Sherlock - TAEGYU

By RIA__NOONA

Kang Taehyun thought that he knew everything about his dormmate, Choi Beomgyu. A cheery-enthusiastic, caring... More

Introduction
Chapter 1: Choi Beomgyu
Chapter 2: A 'Peaceful' Day
Chapter 3: Homicide or Suicide?
Chapter 4: Rooftop and Restrooms
Chapter 5: Unveil Killer
Chapter 6: Explain
Chapter 7: Teddy Bear
Chapter 8: A Note and A Silhouette
Chapter 9: Obsessed
Chapter 10: Knight In Shining Armor
Chapter 11: Thoughts and A Pillow fight
Chapter 12: And it all goes- BOOM!
Chapter 13: Choi Soobin
Chapter 14: Eslite
Chapter 15: A Fake?
Chapter 17: Detective Lessons In An Amusement Park
Chapter 18: Roller Skating with a chance of Pick-locking
Chapter 19: Voices Of the Library
Chapter 20: Mystery Solved!
Chapter 21: Red Lipstick
Chapter 22: Red Lipstick PART II
Chapter 23: Lies For Mi Corazon
Chapter 24: Lo, and Behold!
Chapter 25: May I have this dance, Monsieur?
Chapter 26: Colors of a Russian Roulette
Chapter 27: Let's play a Game
Chapter 28: You're safe, that's what matters
Chapter 29: Kai's Amusement Park Hang-out Demand
Chapter 30: It's A Date? It's A Date!
Chapter 31: I Found Something!
Chapter 32: The Wall That Talks
Chapter 33: Can I hold your hand?
Chapter 34: Labyrinth of Codes
Chapter 35: I LOβ™₯️E U
Chapter 36: Trouble Trouble
Chapter 37: Pandora's Box
Chapter 38: The informant
Chapter 39: Heartbreak
Chapter 40: Heartbreak Part II
Chapter 41: Soojun
Chapter 42: little details, little clues
Chapter 43: what is a name when it is not?
Chapter 44: you can crack it, but not literally
Chapter 45: suspicious?
Chapter 46: A Wall Listens
Chapter 47: CAUGHT. YOU
Chapter 48: Psycho, pyscho hiss, hiss
Chapter 49: Context
Chapter 50: Miss you
Chapter 51: Saturday (let's cuddle)
Chapter 52: An Invitation to a Ball
Chapter 53: Promise Me
Chapter 54: Hotel
Chapter 55: Partners
Chapter 56: Doors
Chapter 57: Literal Escape Rooms
Chapter 58: Literal Escape Rooms Pt.2
Chapter 59: Literal Escape Rooms Pt.3
Chapter 60: Literal Escape Rooms Pt.4
Chapter 61: A painting, and some Thoughts about the 'L' word
Chapter 62: A dance to information
Chapter 63: Golden hour
Chapter 64: Quite Peaceful
Chapter 65: The Bus
Chapter 66: Confusion in its finest
Chapter 67: Kahimanawari (kahit man lang kung maari)
Chapter 68: Talks of Tension and a Book
Chapter 69: Campfire talks Pt.1
Chapter 70: Campfire talks Pt.2
Chapter 71: Processing and Realizations
Chapter 72: Overthinking at its finest
Chapter 73: A (Not so) Simple Conversation
Chapter 74: A little something about jealousy
Chapter 75: Tatlong bilyon ikaw lamang ang aking gusto
Chapter 76: Surprise in Red
Chapter 77: Take a Chance With Me
Chapter 78: Rain, Rain Go Away
Chapter 79: Jung and Huening (Crazy Duo)

Chapter 16: Friends or not?

2.4K 168 187
By RIA__NOONA

Warning: Boring chapter ahead. This chapter is poorly thought of. Oh and, do not kill me for this I swear this is a work of fiction!

The following days were peaceful, everything was back to normal. The flour on the Legacy Memorial Room was no longer there and the bombs were inspected by the police. Confirming Beomgyu's claim that they were all filled with flour.

After the incident, a few gossip lovers found out that the ones who defused the bombs were Beomgyu and Taehyun. And of course the gossip reached the newspaper club and before the two boys knew it.

Their names were at the front page of the daily school newspaper.

'ART CLUB MEMBER CHOI BEOMGYU AND RADIO BROADCASTER KANG TAEHYUN SAVES CYSM FROM BOMB THREAT!'

