Sherlock - TAEGYU

By RIA__NOONA

Kang Taehyun thought that he knew everything about his dormmate, Choi Beomgyu. A cheery-enthusiastic, caring... More

Introduction
Chapter 1: Choi Beomgyu
Chapter 2: A 'Peaceful' Day
Chapter 3: Homicide or Suicide?
Chapter 4: Rooftop and Restrooms
Chapter 6: Explain
Chapter 7: Teddy Bear
Chapter 8: A Note and A Silhouette
Chapter 9: Obsessed
Chapter 10: Knight In Shining Armor
Chapter 11: Thoughts and A Pillow fight
Chapter 12: And it all goes- BOOM!
Chapter 13: Choi Soobin
Chapter 14: Eslite
Chapter 15: A Fake?
Chapter 16: Friends or not?
Chapter 17: Detective Lessons In An Amusement Park
Chapter 18: Roller Skating with a chance of Pick-locking
Chapter 19: Voices Of the Library
Chapter 20: Mystery Solved!
Chapter 21: Red Lipstick
Chapter 22: Red Lipstick PART II
Chapter 23: Lies For Mi Corazon
Chapter 24: Lo, and Behold!
Chapter 25: May I have this dance, Monsieur?
Chapter 26: Colors of a Russian Roulette
Chapter 27: Let's play a Game
Chapter 28: You're safe, that's what matters
Chapter 29: Kai's Amusement Park Hang-out Demand
Chapter 30: It's A Date? It's A Date!
Chapter 31: I Found Something!
Chapter 32: The Wall That Talks
Chapter 33: Can I hold your hand?
Chapter 34: Labyrinth of Codes
Chapter 35: I LOโ™ฅ๏ธE U
Chapter 36: Trouble Trouble
Chapter 37: Pandora's Box
Chapter 38: The informant
Chapter 39: Heartbreak
Chapter 40: Heartbreak Part II
Chapter 41: Soojun
Chapter 42: little details, little clues
Chapter 43: what is a name when it is not?
Chapter 44: you can crack it, but not literally
Chapter 45: suspicious?
Chapter 46: A Wall Listens
Chapter 47: CAUGHT. YOU
Chapter 48: Psycho, pyscho hiss, hiss
Chapter 49: Context
Chapter 50: Miss you
Chapter 51: Saturday (let's cuddle)
Chapter 52: An Invitation to a Ball
Chapter 53: Promise Me
Chapter 54: Hotel
Chapter 55: Partners
Chapter 56: Doors
Chapter 57: Literal Escape Rooms
Chapter 58: Literal Escape Rooms Pt.2
Chapter 59: Literal Escape Rooms Pt.3
Chapter 60: Literal Escape Rooms Pt.4
Chapter 61: A painting, and some Thoughts about the 'L' word
Chapter 62: A dance to information
Chapter 63: Golden hour
Chapter 64: Quite Peaceful
Chapter 65: The Bus
Chapter 66: Confusion in its finest
Chapter 67: Kahimanawari (kahit man lang kung maari)
Chapter 68: Talks of Tension and a Book
Chapter 69: Campfire talks Pt.1
Chapter 70: Campfire talks Pt.2
Chapter 71: Processing and Realizations
Chapter 72: Overthinking at its finest
Chapter 73: A (Not so) Simple Conversation
Chapter 74: A little something about jealousy
Chapter 75: Tatlong bilyon ikaw lamang ang aking gusto
Chapter 76: Surprise in Red
Chapter 77: Take a Chance With Me
Chapter 78: Rain, Rain Go Away
Chapter 79: Jung and Huening (Crazy Duo)

Chapter 5: Unveil Killer

2.6K 171 153
By RIA__NOONA

The two dorm mates ran with all their might until they reached the back of their school, where the track and soccer field was situated.

From a certain distance, they could see Inspector Sehun and his men along with four unknown ladies. Two of them were brunettes, one of them had blue hair while the other one had black hair with bangs. She looked like the youngest amongst them, but the only similarity was that they had puffy eyes and tear-stained cheeks. Especially the girl with waist-length wavy brown hair.

