Sherlock - TAEGYU

By RIA__NOONA

Kang Taehyun thought that he knew everything about his dormmate, Choi Beomgyu. A cheery-enthusiastic, caring... More

Introduction
Chapter 1: Choi Beomgyu
Chapter 2: A 'Peaceful' Day
Chapter 3: Homicide or Suicide?
Chapter 4: Rooftop and Restrooms
Chapter 5: Unveil Killer
Chapter 6: Explain
Chapter 7: Teddy Bear
Chapter 8: A Note and A Silhouette
Chapter 9: Obsessed
Chapter 10: Knight In Shining Armor
Chapter 11: Thoughts and A Pillow fight
Chapter 12: And it all goes- BOOM!
Chapter 13: Choi Soobin
Chapter 14: Eslite
Chapter 15: A Fake?
Chapter 16: Friends or not?
Chapter 17: Detective Lessons In An Amusement Park
Chapter 18: Roller Skating with a chance of Pick-locking
Chapter 19: Voices Of the Library
Chapter 21: Red Lipstick
Chapter 22: Red Lipstick PART II
Chapter 23: Lies For Mi Corazon
Chapter 24: Lo, and Behold!
Chapter 25: May I have this dance, Monsieur?
Chapter 26: Colors of a Russian Roulette
Chapter 27: Let's play a Game
Chapter 28: You're safe, that's what matters
Chapter 29: Kai's Amusement Park Hang-out Demand
Chapter 30: It's A Date? It's A Date!
Chapter 31: I Found Something!
Chapter 32: The Wall That Talks
Chapter 33: Can I hold your hand?
Chapter 34: Labyrinth of Codes
Chapter 35: I LO♥️E U
Chapter 36: Trouble Trouble
Chapter 37: Pandora's Box
Chapter 38: The informant
Chapter 39: Heartbreak
Chapter 40: Heartbreak Part II
Chapter 41: Soojun
Chapter 42: little details, little clues
Chapter 43: what is a name when it is not?
Chapter 44: you can crack it, but not literally
Chapter 45: suspicious?
Chapter 46: A Wall Listens
Chapter 47: CAUGHT. YOU
Chapter 48: Psycho, pyscho hiss, hiss
Chapter 49: Context
Chapter 50: Miss you
Chapter 51: Saturday (let's cuddle)
Chapter 52: An Invitation to a Ball
Chapter 53: Promise Me
Chapter 54: Hotel
Chapter 55: Partners
Chapter 56: Doors
Chapter 57: Literal Escape Rooms
Chapter 58: Literal Escape Rooms Pt.2
Chapter 59: Literal Escape Rooms Pt.3
Chapter 60: Literal Escape Rooms Pt.4
Chapter 61: A painting, and some Thoughts about the 'L' word
Chapter 62: A dance to information
Chapter 63: Golden hour
Chapter 64: Quite Peaceful
Chapter 65: The Bus
Chapter 66: Confusion in its finest
Chapter 67: Kahimanawari (kahit man lang kung maari)
Chapter 68: Talks of Tension and a Book
Chapter 69: Campfire talks Pt.1
Chapter 70: Campfire talks Pt.2
Chapter 71: Processing and Realizations
Chapter 72: Overthinking at its finest
Chapter 73: A (Not so) Simple Conversation
Chapter 74: A little something about jealousy
Chapter 75: Tatlong bilyon ikaw lamang ang aking gusto
Chapter 76: Surprise in Red
Chapter 77: Take a Chance With Me
Chapter 78: Rain, Rain Go Away
Chapter 79: Jung and Huening (Crazy Duo)

Chapter 20: Mystery Solved!

2.3K 159 227
By RIA__NOONA

Once Beomgyu left the room, Taehyun was still in the position when the older hovered over him. His hair was a bit messy as he stared at the ceiling.

'E-Eh? W-What was that all about?"

Pushing the image of the tensioned scene that had happened into the deepest depths of his mind. Taehyun got out of bed, not even bothering of brushing his hair and snatched a sweater before exiting his bedroom.