Written by: 

Jung Moh-wa

Taehyun let out a sigh, rolling up the newspaper he got. The blonde male threw the hood of his jacket over his head, trying to cover his face as much as possible. No, he wasn't doing it because of him being shy or anything, but if there's one thing Taehyun didn't like.

Then that would be being the center of attention.

He hated how uncomfortable it is, how people would stare at a person's appearance from head to toe. Trying to figure out if that someone was worthy enough of the attention that the person was receiving, or maybe suitable enough to be on their 'level' before allowing that person to take a step on the social ladder.   

Some crazy and complicated stuff that is.

But that's high school. 

A place full of teenage drama.

As he walked through the wide halls, Taehyun could feel the stares of the entire student body on him. Their stares were piercing his skin like acid and he felt like he was walking through Antarctic, he hated this feeling. Tugging his hood lower, Taehyun hung his head low and continued walking, the blonde planned to hold to that strategy until he reaches his first class when,

"YAH, TAEHYUN-AH!" 

Taehyun froze from where he was standing.

It was Choi freaking Beomgyu.

Looking over his shoulder, Taehyun saw a pouty faced Beomgyu walking towards him. "Yaaahh~ Taehyun-ah why did you leave me alone in the dorm?! I thought you were gonna wait for me~"

Taehyun immediately covered the older's mouth. "Shush hyung! Everyone's looking at us!" he whisper-yelled, gesturing at everyone in the hall.

Beomgyu removed Taehyun's hand away from his mouth. "So? What's the problem? Wait," the brunette smiled at him teasingly. "Aww~ is little Taehyun shy?" he mocked, nudging Taehyun by the arm.

"What? No! It's just that....." Taehyun pursed his lips, holding the hem of Beomgyu's shirt. "I don't like it when people stare at me hyung. I feel like a lab rat. It's so uncomfortable, I-I don't like it very much."

The older male looked around, indeed the students were looking at them. Some were giving them envy looks, admiration, awe, but most of them were looking at them with desire and lustful ones. 

Beomgyu shot everyone a hard glare before wrapping an arm around Taehyun's waist, pulling the blonde closer to his side. The young boy was caught completely off guard.

"Woah, woah hyung what're you---

"Just keep a straight face and act normal Taehyun-ah. That way people would think about the thing they would think about whenever couples do this," Beomgyu said, resting his hand on Taehyun's torso. 

The latter nodded hesitantly, blush invading his face. "Alright hyung, but can I keep my hood on?"

The older male chuckled, ruffling Taehyun's hood. "Whatever makes you comfortable sweetcheeks."

Despite being flustered, Taehyun managed to keep a straight face and act natural as they walked pass everyone in the halls. Though some students were still looking at them, but most of the others weren't anymore. 

When they were finally out of everyone's eyes. Beomgyu removed his hand from Taehyun's waist and took off the younger's hood also, making the blonde male look up at him. "Why did you take it off?!"

The older rose a questioning brow. "Which one? My hand or the hood?"

Taehyun blinked a few times before scoffing, looking away to hide his blush. "The hood, obviously!"

Beomgyu rolled his eyes and smiled discretely. Taehyun was so transparent sometimes, "Of course sweetcheeks."

As the two boys made their way to their first class, they were stopped by a familiar voice along the way.

"Beomgyu."

The two boys stopped, Beomgyu, knowing the voice all too well, heaved a sigh. "What do you want now?" he looked over his shoulder to see his older brother. "Soobin-hyung."

The ravenette male didn't answer him, instead, he averted his gaze to Taehyun. He flashed him a small smile, "Good morning Taehyun."

The latter returned the gesture, "Good morning Soobin-hyung."

Beomgyu scoffed. "Are you only here to greet my dorm mate good morning or is it more urgent for you  to waste your precious time here in the junior hall?"

"The second one, I'm here because I am in need of your help brother dear. It is a matter of saving the school's image, and a student's state of mentality," Soobin reasoned.

"State of mentality?" Beomgyu repeated, brows furrowed.

"Precisely, now will you two help me and the student committee?" Soobin asked.

"Wait wait wait, what do you mean by 'you two'? Taehyun isn't coming with us, who knows this might be dangerous--

"I'll come with you guys," Taehyun interjected.

Beomgyu frowned. "What? Are you sure?"

"I'm positive, besides. Math was getting boring anyways so..." Taehyun shrugged, flashing him a smile.