Inspector Sehun looked over his shoulder as he felt the two boys' presence, "You're just in time. We asked the students around for Hwang Yeji's close friends, and so far. We managed to find four of them; Shin Yuna, Shin Ryujin, Choi Lia and Yeji-ssi's girlfriend. Lee Chaeryoung." he said as he gestured at the four girls.

"They're also the last ones who saw Hwang Yeji alive before the incident," Sehun added.

"So that makes all three of them a potential suspect," Taehyun mumbled in a low voice. But unfortunately, one of the girls heard him.

"Are you saying that one of us killed our friend?!" the black haired girl, Yuna, spat as she glared at Taehyun.

The poor young male was startled at the girl who raised her voice at him. Instinctively, Beomgyu grabbed Taehyun's wrist and pulled the latter behind him. Not that he was mad at the younger, he just didn't want Taehyun to get into trouble. Beomgyu knows how emotionally unstable people are if one their friends were accused for killing another friend.

A strength that can also be a weakness.

Beomgyu looked behind him to see the Taehyun's scared expression. He looked like a mistreated puppy. Poor boy.

"I'll handle this Tae," he whispered softly, averting his gaze back to the four girls.

"Unfortunately, it's true. I will not sugar coat my words, your friend. Hwang Yeji, died in the hands of one of you four," Beomgyu's aura changed drastically, it was intimidating. His eyes became cold and scary, like he was planning to lure the killer out with it.

"Impossible! My friends would never do that," Chaeryoung said, the male could sense anger and disbelief as she spat those words.

"Too bad, one of you did---

"Aren't you a student here?" Lia narrowed her eyes, analyzing Beomgyu.

"I am."

"Then what are you doing here? And why did the police allowed you to question us? What are you a Sherlock Holmes-wannabe? Tsk, whatta freak," Ryujin insulted.

But Beomgyu remained calm. "Well unfortunately Miss, I'm not a freak. I'm just highly intelligent and the police owes me a lot so they gave me permission to interfere because they are extremely...." he was about to say stupid but the latter felt Taehyun's glare on him. "In need of help..... Anyways, cooperate with me and things will go smoothly." Beomgyu cleared his throat.

"When did you last saw Miss Hwang when she was alive?" the brunette male asked.

"This morning, at my first class. Yeji-unnie and I have English together. Then after that I went to my second class and she went to hers," Yuna replied in a sad tone.

"I last saw her this morning also, Yeji and I were walking to school. I should've never left her side," Ryujin muttered.

"Do you like dogs, Ryujin-ssi?" Beomgyu asked out of the blue.

"What?" the girl was confused at the sudden question, even Taehyun.

Because why would the older ask a girl whom he doesn't even know if she likes dogs?!

"Do you like dogs or cats, answer me." Beomgyu demanded.

Taehyun scoffed inside his mind. Why would his hyung ask a girl that he barely knew if she likes cats or dogs?!

"None. I hate them and I'm allergic," the bluenette coldly responded.

"I see, then what about you Miss Lia? When did you last see Miss Hwang?" Beomgyu averted his gaze to the girl who was beside Chaeryoung, sniffling.

"I..... w-was with her i-in the cafete-ria, we.... we were waiting for the girls to a-arrive when. She...... she received a text f-from Chaeryoungie to go to the rooft-

"A-A text from me?" Chaeryoung asked, she looked very confused.

Lia nodded.

"I.... I didn't send her a text," the brunette whispered shakily.

"But you did. Sh-She even showed it to me!"

"No I didn't, trust me! I was in the dance classroom all day. I-I didn't even get to see her nor even have time to text her because our professor was so strict!" Chaeryoung defended herself.

'Well this should be interesting,' Beomgyu thought, biting his lower lip to prevent himself from smirking.

"We did a few inspections around Hwang Yeji's phone. And we saw your convo with her through text, you told her to come to the rooftop." Inspector Sehun spoke up, holding a zip-lock bag that had Yeji's phone.

"B-But... I never text Yeji. I-I always call her, I rarely text her. Believe me-

Chaeryoung was cut off when Ryujin grabbed the collar of her shirt. The bluenette's eyes were filled with anger, she was enrage. "I should've known it was you. I couldn't believe that you had the guts to do that to her!" she shouted.

"But Ryu I didn't do it! Believe me please-

"Shut it! Don't call me by my nickname you murderer. You killed her because of that arguement you guys had two weeks ago and probably deleted your convo with her! You're a-

CLAP!