When he reached the living room, Taehyun saw his dorm mate at the door frame. Beomgyu was holding the doorknob with his right hand, and a flashlight on his left. His hood was down, exposing his slightly messy brown hair. Unconsciously, Taehyun combed his hair with his fingertips, attempting to tame them.

"Ah, finally. My little honeybee has left its hive. I was beginning to think that you fell asleep again," Beomgyu chuckled.

The blonde scoffed, giving him a glare. "First of all, I'm not a honeybee. And second, did you really think that I'd fall asleep?" 'After that stunt you did a minute ago?'

"Aigoo, why so grouchy sweetcheeks? Did I interrupt your dream about me kissing you?" the latter cooed, pinching Taehyun's cheek.

The latter swatted Beomgyu's hand before saying. "Ha! You wish, let's get going now. The faster we get to the library, the sooner I get back to my bed."

+×+

The two males strolled the dark grounds of the school with nothing but a flashlight. Beomgyu was leading the way since he had the flashlight in his grasps. While Taehyun was gripping onto the hem of his dorm mate's hoodie, he was a tad bit scared of the dark.

After a few minutes, they were now standing infront of the alleged haunted library. The bomb incident immediately flashed into their memory lane.

"Huh, guess the rumors were true about the library at night. It really does look like an asylum," Beomgyu spoke hands in his pockets.

Taehyun slapped him on the arm, "Can you not?! The campus looks like a graveyard at this hour. What if we see something that can't be explained!" he hissed, eyes anxiously dancing from one place to another. Afraid that something- out of this world- would pop out, out of nowhere.

The older male snorted and glanced down at the younger. "Don't tell me your scared now?"

Taehyun glanced at him before shaking his head. Scoffing, he says, "Me? Scared? Pfft, I'm Kang Taehyun! Nothing scares me."

"If so then why're you giving my poor hoodie the iron grip? You've been tensed ever since we've set foot outside and you keep scanning every perimeter as if something would pop out in any second. And not to mention you flinch every time we hear noises. Now tell me, honeybee." Beomgyu placed his index finger under Taehyun's chin, making the younger boy face him. "Do I need my eyes checked or you admit that you're scared."

Taehyun stared back at him for awhile before whispering. "I think you should get your eyes checked, hyung."

Beomgyu mentally sighed, 'How stubborn can he possibly be?'

"Alright then, stay close and don't wander. I don't want anything to happen to you because it's dark. And humans are at their most vulnerable state when it's past their bed time." he explained.

"Are you pertaining me to a child?!" Taehyun whisper-yelled.

The older male gave him a side-glance, face blank with emotions. "Frankly I'm pertaining you as you. You are a human yes? But a child can fit the definition as well."

"Okay, now you're just being sarcastic. Let's just enter the lib- Wah!"

Taehyun quickly clung onto Beomgyu when he felt something on his leg. "Please don't be a rotten arm, please don't be a rotten arm." Taehyun chanted, eyes closed tightly as he clung onto his dorm mate like his life depended on it.

Startled by the younger's sudden fright. Beomgyu placed a hand on the blonde's shoulder, running his hand up and down as an attempt to calm the poor latter. "Don't worry Taehyun-ah, it's just a bug."

"O-Oh," was all the young boy could say before un-clinging himself from the older. Taehyun chuckled sheepishly. "I-I knew that, you know what hyung? I-I'll just.... stick with you. Yeah, I'll stick with you," the blonde said shakily, linking an arm around the older's left arm, scooting close to the latter.

Beomgyu shook his head, a smile painted across his lips. 'Nothing scares him he says, what nonsense.'

"Good to know you will, now c'mon. Mystery awaits," with that being said, the two boys entered the library.

Standing before the two huge doors of the reading haven, Beomgyu took the honors on opening the door. Upon twisting the knob, the brunette was quite shocked, he didn't expect the door to be left unlocked. He examined the keyhole of the doorknob, it didn't have any scratches or any signs of it getting pick-locked.

'Strange, Ms. Chu doesn't leave the library doors unlocked.'