Soobin clasped his hands. "Splendid! Now come along you two, I'll explain the situation along the way." he spun around but before walking, Soobin looked over his shoulder. A grin plastered on his delicate lips. "Oh, and don't worry about Mr. Lee. I took care of him."

The two younger males nodded and followed the Vice president.

"So what's the situation?" Beomgyu asked, he and Taehyun were a meter behind Soobin.

"Do you know that famous app, Tiktok?" Soobin asksked, not looking over his brother.

"If you're talking about that app that the students are fussing about. Then yes, I've heard of it," Beomgyu nodded.

"Well apparently, the school's main page on Twitter posted a competition about who gets the most hearts on Tiktok in three weeks receives a prize and becomes the face of the up-coming magazine at Blue hour, sponsored by the school of course." Soobin explained, taking a turn to a corridor.

"So who's taking the lead now?" Taehyun spoke.

"Sana Minatozaki from the 12th grade seniors department," Soobin said. "Apparently miss Minatozaki gained a matter of 4,000 hearts in just a week, making her the candidate to beat. And just last Friday before the competition ends we received notice that she was in a hospital, Park Jihyo, a friend of hers was the one who brought her there. But when Miss Minatozaki woke up, she said she became.... well, hysterical, in a way."

Beomgyu frowned, fishing his phone from his pocket. "In what way exactly?"

"Crazily, Miss Park said when Sana-ssi woke up she went crazy. She was screaming, and was basically on the verge of insanity. They had to tie her up to her hospital bed and inject her with strong sedatives. She was immediately eliminated from the competition."

"Poor sunbaenim, I hope she's okay now," Taehyun mumbled. He averted his gaze at Beomgyu who was busy with his phone, after a few minutes, he placed it back into his pocket.

"Well, she's calmed down now. But according to her friends, she became very quiet than before and her attitude has changed. The doctor said it was because of the shock." Soobin sighed, "Poor lady."

He shook his head. "Anyways, I had a small chat with Miss Jihyo. She told me that when she found Sana-ssi, the latter wrote something on the floor before she passed out."

"And that is?" Beomgyu asked.

"Peach."

"Peach? Why would she write peach?" the blonde male asked.

"Well sweetcheeks. It's either she was craving for one," Beomgyu uttered. "Or there's another reason why she wrote it. Maybe a clue that leads to whoever hit her on the head."

After a few minutes of walking, the three males came into a halt in front of the said dance classroom where Sana was found bloodied and unconscious, but there was something wrong. 

The police tapes were ripped off the door. 

Furrowing, Soobin took the honors of opening the door, and to their suprise, they saw a shoulder-length haired girl placing a trophy back on one of the shelves.

"Excuse me Miss but what are you doing inside this dance classroom that is obviously off limits for the meantime?" Soobin's deep voice bellowed through the entire room, making the mysterious girl flinch.

"Turn around," Soobin commanded.

The girl didn't obey, instead she placed a hand on her shoulder. Soobin became irritated and tsked.

"TURN AROUND NOW, AND LET ME SEE YOUR FACE!" he shouted, clearly at the peak of his patience. Taehyun found himself stepping back.

The girl flinched, and slowly spun around. Revealing her face, she was wearing a black crop-top underneath a black patterned jacket  and a pair of sweatpants and white timberlands. She was wearing red lipstick too.

"Who are you, and what are you doing here?"

"I'm Hirai Momo, 12th grade student. I'm part of the dance team," she said, plainly.

"And what're you doing here?" Beomgyu asked.

"My dance captain told me to get a trophy from the other room for our new choreography."

"Huh, funny because I know someone from the dance team and he told me you guys didn't have any practice for today." Soobin said smugly, it was such a relief that Yeonjun told him that they didn't have any dance practice for today.

"Besides, judging by your stance. You weren't taking the trophy off the shelf. You were more likely placing it back." Beomgyu added, arms crossed.

The girl, Momo, recognized Beomgyu. "Oh, you're that guy who played the hero part a few days ago during the bomb threat, along with your little sidekick."

Beomgyu nodded. "Yes that was me, and no I don't think you would call that an act of heroism. It was merely an act of saving myself because I don't want to die young. And Taehyun isn't just a mere sidekick. But anyways if it's alright with you sunbaenim, can I ask you a question?"

The older girl simply nodded. 

"Do you know Sana Minatozaki?"

The girl nodded and sighed. "Of course I know her, she's my seatmate in Literature class."

"Mm-hmm, of course you do. After all, you need to get closer to your enemies in order to orchestrate their fall." Beomgyu said, a smug grin on his lips.