CLAP!

CLAP!

Three slow yet firm claps broke the intense tension between the two girls. Causing everyone to put all their attention to one certain person: Beomgyu.

"Such brilliant acting Miss Ryujin. I must say you have a potential of being an actress someday," Beomgyu complimented the bluenette, he had a smug smile on his face as he continued clapping. Every word he said to the lady was oozing with sarcasm, it was dripping even.

Ryujin glared at him. "Excuse me, what the fuck are you talking about?"

The latter ignored her, and continued talking. "Too bad, you can't perform in a stage if your a killer y'know."

Ryujin's eyes widen, fear flashed before her eyes but that was only few seconds before it changed into anger and rage. But that didn't get unnoticed by Taehyun and Beomgyu. The younger male was confused while Beomgyu had a sly smirk painted on his lips.

"W-What are you talking about. I could never do that, she's my best friend! Chaeryoung's the murderer, she told Yeji to come to the rooftop. She was the one who killed her! There's the proof you need, you detective-freak!" Ryujin yelled infront of Beomgyu's face.

If Beomgyu wasn't offended by the detective-freak. But Taehyun surely was, he was about to spew some sassy insults at the bluenette but Beomgyu prevented him. Eyes still glued at Ryujin who was close to insanity.

"Then why's the edge of your shirt stained with red? I'm pretty sure you're not part of the art club since that's where I reside."

The girl's face paled as she swallowed the lump on her throat. "I-I fell on the stairs when I was running to the cafeteria," she said as she looked away.

"Oh so you're saying that when you killed Yeji-

"I'm telling you I didn't kill her!" Ryujin shouted as she swung a fist at Beomgyu's direction. But before her fist could land on the brunette lad, his hand grabbed Ryujin's wrist. Preventing her fist to land on his face, the bluenette was about to retract her hand when Beomgyu tightened his grip on Ryujin's wrist. The girl hissed at the grip which wasn't even that tight.

Beomgyu grabbed Ryujin's jacket sleeve and harshly uncovered her forearm, her friends and Taehyun gasped while Beomgyu was was wearing a smug smile. Long and deep scratches were carved on her forearm, they were turning purple, some were red. And a bite mark that was clearly done by a human. Ryujin yanked her wrist off from Beomgyu's grip and covered her forearm.

"W-Where did you get that Unnie?" Yuna asked.

"I-I got scratched by a cat. I tried to pet it-

"But according to yourself, you said you hated cats and dogs. And those scratches are clearly aren't from any feline nor canine. Especially that bite mark," Beomgyu said.

"Shut it you freak!" the bluenette fired.

"Anger issues," Beomgyu began.
"You have difficulties of controlling your temper. And because of the jealousy and hatred you had for Miss Chaeryoung for stealing your friend. You decided to kill Yeji and pin the blame on her, you even went as far as getting Miss Chaeryoung's number to lure Yeji into the rooftop. When she was finally there you confessed to her but I guess she didn't except it. So you kissed her without her consent so she pushed you away. And that's when your vision turned red, you tried stabbing her but Yeji scratched and bit you so your anger got out of control and.... did the deed. After you did it, you dragged the body to the edge of the railings and threw it. After that, you ran to the nearest bathroom and washed the blood of your hands and got rid of the murder weapon. But because of the scratches she left you, so you wore a jacket to cover-up the evidence she implanted on you."

'Awesome' Taehyun thought. To be honest, he felt so small when Beomgyu was telling how Ryujin did the killing. His hyung looked so intimidating but he knew deep inside that Beomgyu was a goofy and soft guy.

The bluenette was sweating as she looked around, eyes landing on her friends and her best friends girlfriend. The police and Beomgyu and Taehyun who was behind him.

Then she laughed, Making Taehyun shiver in fear. He didn't know why, but Ryujin looked like she was being possesed.

"Nice try detective-freak. But are you sure I'm the murderer? I don't even know where the weapon is! Give it up sucker-" the bluenette was cut off in pure shock as she saw what Beomgyu was holding in his hand.

It was the pocket knife inside a zip-lock bag.

Ryujin shakily pointed at it. "H-How-

"An associate of mine found this, in the trash can of the girl's restroom a floor away from the rooftop. If you still don't believe me I'll have this scanned for traces of your fingerprints."

