shows his bratty attitude to his dorm mate anymore. And the reason? Well, if there's one thing that THE Choi Beomgyu is scared of, then that would be on cleaning duty for a week.

Trust him, there was a time when he decided to be a brat one day and Taehyun made him scrub the toilet.

Twice.

"Anywho, let's stop this mindless chit-chat." Beomgyu says, eyes telling the Inspector to hand him the zip-lock bag in a- not so respectful way.

Sehun sighs and handed him the zip-lock bag. "You really need to work on your manners young man."

"Though I'm still confused why you wanted to check out her make-up kit," Sehun uttered.

"To find out of what kind of weapon did the killer use to kill their victim," Beomgyu said, mumbling an obviously before taking the make-up kit from the zip-lock bag.

Sehun tilted his head. "But why in a make-up kit?"

Beomgyu didn't answer and continued to rummage the make-up kit. So Taehyun took the honors in informing the inspector.

"Beomgyu-hyung thinks that Min-young-sunbae was killed due to the lipstick she wore," Taehyun tells the older male.

Sehun frowned. "Are you sure? I mean, it could have been an allergic reaction for all we know."

Then, Taehyun remembered when he and Beomgyu were interviewing her friends.

"Highschool detectives?" a girl with wavy black hair scoffed, looking at the two boys.

"If this is a joke then please. Not us, we just lost a friend so can you just leave us alone?!" the raven head yelled.

"Actually," Taehyun started off. "We aren't a joke, we're human to be specific."

"Chae-rin calm down," another whose hair was tied in a ponytail said. "They just wanna ask us a few questions about Min-young," she said softly.

The girl, Chae-rin scoffed, and backed away.

The girl in a ponytail gave the two boys an apologetic smile. "Sorry about that, I'm Seo-jin by the way. And that's Chae-rin, she and Min-youngie are best friends."

Beomgyu shook his head and smiled. "Ah, don't worry about it. Anyway, Ms. Seo-jin would mind if my assistant and I would ask you two some questions?"

Seo-jin looked over at Chae-rin who only scoffed but nodded overall. She averted her gaze to the brunette latter and smiled. "Of course."

"Alright then," Beomgyu dropped his smile and became even more serious than before. "What is your relationship with Min-young-sunbae?"

"Well, we're friends. Best friends tbh," Chae-rin uttered.

Beomgyu nodded. "Does Ms. Min-young have any allergies or any thing that concerns her health?"

The two shook her head. "No, Min-young doesn't have any allergies what-so-ever. She's basically as healthy as anyone."

"Did she, in anyway, leave her seat when you guys were in the cafeteria?"

"No but before we entered the cafeteria Chae-rin, Min-young and I went to the bathroom. She said she wanted to re-touch her make-up," Seo-jin stated.

Beomgyu hummed while Taehyun listened intently.

"Tell me, what brand of lipstick did she have?"

The two girls (even Taehyun) gave him a weird look. "E-Excuse me what?" Chae-rin asked.

Beomgyu raised a brow, "Do I need to repeat myself?"

"It was Morelle Mortelle, I think. It was customized too, it has her name carved on it. It was a gift from her admirers" Chae-rin says, eyes flashing sadness at the lost of her friend.

"Hmm, I see. Well, thank you for cooperating sunbaes, and we're sorry for your loss," Beomgyu said, eyes not leaving a certain lady as he bows in gratitude.

Taehyun notices this and frowns. Who was his hyung looking at? Wait, was his hyung turned on by the two seniors?

"Oh, no need for that. C'mon Chae-rin, let's go," Seo-jin gestured the raven head and the two walked away.

"But Chae-rin-sunbae said that Min-young-sunbae doesn't have allergies or anything," Taehyun says, coming to Beomgyu's defense.

"And with that being said, my theory can still be put to the table." Beomgyu spoke, fishing out a black midnight colored tube that had the deceased seniors name carved on it in the middle.

Taking the cover from the lipstick, Beomgyu held the cosmetic near his eyes, expression blank. Digging into his pockets, he fished out his phone and took a picture of the cosmetic. Earning confused looks from Taehyun and the Inspector.

"Inspector Sehun, when will the autopsy report be completed?" Beomgyu asked, placing the lipstick back into the make-up kit.

"The autopsy will be released around 6 in the morning," Sehun said.

"Hmm, I see. Well, your services are no longer needed for now, sir. You can go now," Beomgyu says, giving the officer a tight lipped smile.

Chuckling, Sehun shook his head. "Alright then, just call me when you found the suspect," and with that, Sehun walked away.

"Say hyung, do you think one of Min-young-sunbaenim's friends killed her?" Taehyun suddenly asked.

"Hmm, there's a possibility that they can be the murderers. But let's face it sweetcheeks, sometimes it takes the oblivious to take down the obvious. But to be honest, this case isn't even that hard." Beomgyu stated, placing his phone back into his pocket.

And a malicious smirk appeared on his lips.

"We just need to find a certain admirer of hers."

To: Annoying dolphin

[Image attached]

Give me all the names of the CYSM students who purchased this kind of lipstick.

From: Annoying Dolphin

Got it👍

___________________________________________

Yeah, I know, author-nim came back with another cliffhanger. Sorry~🤧😭

And I apologize for the crappy chapter.

But I hope you liked it tho:)

-Ria

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.3K 3.9K 21
where strict, rule-abiding bodyguard kang taehyun is hired to protect chaebol heir choi beomgyu who is a walking menace to mental sanity. [#1 in kpo...
31.8K 1.5K 43
High school wasn't Yeonjun's thing, he hated it. His "bad boy" persona scared all of his previous roommates however a new -annoying- boy was announce...
84.6K 5.9K 51
Choi Soobin works for an agency created to take down criminals who show up on government radars. The criminals who are your top notch hackers, sneaki...
16.7K 658 34
Kang Taehyun, a well studied young college student, had been living in his dorm in peace until recently he'd been getting his peace disturbed by a ce...