But then again, Ms. Chu was old, she was already in her late fifties and was nearing the age of sixty. Beomgyu wouldn't be surprised if she forgotten to lock up and unintentionally leave her things in places already.

Pushing it open, the door made a soft creak that was unlikely to be heard. Entering the dark library, Taehyun scooted even closer to Beomgyu, well he was likely clinging to the older for dear life.

"Wow, San-hyung was right. The inside does look creepy at nighttime," Beomgyu whispered.

"Yeah right, creepy and horrifying," Taehyun mumbled.

"Aw come on. It's not that scary-

A loud an horrifying shriek echoed through the empty walls of the library. Accompanied by a screech and a grunt.

"D-Did you hear that hyung?" Taehyun stammered.

Beomgyu nodded, fishing out his phone, he checked the time.

12:00 AM

'Looks like we're on ti-'

Screeeeeh!

The two boys flinch upon hearing the sound. "It's true! T-The legend was legit! The spirits of the library are coming for our souls!" Taehyun cried, backhugging his dorm mate.

Beomgyu let out a shaky sigh, there was no way paranormal beings existed. He knew there was a logical explanation behind those noises, there has to be.

Then loud bangings were heard, now mixing with the horrible shrieks, sorrowful moans and grunts, along with the screeches.

"Oh man, we're gonna die!" Taehyun whisper-yelled, burying his face on Beomgyu's back, hugging him tighter.

Although he hated to admit, but Beomgyu was indeed a tad bit scared. Swallowing the lump on his throat, he let his eyes scanned every corner of the library. But then, he noticed something,

One of the doors of the study rooms were open and a faint light was coming out from the door.

'Aha, maybe the rumors weren't true after all.'

Without any hesitation, Beomgyu switched off the flashlight. Making poor Taehyun flinch and panic, "Yah! W-Why did you turn it off?!" he hissed, slapping Beomgyu's back.

The older male didn't respond, looking over to face the younger. Beomgyu placed his index finger on his mouth, telling Taehyun to quiet down. And pointed at the door that had light coming out of it.

Taehyun blinked a couple of times. "W-Why is there light coming out of one of the study rooms? Ms. Chu never forgets to turn them off," he whispered, peering from Beomgyu's back.

"Well she's old. She's bound to forget things every now and then," Beomgyu retorted. "Anyways, let's go."

Despite being scared of the dark, Taehyun nodded. "Alright, let's do this."

Beomgyu slipped the flashlight into his hoodie pocket and took a hold of Taehyun's hand. And slowly made their way to the source of the light, upon getting closer. The horrendous noises were getting louder and louder with each step they took.

Beomgyu averted his gaze to the blonde. "Ready to meet the ghosts sweetcheeks?"

"And die? Sure, I mean. I'm sure I lived long enough." Taehyun answered plainly.

Slightly chuckling at the younger's response. Beomgyu slowly peeked through the slightly ajared door, his body stiffened, face pale at what he saw.

"Hyung? What's wrong? I-Is it that bad?" Taehyun whispered, mindlessly peeking through the slightly opened door.

And all Taehyun could think of was,

OH

MY

GOD

There, inside of the study room. Was Ms. Chu, leaning against a table, and on top of her was the guard who was supposed to be patrolling the school at night. And what was worst, they were both naked to the bone!

Taehyun covered his mouth when he watched them perform an intense act of intimacy. The librarian released a moan of pleasure that echoed through the empty library. Making it sound like a howl, accompanied by screech from the table and a grunt from the night guard.

For once, Taehyun wished he was attacked by a vengeful ghost rather than seeing this- intimate act.

And without any hesitation, Beomgyu immediately sprinted out off the library. Dragging the poor blonde who almost tripped in the process.

Once they were outside, the two boys were panting. Faces red with utter embarrassment of what they saw.

"D-Did I see that right? Or was Ms. Chu and the night guard really making out?!" Taehyun shouted between his heavy breaths.

Beomgyu scoffed. "Well, if you didn't see it clearly then c'mon. Let's go back in and confir-

"N-No! There is no way am I going inside the library ever again! Never!" Taehyun yelled, the image of the scene was still fresh in his mind. Oh boy, he'll surely get nightmares of those later on.