Taehyun looked away to hide the blush on his face. Thank god Beomgyu didn't tell them the younger's name or else Taehyun would never forgive the older.

Ryujin fell to her knees as she heaved a sigh. "You're right, I killed Yeji."

Chaeryoung gasped and was about to faint but Yuna caught her just in time. They couldn't believe it, why would Ryujin do that?

"Ryu..... why?" Chaeryoung sobbed as she stared at Ryujin.

"It was because of you! Everything was fine when you came. Yeji didn't have time for me anymore. Our usual hang-outs were always canceled and she wasn't there when I needed her the most! Because of you everything was ruined. It was you-"

Ryujin couldn't finish her sentence when the police hand-cuffed her. And slowly dtagged her to where the police car was situated. "Just you wait Chaeryoung, I'll get you. I'm not scared of anything your family can do just because your an elite!" was her last words before she was forced inside the police car and drove away.

Chaeryoung thank the Inspector but mostly Beomgyu before she went home since classes got canceled when they heard a murder was commited.

"Thank you Beomgyu, again. You really helped me and the police," Inspector Sehun said with a grateful smile.

"Yeah yeah don't mention it. Now get outta here, I know you still have lots to do. And no lazying around old man!" The inspector only let out a chuckle before promising him that he will and drove away.

Taehyun, on the other hand, was a bit conflicted. He was confused to what Ryujin meant by elite. Lots of questions were now on his head like; what does that mean? Was there more to his school that he doesn't know of? Is it damgerous? Did she mean by elite? Was the school hiding something?

Taehyun was cut from his reverie when he felt his phone vibrate. Fishing out the gadget, he saw a text from Jaemin saying that he heard the news about Taehyun being a witness of the murder. So the older told him not to come to the studio to overcome the 'trauma'. But the younger wasn't traumatized though, he even helped catch the killer which was Ryujin. But knowing his senior, he would force Taehyun to rest. The younger texted an 'okay hyung' before hitting the send button and slid the phone back into his pocket.

"Taehyun-ah," the younger spun around to see Beomgyu standing right infront of him.

"Oh hyung, how's the talk with the inspector?"

Beomgyu didn't answer, instead his walked closer to the younger. Pulling Taehyun nearer to him as the brunette wrapped and arm around the blonde's waist. Taehyun almost forgot to breath when he smelled the older's scent. "Hy-Hyung?"

He heard him sigh. "I'm sorry I dragged you into this Tyun. I really am," Beomgyu said as he broke the hug, staring at Taehyun's eyes.

The younger was confused. He didn't need an apology, all he wanted was answers to his questions. But he wasn't mad at the older or anything, Taehyun was just..... curious.

"It's fine hyung, really." the younger assured him.

Beomgyu shook his head, his right hand made its way to Taehyun's cheek. He caresses it with such care, the younger almost leaned into the touch. "I owe you an explanation Taehyun-ah," he said.

"A lot of them."

_______________________________________

Hey guuuyyyysss!!! Sorry for the delay, I had some writer's block I'm so sorry.

I hope you liked this chapter.

And please don't hate me for this chapter also. I'm sorry for making Ryujin the killer, I'm really sorry. I just can't think of any name I am so sorry😢.

-Ria

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.5K 1.4K 26
Troublemaker Kang Taehyun likes being a rebel and doing bad things that make him happy finally met an "angelic" Choi Beomgyu without knowing his true...
35K 2.2K 28
"I'm sure I want this, hyung, please, h-hold me, please don't let me go! I love y-you.." Taehyun hugged him tighter, burying his face on his chest. "...
14.2K 2.2K 57
๐Ÿ…ฑ๐Ÿ…ด๐Ÿ…พ๐Ÿ…ผ๐Ÿ…น๐Ÿ†„๐Ÿ…ฝ ๐Ÿ”ž ยนโธโบ | แดฐสณแตƒแตแตƒ | แดฟแต’แตแตƒโฟแถœแต‰ Half a year has passed since Choi Yeonjun and Kang Taehyun separated from their relationship on probation. Du...
16.7K 658 34
Kang Taehyun, a well studied young college student, had been living in his dorm in peace until recently he'd been getting his peace disturbed by a ce...