Taehyun snapped his head to his hyung. Did he just dropped an indirect you-dun-it line just like that?! And worst, to someone who they only knew for like seconds ago?!

Was he going crazy?!

"What're you talking about?! Are you saying I was the one who hit her on the back of her head?!" 

"Oh I did not say that. You're the one who jumps so quickly into conclusions." Beomgyu chuckled, and there it was again. That mysterious glint in Beomgyu's eyes. 

The senior gulped.

"Say, sunbaenim. Why did Miss Sana wrote peach instead of that person's name?" Beomgyu asked, a sly grin morphed into his lips as he stepped forward.

"I dunno, maybe because she wanted peach?" Momo shrugged.

"Funny, I thought that too. But there's actually another reason why she wrote it," the brunette male sung.

"And that is?" Soobin asked.

Beomgyu spun around, his grin widening. "Because peach is also translated as Momo in Japanese. And not to mention that you're one of the competitors of that competition. You're also tied with Miss Minatozaki last week."

"But that doesn't explain the fact that I did it to her, which I did not. How can you accuse me so easily?!" she yelled, anger was present in her eyes.

"Oh? Did I accuse you?" Beomgyu asked, feigning innocence.

"I-I mean, y-you--

"I must say, you planned this well. You befriended her, and once you guys were close enough. You lured her inside this dance classroom, which held no surveillance cameras, inside nor outside. You picked a time and a date where the competition was nearing its end, which was last Friday, 5 o'clock in the morning." Beomgyu took out a pair of latex gloves and wore them. He then walked to the shelf where the senior placed the trophy.

"Once you guys were inside, you hit Sana-ssi on the back of her head with this trophy, dragged her body near the trophy shelf to make it look like an accident." Beomgyu added.

But Momo didn't back down. "Okay so if I were to be the person who did it as what you accuse me to be. Then why would I give away the time and date I set up to 'lure' her, huh?" she countered, doing quotation marks on the word 'lure'.

Taehyun bit his lip, she had a point. If she were to do that to Miss Sana, then why would she give away the time and date she was supposed to do it? The blonde massaged his temples, this is way too complicated. 

"Oh? Did I say it was you who gave it away? Oh no no," Beomgyu chuckled. 

"It was Sana-ssi who did."

Momo's eyes widen, her face screamed the word fear. "What?"

Taehyun looked at his hyung confused. "What?"

While Soobin watched the drama unfold. He was a bit upset because he didn't bring any popcorn with him too.

"You see sunbaenim. When you and Sana-ssi were 'practicing' a new dance from Tiktok. Miss Sana took a quick video off you and the place you guys were and posted it on her instagram story, which had the time and the date itself. And if you still deny it then here. Your evidence, madame." Beomgyu took his phone and threw it on the ground, sliding it to Momo's feet. The girl's eyes widen, it was indeed a video off her dancing and on the exact date Sana had been found unconscious.

A sinister smirk rose on Beomgyu's lips as he saw the senior's expression. She was scared, nervous and was trembling even. "Too bad, you could have gotten away with it you know. If you weren't so careless and confident that no one would ever notice you slid in here and place the weapon you used back on its shelf. And your terrible in acting too."

The latter collapse on her knees, head hung low. "You're right, I did it."

"Why did you do it?" Taehyun asked softly.

"She used me," she uttered.

"She used you? In what way?" Soobin furrowed his brows.

Momo lifted her gaze to the ceiling. "At the first day of the competition, I was leading with 1,000 hearts. I've been in Tiktok for a year now, so I was confident that I would win. But then, a day after that, Sana came to me. She told if I can teach her how to dance because she told me she didn't know how to. So of course, I taught her. A week passed, she and I gotten close, and she was getting better at dancing too. On Saturday, I told her that I wanted to hang out, and she agreed. I waited for her on our usual hang-out place, but two hours had passed, she hasn't arrived. So I checked our school's main page just to see her face tied with mine. I wasn't mad at first, but when Sunday came. She didn't show up to practice, she wasn't answering my texts anymore. And I found out that she actually blocked my number. I felt like a toy that had lost its value, I hated it. She used me, so I did that to her."

"You're wrong," Beomgyu said.

"What?"

"You're wrong," he repeated. "Sana-ssi didn't used you, in fact. She even looked up to you."