"Guess that solves the mystery of the haunted rumors," Beomgyu sighed. Oh brother, erasing the scene from his memory vault will be quite challenging.

"Oh my gosh, it keeps replaying on my head! Oh my poor eyes, they just got tain....ted..." Taehyun yawned, rubbing his eyes.

His dorm mate let out a chuckle. "Sleepy now, are we?"

Taehyun stubbornly shook his head. "Nope! Not sleepy at all. C'mon let's head back to the dorms." he said, blinking ever so often, swaying like a boat as he attempted to walk.

Beomgyu watched in amusement as the latter swayed from left to right, if you ask him. The younger looks like a tipsy party squirrel to be honest. Which the older finds insanely adorable.

Just as when Taehyun was about to fall on the grass.

"Whoops! Gotcha," Beomgyu muttered, catching the younger by his armpits. "Hyung, where's the dorm?" the blonde asked sleepily.

The older sighed, a sleepy Taehyun was quite a handful. "I'll bring you to the dorms Taehyun-ah," he said, placing the younger's left arm around his neck, his right hand on the younger's waist and and with his left hand, Beomgyu scooped Taehyun into a bridal hold.

Stumbling a bit, the older adjusted his grip on Taehyun's thighs. Unable to control his drowsiness the young lad snuggled onto the older's crook, inhaling his scent. Beomgyu cracked a smile when he glanced at the now sleeping latter on his arms.

'Adorable.' he thought before walking back to their dorm unit, with Taehyun on his arms.

Upon reaching their unit and after a hard time opening the door. Beomgyu took a beeline to his room and softly placed his dorm mate on the bed's mattress. (Since he was too lazy to drop the younger to his own bedroom. Besides, it was locked.)

Before joining in, Beomgyu decided to take a quick shower since he felt a bit icky because of the sweat forming on his neck and back. Really, he should have taken off the hoodie, it was too thick. Taking off his hoodie, Beomgyu threw it into the laundry basket and entered the bathroom. Once he finished taking a quick shower, Beomgyu slid into a new pair of pajamas before joining a sleeping Taehyun on his bed.

+×+

The next morning Taehyun woke up because of a weight on his waist. Fluttering his eyes open, he came face to face with his hyung's handsome face. His bangs covered his eyes and his lips were slightly parted, soft snores coming out from them. Even in his sleep, Beomgyu still looked gorgeous.

As Taehyun's eyes lowered to the older's upper body, he noticed one thing. His hyung,

was shirtless.

Slowly his cheeks started to heat up and his deluded mind tried to make any possibility of them doing something yesterday night after witnessing that-that, nevermind.

While Taehyun was busy hyperventilating. "You know staring at someone is rude. Especially when they're asleep." Beomgyu mumbled, eyes fluttering open as he stared directly at Taehyun.

"I-I wasn't s-staring! I was just..... s-shocked that I wasn't in my room and, can you put on a shirt?!" Taehyun outbursted, face now rivals a strawberry.

The older scoffed, "It's my body. I can do whatever I want. And don't you have a test today?"

Taehyun glanced at the brunette's alarm clock. His eyes widen as it was almost eight o'clock. "Oh sh..." quickly getting out from Beomgyu's bed, Taehyun dashed into his room and unlocked it. He grabbed his towel and sprung into the bathroom, taking a quick shower before dressing himself up with his school uniform. Beomgyu would only watched in amusement, wondering how the younger male was so fast.

The young lad was about to walk pass his room when he turned back. Now facing Beomgyu. "Why aren't you getting ready for class?!" Taehyun asked, frantic.

"Nah, I'll skip for today," Beomgyu said plainly, hands on the back of his head.

Taehyun scoffed. "You always do, bye hyung!" the younger bid as he disappeared from the door frame.

Once Beomgyu heard their unit door slam shut. He hoisted himself from his bed, grabbing his phone from the nightstand and dialed a certain number. As he waited for the person to answer, he walked towards the center of his bedroom, placing a hand on his hips as he waited.

Once the call was connected, a female voice surged from the other line.

"Hello?"

"The Voices of the Undead Library. Does that somehow ring a bell?" Beomgyu said nonchalantly.

"The third winner from the creative poetry writing competition? What's wrong with that?"

The brunette scoffed. "Drop the innocent tone, it doesn't suit you." Beomgyu heard a chuckle from the other line.

"I see you figured me out sooner than I expected."

"I'm afraid so. Now tell me, why did you use my brother's lover to hand Taehyun a copy of that newspaper? And those supposed haunted rumors, they were your doings, weren't they?" He asked, voice dripping with authority.

"Hmm, I wouldn't say I used him. I merely asked him a favor. And to answer your second question, yes, they were my doing. I figured it was the best way to ignite a bit of fire before the contest started. And a natural way of getting you and your dorm mate out of your rooms."

Beomgyu frowned in confusion. "Getting us out? Why?"

"Open your study table's drawer."

Still confused to why his acquaintance said so. Beomgyu walked towards his study table and there he saw a white sealed letter, taking it out he asked. "Did you broke into my bedroom?"

Beomgyu heard a scoffed from the other line, he could picture his acquaintance rolling her eyes.

"And why would I do that? Anyways, I assume that you have a white sealed letter in your hands, correct?"

"Mm-hmm, now care to explain why this is inside my drawer?"

"Open it and I'll talk."

Rolling his eyes, Beomgyu teared the seal off the letter and unfolded it. But there was nothing written, however, it had a faint lemon-like scent.

'Wait, a lemon-like scent?'

Beomgyu walked towards his window and peered them open, allowing the morning breeze to splash his face and the scorching sun to pierce his honey colored skin. Once he did so, the brunette placed the letter in his hand and made it contact with the warm rays of the sun. A few moments later, words began to form on the once blank paper.

Enjoy your peace and freedom while you can,

For the wolves will come and snatch them from your land.

"If you think you're the only one who received a letter than drop that thought. Because almost everyone received one too."

Beomgyu chuckled. "Huh, you just read my mind. But quick question, does Taehyun have to report of what he and I saw last night?"

"Nah, no need. I already knew that a few days ago."

"Wait, you do?"

"How do you think I came up with that rumor? And I may or may not helped little Ni-ki with his genre of poetry too."

The brunette shook his head, "You're still as cunning as ever."

The female chuckled yet again.

"I'll take that as a compliment. Oh and do wear a shirt, you're attracting unwanted attention from up there."

Lowering his eyes down, Beomgyu saw some students staring at him- well more like gawking at his body. His eyes trailed to the line of trees near the dormitory, there he saw a silhouette holding a phone. He couldn't see its face, but he was certain that it was his acquaintance.

"Funny, you actually skip classes?" Beomgyu jested, leaning against the windowsill. Staring at the silhouette that was hidden by the trees, not caring if he made a crowd of fans underneath his dorm window.

"Wrong, I have gym." the voice grumbled.

The brunette smirked playfully. "Aww~ is that why your so grumpy-

Tut....tut....tut....

Beomgyu held his phone to his eye-level. "Did she just hang-up on me?" Scoffing, he pouted saying. "How rude, even Taehyun wouldn't hung-up on me while I'm talking."

When he averted his gaze again to the trees,

the silhouette was gone.

_______________________________________________

Who do you think Beomgyu was talking to on the phone👀?

I hope you liked this chapter:)

-Ria

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 194 20
Crimes were continues events in the famous Detective collage in South Korea, HYBE . That even include murders too. Police really worked hard to slov...
84.9K 5.9K 51
Choi Soobin works for an agency created to take down criminals who show up on government radars. The criminals who are your top notch hackers, sneaki...
16.7K 658 34
Kang Taehyun, a well studied young college student, had been living in his dorm in peace until recently he'd been getting his peace disturbed by a ce...
14.8K 876 20
Choi Beomgyu is the heir to Seoul's largest organized crime operation. Within the next few months, he will inherit his father's empire- and everythin...