"That's impossible! She used me! She only talked to me because she needed something from me!" Momo shouted. Tears were threatening to roll down.
Beomgyu sighed. "If my words aren't enough to prove it, then I suggest you swipe left on my phone."

A bit hesitant, the female grabbed Beomgyu's phone and swiped left. And tears rolled down as she did.

It was the same video of her first story and at the day and time. But there was a text written in pink beside her dancing.

'My Unnie is so good at dancing! I hope she wins, I'm rooting for her<3!'

Momo loosened her grip on Beomgyu's phone. She covered her tear stained face and sobbed. "Oh god, w-what have I done?! I-I..... I-I'm so sorry...... I'm so sorry Sana-chan! I'm so sorry!"

Taehyun couldn't help but feel bad for her, she thought Sana used her. But she actually looked up to her. But why did Sana block her number then?

"Jumping into conclusions isn't very healthy Miss Hirai. Not to mention that you almost killed her." Soobin spoke, taking the spot light from his brother. "You know, you're actually the one who won the competition. But since you've done something that almost cost a life and is against the school rules. So I hereby eliminate you from the competition and suspend you for a month, I'll report this to the board of directors. They will be the ones who'll decide your judgement. But for now..." 

Out of nowhere Yeonjun and the other members of the committee popped out from the door. They held the senior by the arm, hoisting her up. "You'll be held for further questioning by the Council," Yeonjun said, she didn't try to escape. She merely nodded.

"Alright guys, take her to the glass room," Yeonjun said.

The team nodded and took the lady out of the dance classroom.

Beomgyu sighed, "Poor sunbaenim. She really thought Sana-ssi used her."

"The effects of jumping into conclusions too quickly." Soobin shook his head. "Something humans can't avoid."

"But why did she block her number then?" Taehyun asked.

"That's because she didn't," Yeonjun uttered, adjusting his glasses.

Beomgyu frowned. "She.... didn't?"

"I brought Miss Sana's phone to the police for inspections during my free time, which was my first class. They told me nothing was wrong with it, no phone number's were deleted nor blocked." Yeonjun stated. 

"I see this case isn't solved yet, but for now. We'll label it as closed," Beomgyu sighed. Who knew there was more to just a simple misunderstanding.

He shook his head, no, there's always more than meets the eye.

Something that was well hidden.

"Anyways, Yeonjun and I will be going now." Soobin gestured the older male to follow him. Yeonjun was quick to follow, saying a quick goodbye to Beomgyu and Taehyun.

And now, Taehyun and Beomgyu were left all alone.

"By the way hyung," Taehyun walked up to the brunette.

"Yes sweetcheeks?"

"You actually followed Sana-sunbaenim on Instagram?" Taehyun asked.

The brunette merely chuckled. "Nah, why would I? I asked an old acquaintance of mine to hack into Miss Sana's account."

Taehyun eyed him in disbelief. "Wha... you do know that's invasion of privacy, y'know!"

"Desperate times calls for desperate measures. Besides, I did it for a good cause," Beomgyu reasoned out.

"But still! Anyways, who's this acquaintance of yours? Does he go to CYSM too?" Taehyun asked curiously.

"Yup, he does," the brunette nodded.

"Then can I meet him? I want to know if Jaemin-hyung still had those ridiculous pictures of me last year in his phone." Taehyun stated.

Beomgyu let out a chortle, ruffling Taehyun's hair. "You'll meet him someday Taehyun-ah. He's very sociable,

"If you give him his favorite juice."

________________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you liked this chapter:)

And also, this is a work of fiction guys. Don't take it seriously!

I have nothing against Momo nor Sana! I love TWICE!

And I have nothing against Tiktok!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.3K 1.5K 43
High school wasn't Yeonjun's thing, he hated it. His "bad boy" persona scared all of his previous roommates however a new -annoying- boy was announce...
25.1K 1.2K 47
From trying to get two cast members together, friend issues, celebrity life, past trauma, health issues and crushes, the new trending show in South K...
14.3K 2.2K 57
πŸ…±πŸ…΄πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…ΉπŸ†„πŸ…½ πŸ”ž ¹⁸⁺ | ᴰʳᡃᡐᡃ | α΄Ώα΅’α΅α΅ƒβΏαΆœα΅‰ Half a year has passed since Choi Yeonjun and Kang Taehyun separated from their relationship on probation. Du...
85.1K 5.9K 51
Choi Soobin works for an agency created to take down criminals who show up on government radars. The criminals who are your top notch hackers, sneaki...